The Student Room Group

Child Nursing 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Anyone out there for Brighton Child health nursing starting September?
I got my conditional offer yesterday!
Reply 321
Original post by rachbiom
Well done, so have I!!!:smile:

I've just firmed BCU for children's nursing :smile:
I can't wait!! are you going to be staying in halls?
Reply 322
Original post by LA29
I've just firmed BCU for children's nursing :smile:
I can't wait!! are you going to be staying in halls?

Hey, no, I won't be staying in halls. I'm a mature student, (27) so studying from home. I'm waiting to hear back from Northampton before I make a decision about where to go. Northampton would be a first choice, BCU 2nd
[QUOTE="jbarney;36169399"]I have recieved interviews for Plymouth, Bournemouth, Birmingham and York for the child nusing courses. Can anyone give me any tips on what to expect at these interviews and how to prepare? Thanks. x[/QUOTE

How did your Plymouth interview go? Is it your firm choice?
Reply 324
I have an interview for hertfordshire for child nursing tomorrow ...Really need some advice as i've been declined from two of my five choices and Hert's is my first choice.. Please can someonee helppp? :smile:
I got rejected from coventry last friday :| 4/5 rejections now, last one I've yet to hear from is Edge Hill but I only had my interview 17 March, when I asked them when I can expect to hear back, they said once they'd seen everyone, so my guess is that people who applied to Edge Hill will hear back after Easter ( I presume most unis stop interviewing by that point) I REALLY hope I get an offer to Edge Hill or I'm forced to take a gap year and reapply which I hoped I would'nt need to! Just to double check, has anyone received news from Edge Hill? Good luck everyone! x
Original post by glf2110
We had to get 100% on our Drugs Calc. :s-smilie:

Apparently the NMC only ask for 70% pass rate but they are trying to change it to 100% because if you get 3 out of 10 wrong you've passed but in practice you've probably overdosed 3 patients.
Original post by smokingnuns
I got rejected from coventry last friday :| 4/5 rejections now, last one I've yet to hear from is Edge Hill but I only had my interview 17 March, when I asked them when I can expect to hear back, they said once they'd seen everyone, so my guess is that people who applied to Edge Hill will hear back after Easter ( I presume most unis stop interviewing by that point) I REALLY hope I get an offer to Edge Hill or I'm forced to take a gap year and reapply which I hoped I would'nt need to! Just to double check, has anyone received news from Edge Hill? Good luck everyone! x

I got rejected from every uni I applied for last year! I was gutted at the time but I reapplied after getting my a level results to better unis and I now have an offer, it does give you time to mature and gain more experience, this is what i have done so don't feel so down because it can be positive! I also go rejected from coventry, but i didn't really see how they could test me in a group task so i think it's quite unfair! xxx
Thankyou! Yes I did wonder how Coventry judge people only observing, ah well!! Very sound advice, and I will definitely reapply if I don't get in this year because I am determined to get in! I think it's just the stress of waiting between either going to uni or planning out the next year, thankyou though!! xx
Reply 329
Original post by missy7899
Apparently the NMC only ask for 70% pass rate but they are trying to change it to 100% because if you get 3 out of 10 wrong you've passed but in practice you've probably overdosed 3 patients.

Nice to see that Southampton insist on high standards. :smile:

It makes good sense. Didn't know the NMC only asked for 70%. I would be worried for those extra 30%. :eek:
So far Unsuccessful at Coventry, Cardiff and Swansea but Unconditional Offer at Birmingam City University for Children's Nursing, been waiting to hear from Edge Hill for 3 MONTHS!!! :O ARGHH! I feel lucky to have one offer though, especially for childrens nursing as each university has limited spaces, i heard beack 4 days after my interview at BCU with my unconditional offer so I feel quite proud of that, it is my first choice uni too I loved it there, will be starting next April! Just waiting to hear from Edge hill just incase so i can put an insurance choice! Good luck with the offers everyone, anyone else for BCU APRIL 2013? x
Reply 331
Hiya :smile: Just wondering has anyone applied, or heard back from, Manchester to study Child Nursing?

Also Is there any options to start Child Nursing Degrees in February?
Most unis will be on easter break now, so we probably won't hear anything for a couple of weeks, they HAVE to make a decision by 10 may which is the deadline. I checked Edge Hill and they all go back to uni 16th April xxx
Reply 333
just firmed coventry :smile:!! anyone else going there? x
Reply 334
Original post by smokingnuns
Most unis will be on easter break now, so we probably won't hear anything for a couple of weeks, they HAVE to make a decision by 10 may which is the deadline. I checked Edge Hill and they all go back to uni 16th April xxx

The students may be on their Easter break but the staff aren't. They generally get a week off starting the middle of this week, going back middle of next.
oh wow thank you! May hear back sooner than expected then :smile:
Reply 336
Just had a conditional offer for brighton, child nursing course :smile: does anyone know about halls etc.
Reply 337
Original post by zlhx
Just had a conditional offer for brighton, child nursing course :smile: does anyone know about halls etc.

They're starting to send emails and letters about inviting you to halls. So you'll hear soon I expect.

Im also doing child nursing at Brighton =)
Reply 338
I've accepted an unconditional offer from York Uni for Nursing. Anyone else going starting in October?
x
Reply 339
Is any one going for an child nursing interview at UWL this week? This is my last chance and I am so nervous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending