Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looking for a film where main character kills someone by accident

Announcements Posted on
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.
    Like it says in the title I am looking for a film where main character kills someone by accident and has a had time dealing with it. I am making a short film based roughly on these idea and want to do a bit of research by looking at other films. This is for my FYP (Final Year Project) at the University of Winchester.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

N. Burns
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burnsey91)
    Hi there.
    Like it says in the title I am looking for a film where main character kills someone by accident and has a had time dealing with it. I am making a short film based roughly on these idea and want to do a bit of research by looking at other films. This is for my FYP (Final Year Project) at the University of Winchester.

N. Burns
    Hm... maybe Law Abiding Citizen
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sweeney Todd...johnny depp kills his wife and doesnt realise its her until afterwards. watch it
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    "The Machinist" would be perfect I reckon.

Pumpkinhead
    21 Grams
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    IN BRUGE!

The entire film revolves around the main character's guilt over accidentally shooting a child. Not to mention it's an absolutely FANTASTIC film.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    What about 'Atonement'? The girl doesn't kill anyone but she spends her life trying to deal with the guilt of her lie, if that's the sort of thing you're looking for.

Or 'Antichrist', where a child dies by falling out a window (I think) while her parents are having sex, and they deal with their guilt/grief ... Bit of an extreme film though, I heard.

Sorry if you're looking for film about a death specifically.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    7 Pounds?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    La Haine (it is a french film though, so might not be for you).
    Sorry, I don't have any others.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    IN BRUGES!

The entire film revolves around the main character's guilt over accidentally shooting a child. Not to mention it's an absolutely FANTASTIC film.
    I was just about to post this! My housemates and I were discussing it last night, it is a brilliant film.

Also, another minor one: Hero. I haven't watched this in a while, so I do apologise for not being able to name characters/remember the plot properly. Towards the end, a woman attacks her lover in a rage, and he doesn't avoid the attack or properly defend himself, so he dies to prove his love for her and other things that I can't remember - I do apologise =.=" She then kills herself using the same sword, in an all out depressing scene. They are *sort of* main characters. Again, I do apologise for this being very very vague, I hope it is at least of some use and if not, never mind. (It is an amazing film, there are some really beautiful scenes, I just made it sound awful. I would encourage anyone to watch it. )
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Burn Notice
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cruel Intentions and In Bruges!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Originally this was a book, but I'm sure there's a film version of it to:
    "The Stranger" by Albert Camus! It's about a French man residing in Algeria, killing an arab on the beach by accident and being death-sentenced for it because the judges think he is soulless. This is one of the most important (and impressive!) existentialist creations ever and it got the Nobel's prize for literature when it was published after the second world war.
    (ok I just looked it up: there is a film version of the book!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Though not really a film, how about Hamlet when he kills Polonius?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burnsey91)
    Hi there.

N. Burns
    The Lion King!

If you think about it, it's a soul-crushing tale of insanity. Drowning in guilt, Simba flees his homeland after watching his own father die, having lured him into the gorge. He walks across the barren desert until he collapses from exhaustion and lays there to die, until he's mysteriously taken and fed nothing but insects for most of his life.

He grows up, isolated and separated from his kind, developing schizophrenia (which explains the voices and singing he hears). "Timone" and "Pumba" are figments of his imagination who he believed were following him.

Eventually, one of his old friends finds him and takes him back. He discovers his homeland was demolished by hyenas and breaks down entirely. He spends the remainder of his life in care, where he invents an elaborate story involving "Scar" who accepts the blame for his father's death, and he absorbs himself in a world where he can return home and live the life he could have led.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    the talented mr ripley, sort of
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    West Side Story? I think there's an accidental death in that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lion King?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xero Xenith)
    The Lion King!

If you think about it, it's a soul-crushing tale of insanity. Drowning in guilt, Simba flees his homeland after watching his own father die, having lured him into the gorge. He walks across the barren desert until he collapses from exhaustion and lays there to die, until he's mysteriously taken and fed nothing but insects for most of his life.

He grows up, isolated and separated from his kind, developing schizophrenia (which explains the voices and singing he hears). "Timone" and "Pumba" are figments of his imagination who he believed were following him.

Eventually, one of his old friends finds him and takes him back. He discovers his homeland was demolished by hyenas and breaks down entirely. He spends the remainder of his life in care, where he invents an elaborate story involving "Scar" who accepts the blame for his father's death, and he absorbs himself in a world where he can return home and live the life he could have led.
    You've destroyed my childhood, I'll never be able to look at The Lion King the same way I did before now. :emo:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xero Xenith)
    The Lion King!

Oh my :eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_Creek

Mean creek fits the bill

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 19, 2011
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.