The Student Room Group

Boots vs Superdrug: Which is better?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why do they call themselves 'Boots'?
Superdrug tends to be cheaper but Boots sells more brands.
I prefer Boots for the whole advantage card points thing but if I'm feeling like a cheapskate I go to Superdrug. Aussie shampoo is always on offer :wink:
Reply 23
For basics I skip them both and go to the cheap-o shop.
Boots always. I have an advantage card, and by making sure I buy everything in boots, shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, hair dye etc I have almost £50 worth of points!
Boots' sandwiches are amazing. And I do have an advantage card. But sometimes Superdrug has some really good offers on.
Original post by The Stig
Does that include perfumes too? :gah:

Yes, it totally does. It's awesome.

Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
boots, cause i can get my pain killers there

You can get pain killers at Superdrug too!

I don't work there or anything... I'm not completely biased at all... :colone:
Original post by CraigKirk
Yes, it totally does. It's awesome.

You can get pain killers at Superdrug too!

I don't work there or anything... I'm not completely biased at all... :colone:

not the ones i get you cant
Superdrug because it is in general much cheaper - I find Boots to be expensive.

not the ones i get you cant

Ohhh, you mean a brand in particular! Fair enough. You can get Galpharm paracetamol caplets at 16p per pack though, and to me, paracetamol is paracetamol.
Original post by CraigKirk
Ohhh, you mean a brand in particular! Fair enough. You can get Galpharm paracetamol caplets at 16p per pack though, and to me, paracetamol is paracetamol.

no i didnt mean a brand, i get boots own make

co-codamol
Good question. I cant decide. I have a loyalty card for both but Superdrug one is more useful as it can be used as a mirror (i have done multiple times on the tube, very handy)
Reply 32
I'm not really sure why, but I go to Boots more than Superdrug. Where I live they're next door to each other, so it's not like one's nearer than another. I probably go to Boots 'cos I have an advantage card, but I don't have a superdrug card for some reason - really should get one!

If I'm after something that they both sell and I have the time, I'll nip from one to the other to get the cheapest! :tongue: Boots has more variety of make-up and it's mainly what I go there for.

It depends on what you're after!
Reply 33
I normally go to Boots :smile:
It is 2 minutes from my house.
I rarely go to superdrug. Only around Xmas time for the cheap deals for gifts. :smile:
Reply 34
Boots, as I have staff discount B)
BOOTS derr
Reply 36
Cant get my shampoo in superdrug, its the only one that doesnt irritate my skin.
Therefore i go to boots and have an advantage card as the shampoo is about 4 quid for a small bottle 0.0
Reply 37
Boots! My local Superdrug is always a mess for some reason, it's like the staff just throw things on the shelves and make them impossible to find =(
Reply 38
Boots No.17 Lipstick is the best thing ever, as soon as I get enough points on my card then I buy myself one haha :smile: Also Aussie is always on offer there, the deep conditioner is the best thing ever :smile:
Original post by Popppppy
Boots always. I have an advantage card, and by making sure I buy everything in boots, shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, hair dye etc I have almost £50 worth of points!

Apparently its not such a savvy thing, as Boots gives you 4% off by using points, and it good, but if you buy something at 50%off at Tesco, it works out more expensive in Boots. At least thats what moneysavingexpert site says :p:
I tend to buy things I can only get at Boots when I go there, such as 17(when they have a free gift), No7(when they have a voucher), Soap and Glory, pharmacy stuff. But its best to use points booster vouchers anyway :p:

Quick Reply

Latest