The Student Room Group

A-level Physics books

Hi, im looking for books containing basically only physics past quesitons and model answers.

Im currently in my A2 year for edexcel physics and i am using the nelson thornes books to learn from (published as 1 per module)
I also own a large text book called Advanced Physics by Steve Adams.

These are decent enough books but i need a physics book which contains basically loads of past or specimen questions and their model answers. I have a lto of past edexcel questions and access to official mark schemes in school, but unlike the edexcel mathamatics mark schemes these schemes are just a couple of words or points and not very helpfull to form proper model answers

Does anybody know of any such book?, the collins do brilliantly series are ok but only cover a small range of topics and give model answers for only a few types of questions, but the ones they do are very detailed and help to understand how the examiner wants the answer to be constructed.

I thank anyone in advance for their help and time.
Reply 1
Kabeer
Hi, im looking for books containing basically only physics past quesitons and model answers.

Im currently in my A2 year for edexcel physics and i am using the nelson thornes books to learn from (published as 1 per module)
I also own a large text book called Advanced Physics by Steve Adams.

These are decent enough books but i need a physics book which contains basically loads of past or specimen questions and their model answers. I have a lto of past edexcel questions and access to official mark schemes in school, but unlike the edexcel mathamatics mark schemes these schemes are just a couple of words or points and not very helpfull to form proper model answers

Does anybody know of any such book?, the collins do brilliantly series are ok but only cover a small range of topics and give model answers for only a few types of questions, but the ones they do are very detailed and help to understand how the examiner wants the answer to be constructed.

I thank anyone in advance for their help and time.

Go yto your library and theres some good old books with some good questions on it.

Try also A level questions for Physics book. Quite good.
Reply 2
thanks, cuold you give me more details on this a level questions for physics book, i did a quick google but could not find anything.
My dad's a physics teacher and he has this CD full of specimen and past exam questions since the early 1990s I think. Complete with mark schemes and examiner's report for most questions.

I forgot the name though. I know they had to pay for it.
Reply 4
errm..any details about it, is it expensive?
or only available to teachers.(the cd)
Reply 5
Kabeer
thanks, cuold you give me more details on this a level questions for physics book, i did a quick google but could not find anything.

1) Calculations for a level Physics

2) Examples and exercises for Advanced level Physics
Reply 6
Kabeer
errm..any details about it, is it expensive?
or only available to teachers.(the cd)

I've seen tehm before its like £100 per cd or something like that. Because it is like a liscence thing.
Reply 7
thanks for the book titles, ill check them out
Reply 8
ok iv checked out the Calculations for a level Physics book on amazon the reviews seem to indicate that this is the type of book that i am looking for,
my only question is that does this book just deal with walkthroughs of questions for the mathamatical side, or all types of physics questions? (ie gives answers for qualitative questions as well)
2776 do you know?
Reply 9
1) Calculations for a level Physics

2) Examples and exercises for Advanced level Physics

yes, both look good, i'm getting the former sent to me now and will order the latter soon as well. essential practice books
Reply 10
Kabeer
ok iv checked out the Calculations for a level Physics book on amazon the reviews seem to indicate that this is the type of book that i am looking for,
my only question is that does this book just deal with walkthroughs of questions for the mathamatical side, or all types of physics questions? (ie gives answers for qualitative questions as well)
2776 do you know?

The first book is more quantative things.

the second one deals a bit more on the qualitative side.
Reply 11
thanks 2776 for all your help :smile:
Reply 12
Kabeer
thanks 2776 for all your help :smile:

No probelm

Latest

Trending

Trending