The Student Room Group

UCAS Through IB 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by desy.kris
nooooooooooooooooooooo TOK essay due tomorrow!

good luck hey :biggrin: what texts are you studying for IOC?

Othello and a selection of poems by wilfred owen (11 of them)
ARGGGHHH STRESSS
:puke:
Reply 21
woaaah I envy!! what school do you go to, if you don't mind me asking? I go to ACS Jakarta :biggrin:

Well, I am from Singapore, but I currently attend a school in Melbourne.
Original post by madfreakz
Well, I am from Singapore, but I currently attend a school in Melbourne.

oh I see lol sorry! your location says Singapore that's why I thought...oh well sorry!
finished both IOC and EE in the last 2 days!
IN YOUR FACE IB!
Okay, reading this thread has already made me feel inferior!!!
My predictions are still slightly up in the air but it's going to be between 30 - 33:smile:
Applying for Zoology at
Exeter (year abroad) - 30 - 34 points
Exeter - 30 - 34 points
Cardiff 34 points (I am applying here as I've pretty much got my heart set on Exeter and I ran out of options and this was the only uni I'd visited... know my grades aren't high enough:tongue:)
Derby - 28
Aberyswyth - 28

I may not apply to Derby though as I'm not sure how much I liked it on the open day :/ decisions. decisions....

Good luck to everyone with your EE's etc D:

ps what's an IOC?:redface:
ughhhhh I have to restart my EE and submit it tomorrow :frown: :frown:

I also want to change my TOK presentation topic!! :frown:

Original post by deadsmurfette
ps what's an IOC?:redface:

Individual Oral Commentary for Language A1. similar to Paper 1, only oral and based on a text you've studied.
ughhhhh I have to restart my EE and submit it tomorrow :frown: :frown:

I also want to change my TOK presentation topic!! :frown:

Individual Oral Commentary for Language A1. similar to Paper 1, only oral and based on a text you've studied.

urgh i know that feeling when you've done your research written it out and doubt your choice of topic... although i would say if there's room for you to edit and make it better rather than having to go all over again please go for it! i was the same with my EE when i first struggled to get over 3000 words, and for my final draft i had to cut down because i was over 4000!

and yeah the IOC is basically a human experiment from the IB that makes you want to vomit and cry for the whole day while watching your friends suffer like you/scream in happiness to be done with it/in tears because they got a terrible extract.
Original post by jacksonriddle
urgh i know that feeling when you've done your research written it out and doubt your choice of topic... although i would say if there's room for you to edit and make it better rather than having to go all over again please go for it! i was the same with my EE when i first struggled to get over 3000 words, and for my final draft i had to cut down because i was over 4000!

and yeah the IOC is basically a human experiment from the IB that makes you want to vomit and cry for the whole day while watching your friends suffer like you/scream in happiness to be done with it/in tears because they got a terrible extract.

lol at your description of the IOC xD

nooo, it's in maths. the model was flawed as the assumption was invalid, so i can't use it :frown: need to change my model...argh

i'm just lucky there's no word limit :biggrin: can write as much as i want to!
lol at your description of the IOC xD

nooo, it's in maths. the model was flawed as the assumption was invalid, so i can't use it :frown: need to change my model...argh

i'm just lucky there's no word limit :biggrin: can write as much as i want to!

wait why don't you have a word limit?! isn't it max of 4000 for the EE?
Finally an IB UCAS thread! :biggrin:

My predictions are: 42/45 with 777 at HL and 775 at SL :biggrin: and two core points.

Applying to do French and ab initio Russian at:

Cambridge - Predicted requirement: 40-43?
Durham - PR: 38-42?
UCL - PR: 35 - 40?
Bristol - PR: 34 - 38?
Bath - PR - 32 - 38?

Ill at home, but EE FIRST DRAFT TOMORROW and all my friends have completed their final one. I had to change my title at the last minute, so I have an extension. But I haven't written any of it yet! :O xxxxxxxxxxx
Original post by beautiful-lion
Finally an IB UCAS thread! :biggrin:

My predictions are: 42/45 with 777 at HL and 775 at SL :biggrin: and two core points.

Applying to do French and ab initio Russian at:

Cambridge - Predicted requirement: 40-43?
Durham - PR: 38-42?
UCL - PR: 35 - 40?
Bristol - PR: 34 - 38?
Bath - PR - 32 - 38?

Ill at home, but EE FIRST DRAFT TOMORROW and all my friends have completed their final one. I had to change my title at the last minute, so I have an extension. But I haven't written any of it yet! :O xxxxxxxxxxx

o_O why do all your requirements have such a massive range?
:OOOOOOOOOO i started my EE in a slack fashion as usual and had to write 2/3s of it in one night... and then the citations took me bloody ages because i did mine on classical theology and the sources dated to the 2nd century...
and the other day i panicked and went to find my supervisor telling him that i didn't capitalise my last name on the cover sheet and asking if i should re-print it. he smiled and said "it's okay, i've never heard of anyone failing their extended essay because they forgot to do that"
STILL isn't as bad as the night before the maths IA was due though!
wait why don't you have a word limit?! isn't it max of 4000 for the EE?

Maths EEs have no word limit :biggrin: :woo:
Maths EEs have no word limit :biggrin: :woo:

haha i didnt know because not a single person did a maths EE in my year.
:tongue:
haha i didnt know because not a single person did a maths EE in my year.
:tongue:

and actually I'm the only one doing a Maths EE at my school :erm: :pinch:

gotta hand it in tomorrow but haven't finished it! D:
and actually I'm the only one doing a Maths EE at my school :erm: :pinch:

gotta hand it in tomorrow but haven't finished it! D:

haha the majority of our year went for group 3!
good luck!
haha the majority of our year went for group 3!
good luck!

the majority is language A1 here :P followed by business and econ. noone is doing a science EE here rofl
Reply 36
Majority of my year is doing science EE's...I'm doing it in Geography even though I do it SL because I was advised against doing an EE in languages or maths :P But seems to be going well so far...she was happy with my first draft :biggrin: Plus I got longer to do it since I had to wait until we went on a trip to get the data I needed :P
Reply 37
IB Progress Report:

TOK - Done
EE - Done
IAs - Done
CAS - Done
IB Exams - 12/15 complete
Original post by madfreakz
IB Progress Report:

TOK - Done
EE - Done
IAs - Done
CAS - Done
IB Exams - 12/15 complete

good luck with the rest of the exams!! what do you have left and when is your last paper?
Reply 39

good luck with the rest of the exams!! what do you have left and when is your last paper?

I just have economics left on monday and tuesday!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending