Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Meteorology / Climate Science Applicants Thread :D 2012 entry (2013 deferred entry)

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allybear)
    I really should keep paying more attention to this, i miss out on a fair bit when i don't!
    Hahaha, I was like that, now I'm on here daily to see if people update anything.

Anyway, Leeds (Masters) is going to be my firm and Reading (Masters) my insurance (this is if both interviews go to plan of course!)
    What's everyone else putting as their firm and insurance, also, what days are people visiting reading and leeds?
    I'm the same as you with choices but i had my interview with leeds last october, was amazing The interviewer (think i had steven dobbie) was really nice and they make you feel really at home and welcome.
    For Reading i'm going for the second open day, early february from memory. how about you?
    Do you have faceboook? If so add me http://www.facebook.com/ThomasOrton94

Cheers Tom
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oo already had Leeds interview!! What did they ask you?! I'm so nervous about that one! And I'm going to the one at reading at the start of February too I'll add you on Facebook now, although I shan't be on there too much over the examination period
    Regards
    Alice
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oo already had Leeds interview!! What did they ask you?!
    They just want to know if your motivated and you didnt lie in your personal statement, and have a bit of a chat with them about meteorology theyre not trying to trip you up or pressure you, they just want to know if your the right person for the course.

And yeah, me too. got 5 exams :/
    Tom x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i've booked onto all the visit days now, dont think I'll be on the same one as anyone here though by the looks of things? 18th Feb (UEA), 2nd March (Reading) and 14th March (Leeds)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd get this thread going again by asking:

How did everyone find the January exams??
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a mature student (well...relatively mature at 23) and have an offer to study the BSc met and climate degree. Look forward to seeing those of you on my course in October if all goes well

To all those that are lucky enough to get an MMet offer, you'll love it. I'm doing an Access To He course so I don't meet the desired academic criteria to have the chance at interview, but I have experienced tornado chasing across the plains in the US and it's amazing. Based at Oklahoma Uni in your 3rd year you'll get to experience some incredible weather throughout the year (including a decent snow fall !).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If anybody has any questions about the first year (and the second) of Geophysics and Meteorology at The University of Edinburgh I'm happy to have a go at answering them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeismicHazard)
    If anybody has any questions about the first year (and the second) of Geophysics and Meteorology at The University of Edinburgh I'm happy to have a go at answering them.
    How long did it take for you to get an offer? I applied in November and have offers from all my other choices, bar Edinborough...
    Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Any idea when we will hear back from reading after being interviewed for the MMet course? :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Any idea when we will hear back from reading after being interviewed for the MMet course? :/
    Yeah, they said today that it won't be until about 2 weeks after the final interview day which means something like mid march
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBLOBlizard)
    How long did it take for you to get an offer? I applied in November and have offers from all my other choices, bar Edinborough...
    Thanks
    I got mine in February, applied in November too. The way they seem to do it is a bit strange, a friend of mine sent off his application to the course a couple of days after me and heard back a month before me. Wouldn't worry about it too much.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got mine in February, applied in November too. The way they seem to do it is a bit strange, a friend of mine sent off his application to the course a couple of days after me and heard back a month before me. Wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Ok thanks, hope it won't be too long then...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBLOBlizard)
    Ok thanks, hope it won't be too long then...
    They seem to be pretty slow this year, only people who seem to have heard back are the ones who have been rejected. A good sign for you perhaps.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They seem to be pretty slow this year, only people who seem to have heard back are the ones who have been rejected. A good sign for you perhaps.
    Maybe, it's not gonna be my firm but I'd rather they get back to me fairly soon so I can start to weigh up my insurance options :P I'm eager to get on to the next stage :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Mid march will be when we here no way! That is so long away, I just want an offer or rejection now! The interview was horrid and I just want to be put out my misery so I can decide what to do!
    BRING ON A REJECTION!
    Alice x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hear*
    As if I spelt that wrong, at this rate I'll be surprised if I get to uni :')
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hear*
    As if I spelt that wrong, at this rate I'll be surprised if I get to uni :')
    You'll still get an offer for the 3 year course. Chin up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey, was wondering if anyone has made any decisions with regards to their firm and insurance choices
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samuellanky)
    hey, was wondering if anyone has made any decisions with regards to their firm and insurance choices
    Hey Sam, na I haven't yet mate. I think we get until may to do it though. Going to make them wait and sweat it out after my awful reading interview
    Have you?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samuellanky)
    Hi,
    I've firmed Leeds and insured Reading (these are the BSc courses)

have you?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.