Imperial College London
London

Everyone applying for mechanical engineering to imperial come here plz

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by ssh19931111
Stats from last year:
1.jpg

Thanks for the stats. It doesn't look that bad to be honest, 5:1.
Anyway, where did you get the statistics from?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by DB108

From this link.
Reply 102
damn...nothing from Imperial.........yet............
Reply 103
Original post by Terrance.D
damn...nothing from Imperial.........yet............

Good luck man, hope to see you there.

Is there a Facebook group for Imperial Mechanical Engineering students?
Reply 104
i have been rejected... they have obviously not taken the Spanish Baccauleratte seriously enough.
but there isn´t anything that can be done so good luck the rest of you
Original post by spain
i have been rejected... they have obviously not taken the Spanish Baccauleratte seriously enough.
but there isn´t anything that can be done so good luck the rest of you

Me too...
Reply 106
Just received a rejection notification. Yesterday I sent them my January results:100% UMS in physics unit 4, 96% in C4 and 112 in chemistry unit 4. Today they sent me a rejection notification.

I think its because I did not write any extra curricular activities in my personal statement.
Reply 107
Original post by Terrance.D
Did u call the ME. department or the admission office?

I called the ME department, but hmph unsuccesful!
Wbu?
Original post by DB108
Good luck man, hope to see you there.

Is there a Facebook group for Imperial Mechanical Engineering students?

there is
Reply 109
Original post by DB108

Hi guys :smile: im appling to imperial, for mechanical engineering (yes i know not chemical haha) my AS grades were terrible, BBD and i also retook a year, the grades are mainly due to very bad family situations, my teachers understand and have predicted me A*AA in maths, physics and chemistry respectivly. i was wondering if i have any chance ? thanks soo much to who ever answers !!!!!!
Reply 110
Original post by kaosu_souzousha
there is

Hi guys :smile: im appling to imperial, for mechanical engineering my AS grades were terrible, BBD and i also retook a year, the grades are mainly due to very bad family situations, my teachers understand and have predicted me A*AA in maths, physics and chemistry respectivly. as they have known me for 7 years and know my abilities. i was wondering if i have any chance ? thanks soo much to who ever answers !!!!!!
Reply 111
Hi guys :smile: im appling to imperial, for mechanical engineering my AS grades were terrible, BBD and i also retook a year, the grades are mainly due to very bad family situations, my teachers understand and have predicted me A*AA in maths, physics and chemistry respectivly. as they have known me for 7 years and know my abilities. i was wondering if i have any chance ? thanks soo much to who ever answers !!!!!!
Original post by gandanmo

Providing that your predicted grades meet the standard entry requirement, it all boils down to extra things which differentiate you from the rest.
Reply 113
I looked on UCAS and it says entry requirement A*A*A (A* in Maths and Physics)
I mean, not even Cambridge requests that...-_- I have a feeling I'm gonna get a rejection

Does anyone else worry about how high this is???
does this mean that if I'm not predicted an A* in physics, but A* in maths and my other (DT) - A*AA* - I won't be looked at as I am "unacceptable"?

I'm just worried here :/
Reply 114
Original post by Nia_Beth
I looked on UCAS and it says entry requirement A*A*A (A* in Maths and Physics)
I mean, not even Cambridge requests that...-_- I have a feeling I'm gonna get a rejection

Does anyone else worry about how high this is???
does this mean that if I'm not predicted an A* in physics, but A* in maths and my other (DT) - A*AA* - I won't be looked at as I am "unacceptable"?

I'm just worried here :/

Hi mate, the requirements for mech eng at imperial are A*AA ! relax ! you should great !
Reply 115
Original post by gandanmo
Hi mate, the requirements for mech eng at imperial are A*AA ! relax ! you should great !

Thank you so much :smile: x
I'm not so worried now :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by Nia_Beth
Thank you so much :smile: x
I'm not so worried now :smile:

you shouldn't be ! your doing just fine ! if not better than most people :smile:
Reply 117
I'm doing the IB and applied to Mech Eng at Imperial, Oxford, UCL, Bristol and Manchester on the 14th of October. So far, I got offers from the last two and taken the test for Oxford (the PAT exam, which I didn't do terribly well on). I expect to be getting 7,6,6 at least in Maths, Physics and Chemistry HL. I don't think my supervisor would have sent off my application with anything less than that...

I will hear from Oxford by the end of the month. I get an interview if my PAT scores were sufficient (usually it's >50%), a rejection if I fail to meet the cut-off mark. If I do well at the interview, then the offer will probably be of 38 in total with 7,7,6 in HL subjects. Fingers crossed then...

Offers from Bristol and Manchester came in just this week and their requirements match what it says on their websites :smile:

My question is: Does anybody have an idea when to expect offers or have already received offers from Imperial and UCL for Engineering? Do these universities interview? I don't particularly enjoy being left in the dark on topics that sort of decide what I can do with my future. The IB is enough to be stressed out about tbh, I'm sure it's the same for A-levels :biggrin:

Quick Reply