The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent accommodation help!

Hello, i'm hoping to go and study at Nottingham Trent in September 2012 (Youth Studies) so i'm now looking at the halls i coud live in. Can you please tell me about any information you know about these halls ect please...
Hampden Hall.
Simpsons (twin room)
Meridian Court/ The Maltings - What is it like living out if the city centre, such as getting to lessons and nights out, ie getting back to the halls, taxis ect.
Then i'm also looking at some private halls, such as Mansion Square, The GlassHouse and Victoria Hall. What is it like being a freasher in private halls? Will i miss out on the full freasher experience, do they still get freasher reps ect. Is it better to go in uni halls or private in terms of the overall student experience?
I'm trying too keep my accommodiation budget below £95pw.
Thank you! :biggrin: x
Original post by Kay-Cooper
Hello, i'm hoping to go and study at Nottingham Trent in September 2012 (Youth Studies) so i'm now looking at the halls i coud live in. Can you please tell me about any information you know about these halls ect please...
Hampden Hall.
Simpsons (twin room)
Meridian Court/ The Maltings - What is it like living out if the city centre, such as getting to lessons and nights out, ie getting back to the halls, taxis ect.
Then i'm also looking at some private halls, such as Mansion Square, The GlassHouse and Victoria Hall. What is it like being a freasher in private halls? Will i miss out on the full freasher experience, do they still get freasher reps ect. Is it better to go in uni halls or private in terms of the overall student experience?

I live in Hampden at the moment (remember this is only for first year stay) and its quite good and fun :smile: You will share with a group of 5 (6 including yourself) and you will share kitchen, dining table and shower (with 1 person fortunately). But for laundry you would need to pay £2.50 for a normal wash and if you want to tumble dry them it will cost an extra £1.00. In terms of paying for accommodation if you're planning on living in uni halls you pay by installments (3 altogether), for private accommodation its different obviously.
Don't know about other halls though...

If you need anymore information anout NTU and or Hampden keep quoting me or just send me PMs. :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hampden Hall.
Simpsons (twin room)

Hi!!!

Good choice of course, and i looked around hampden and sandby and they are both ok, they are your average party halls so if you like partying thats where it'll happen. I know some people that are in simpsons and maltings and they like them but they are further away so you might have to think about 20 minute walks or transport.
Im staying in a studio in goldsmith court this year, they have studios and cluster flats too. i love it there but it is a bit more than you want to pay i think. Brilliant location though, you are right in the centre of the campus and literally 2 min walk away from city centre.

Each of the private halls have reps tho, im pretty sure most do.

Good luck in your search and if you have questions, just ask :smile:

Carly
x
I lived outside of the city centre last year and really wouldn't recommend it, it makes going out at night and getting to uni a real hassle and quite expensive (bus is £3.40 return!)
Out of the places you listed I'd say definitely go to Hampden. Although, private halls are much nicer and with bigger rooms, you risk getting put with 'boring' second years or internationals. If you do opt for private halls, make sure you request a fresher flat, and be prepared to pay rent for a term BEFORE you get your loan. That's what trinity square halls, where I am now, require.
Reply 4
Hiya, I've been offered a place on the Print Journalism course and it's my firm choice, but Im wondering on accommodation; I have seen online Blenheim and Norton Court, could anyone advise me on what they are like?
Thank you,
Laura:smile:
Reply 5
Hampden Hall.
Simpsons (twin room)

i was looking too but when i went there they not ready. so i need to book another place and went to russell view. very good price only £99 so i book there and move in.

lewis
Heyyy

Which accommodation did you chose in the end? I went for mansion xx
Reply 7
I've gone for mansion too. Know a girl who stayed at glasshouse and she loved it so much she booked her second year there too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
One bedroom flat available at Goldsmith Court, £212 per week for 48 weeks (September 2013 - August 2014). Across the road from NTU. All bills included, Wi-Fi, flat screen TV and TV license, and contents insurance. Single and dual occupancy available. Please call 0115 947 4078 for details and to book a viewing.

http://www.touchstonestudentliving.co.uk/accommodation/nottingham/goldsmith-court-central-nottingham-student-accommodation-rooms-flats-touc-0
Reply 9
Mansion Square is beautiful, you'll love it :smile: I lived there in second year and had a deluxe room - total heaven.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
En-suite study bedroom available at Goldsmiths as I have dropped out, £106 a week. It's the best location of all the accommodations in Nottingham for city campus. If you want any more info on it please pm me.

The people in the flat are all outgoing and I know from a large number of people who went to trent last year that it has the best location of all halls and is considered by the students of last year as joint best with gill street.

I even know the name of the guy who lived in the exact same room and flat last year if you'd like to ask him about it and if he liked living there.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending