The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well my conclusion is going to be no. with a bit more added obviously. thanks for the book titles!
Reply 21
No problem :smile:

Ahh, but they still did legendary things... my favourite being 'no votes, no golf' after burning the grass on the golf courts... hahaha.
Reply 22
I haven't finished it and the second draft is due in on thursday. Damn TSR!!!!
Reply 23
They stop reading at 3000 apparently...
Reply 24
''To what extent was the Bolshevik seizure of power in October 1917 merely a Coup D'Etat?''...
Reply 25
pezz
is there a strict 3000 word limit or can we go like 1-200 words above? Mine is like over 4000 words atm!

Ive only just gone past 1,600........:eek:
Reply 26
Got first draft Chapter 2 back..pretty good feedback, just need to footnote..whatever that means lol! Don't worry Clarence..mine's only 2300 :p: :wink: xx
Reply 27
My first draft is due tommorow. I've barely got 1000 words!
I did my first draft just before xmas, but am at the mo at about twice the word count; i see large amount of footnotes and editing coming my way! Plus i think i will have to type one of my sources into my appendicies... i make detailed reference to it and the examiner will be lost without it!

Ah, damm the acte econtiaf....
Reply 29
Sounds good.

Its much harder than it looks
Reply 30
I still haven’t come up with a title…Emperor Charles V is my topic, and I’m completely stumped by it.
Reply 31
But have you written anything?

The title can be sorted later.
Reply 32
"To what extent was the fall of the Tsarist regime due to the actions and character of Nicholas II"

I got my title back from the moderator today and he had commented on changes to most my class, where as all he said about mine was that I needed to put a date on, so I think he was pleased with mine which maybe a good indication. I think the dates will be 1894(When Nick became Tsar) - 1917(When he was overthrown). The moderator said not to do more than 50 years where as mine is 23 anyway.
Do something that is in an exams boards criteria so at least you will have a couple of decent, not too mind numbing books etc to quote from - I did my Edexcel timed c/w piece on the English Civil War which was good but my mate was doing it on the role of women in South Africa which as you can imagine had zilch! Luckily her mum is an anthropology prof so she squeezed past that hurdle but don't try this at home! Also for peeps doing this crappy A2 stressful timed c/w a good idea is to colour code your plan with your sources and bibliography which saves an awful lot of trouble trying to show where each bit of info came from! I was the only one in my class to do so - got the highest internal mod mark and the only one to get A in the c/w module!
Reply 34
"To what extent was Stalin the 'heir' of Lenin?"
Reply 35
"To what extent were Gladstone's Irish reforms, 1868-'74, misguided and inadequate?"
Reply 36
I see nobody else has been foolish enough to choose something from the Elizabethan period?

Well, it was forced upon me anyway!!
My first draft was 150,000 words. I went just a little bit overboard with the reading... but I enjoyed doing it! :biggrin: A little and often is the key, don't leave it all until the last minute!
Reply 38
FadeToBlackout
My first draft was 150,000 words. I went just a little bit overboard with the reading... but I enjoyed doing it! :biggrin: A little and often is the key, don't leave it all until the last minute!

HOW many words?!?
Reply 39
FadeToBlackout

150,000? That would make a pretty hefty book, considering that the entire Bible is a shade under 800,000 words!

Latest

Trending

Trending