The Student Room Group

When muslims do the right thing....(re:babar ahmad)

Mods, move the thread if necessary.

It seems in todays day and age, muslims are getting criticised for everything they do.

For example...
The thread I am quoting, is about the trial for babar ahmad. Most likely muslims signed about 75% of that petition to get that brother on trial. I'd say the 25% were non-muslims. In the thread, you can see that some people agreed with the OP - saying that muslims only look out for muslims.

As far as i can tell, an online petition is a safe and peaceful way of showing solidarity with this brother and is not violent in any way. When muslims do something peaceful why is it criticised?

But when a small minority representing muslim extremist blows something up, its like "OMG all mooslims must be bad!!".

Hypocrisy these days.
Reply 1
Your contradicting yourself, you suggest by the way you've said it , tjhat muslims are usually bad hence you wrote along the lines:muslims are doing something good for once. Then you say how people generalise when a minority of muslims does something bad.

And well yh they are just signing it because he's muslim, not exactly a pure and selfless act is it?
(edited 12 years ago)
People don't hate Muslims for that reason. In fact, most people don't hate muslims at all. It's Islam itself that is detestable and muslims are victims of their own religion.
Isn't this petition just for him to be put on trial here rather than in America?
Reply 4
Original post by ak137
Hypocrisy these days.

You come as strangers to a foreign land.

You form communities that are separate and openly reject the native culture by refusing to socially and culturally integrate.

Your community then pursues political agendas that are shaded by membership of said community. Barbar Ahmad is not a person, it is a symbol of radical Islam being legally suppressed in England.

You then come onto the UKs biggest student forum and wonder why you are met by stony faces all round?

The entire case shows Muslims have not integrated in any sense or fashion. Every signature is another name that hasn't integrated because that person identifies with a Muslim before with the rest of society - otherwise why is there such a disproportionate Muslim presence on the list?

You claim it is doing the right thing. The right thing is to condemn extremists not try to get them released from jail because they share the same foreign religion as you.

This man is a criminal that is wanted to face trial because he is at war with the English nation and our allies in America. By providing him with political support on forums like this, you are coming dangerously close to choosing a side as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Muslims can never win these days eh.
Reply 6
White British people have always had hatred for ethnic minorities in this country. They hated the Blacks when they first arrived in this country, then it was the Asians and now muslims are being treated the same way. British people see us minorities as a threat to their country, that's always going to be the case because we're different to them. That is why muslims at present are being treated the way they are.
Original post by ajtiesto
White British people have always had hatred for ethnic minorities in this country. They hated the Blacks when they first arrived in this country, then it was the Asians and now muslims are being treated the same way. British people see us minorities as a threat to their country, that's always going to be the case because we're different to them. That is why muslims at present are being treated the way they are.

Actually white british people are incredibly accepting of foreigners as long as you accept their own culture. I came here a religious person, and as such I couldn't integrate at all because religion opposes any change at all. I'm an atheist now and I have no complaints about rejection, racism or any type of prejudice at all in this country.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by RyanT
You come as strangers to a foreign land.

You form communities that are separate and openly reject the native culture by refusing to socially and culturally integrate.

Your community then pursues political agendas that are shaded by membership of said community. Barbar Ahmad is not a person, it is a symbol of radical Islam being legally suppressed in England.

You then come onto the UKs biggest student forum and wonder why you are met by stony faces all round?

The entire case shows Muslims have not integrated in any sense or fashion. Every signature is another name that hasn't integrated because that person identifies with a Muslim before with the rest of society - otherwise why is there such a disproportionate Muslim presence on the list?

You claim it is doing the right thing. The right thing is to condemn extremists not try to get them released from jail because they share the same foreign religion as you.

This man is a criminal that is wanted to face trial because he is at war with the English nation and our allies in America. By providing him with political support on forums like this, you are coming dangerously close to choosing a side as well.

Great post. It should be muslims who are striving to integrate and accept British culture, not the other way round.
Original post by ajtiesto

If it's that bad you could always try somewhere else...
Reply 10
Yep. I can see no reason why anyone would object to them petitioning for the release of a terrorist :rolleyes:

As I said in the other thread, these people are dreadul hypocrites. There are ready to condemn people who have been proved innocent, ready to condemn those who criticise Islam and ready to condemn those that ask them to intergrate. And yet they make this claim that this Babar is surely innocent, despite the evidence against him, and if you disagree then you are an 'Islamaphobe!'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending