The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
pezz
do the Kings college halls have internet connection?

all of them have internet connection in the rooms (dunno bout intercollegiate) apart from wolfson house and hampstead, tho hampstead says they have planned internet connection for the 2006/7 entry in Sept.
but i think wolfson and hampstead wil both have access to PC's in a common room or computer room or at the nearby campus's.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
the apartments still have common rooms, and although we dont share a long coridoor there are around 7 - 8 rooms in each flat so everyone gets to know each other, and as long as you bother to get out and talk to ppl in freshers week, no matter where you live you'll make friends.
25 Bec
I'm at Great dover Street and I now wish i'd picked Wolfson house, GDS is so big that its difficult 2 meet people and everyone is in there own flats so hard 2 mix. People i know in Wolfson house know so many more people and seem 2 have much more fun, plus they are closer and u dont have 2 walk through a dodgy park 2 get anywhere!!!!

Well, Miss Merchant, how about ignoring the obvious egg+flour/rubbishmusic clique that hangs around in the courtyard and start talking to interesting looking people who come in the doors with you - "hi" is a great start!

Even better is "hi.. what's the time", causing the person to invest an action in you, ie time/effort, thus they let down their shield a little and it's so easy to build rapport!

And of those 18-30 holidays you talked about earlier, your sister wasn't the only one :rolleyes:

:*: Cøda's Incredible Amazingness of Solskinnen føl Apartment :*:
pezz
do the Kings college halls have internet connection?

Kings College Hall has wireless throughout now.

I'll echo what I've said before in all of these KCL accommodation threads: halls atmosphere is unbeatable to be honest. The flats can get a bit lonely sometimes. Different people like different things though. :smile:
dreams24_7
AW thanks for the reply! USEFUL =)
I visited kings yday..and saw greatdover street apartments..1 of the rooms...happnd to be the smallest haha ..but it lookd nice..with ensuite =)

Which tour group (colour) were you with and which flat/block did you see?

I was tour guiding that day (...£24 yummy!) and showed a tiny flat in block 2with 3 girls showing their room, and my flat in block 10 where, although we showed the room at the end of the corridor - v pink, with random bottles of Smirnoff about the place and unwashed up plates around (love you Dreama x), we really could have used other more spacious rooms.

I'll be doing the same again this Wednesday, but with the greater rooms open :smile: Bear in mind that it's a lottery as to which you get, but if you do get a chance to see a brilliant room, don't just stand there gazing about like the others - ask questions, check the view from the windows, really enjoy it. After all, it's a long day and you want some fun! Pick up guitars, play darts, choose the music - just make it fun!

It's not what happens, it's what you DO with what happens...
feel.the.Sunshine!
Reply 25
:eek:
feel.the.Sunshine!
Which tour group (colour) were you with and which flat/block did you see?

I was tour guiding that day (...£24 yummy!) and showed a tiny flat in block 2with 3 girls showing their room, and my flat in block 10 where, although we showed the room at the end of the corridor - v pink, with random bottles of Smirnoff about the place and unwashed up plates around (love you Dreama x), we really could have used other more spacious rooms.

I'll be doing the same again this Wednesday, but with the greater rooms open :smile: Bear in mind that it's a lottery as to which you get, but if you do get a chance to see a brilliant room, don't just stand there gazing about like the others - ask questions, check the view from the windows, really enjoy it. After all, it's a long day and you want some fun! Pick up guitars, play darts, choose the music - just make it fun!

It's not what happens, it's what you DO with what happens...
feel.the.Sunshine!

Can't remember what colour ..physiotherapy ..it ended up being all mixed together lol and yeah it was a v pink and gurlie room..was told it was da smallest room...hehehe...had to walk up lotsaa flights of stairs..hahha

another thing i wana check is that ...as long as u submit ya application b4 ..the date asked for..i.e the 1st round of application..they do it as lottery rite?
x
A: Yes

You had to do the stairs? Bummer. Though the lift is broken now so we have to do the same stairs again and again and again...!

What's your course, dreams?

Jeg tror = I believe
Reply 27
feel.the.Sunshine!
A: Yes

You had to do the stairs? Bummer. Though the lift is broken now so we have to do the same stairs again and again and again...!

What's your course, dreams?

Jeg tror = I believe

physiotherapy

what do u study??

did u live at GDS ?? would u recommend it yaself,personally?
x
dreams24_7
physiotherapy

what do u study??

did u live at GDS ?? would u recommend it yaself,personally?
x
MSN me!

let's.Bounce!

Latest