The Student Room Group

Am I the only one to dislike Ed Sheeran?

I just don't like his music.

Scroll to see replies

No
Reply 2
Ed Sheeran is highly overrated and distinctly average. I wouldn't say I dislike his music though.
Yes he is amazing
Jumped on the bandwagon very late with old Ed.

Lego House is very quickly becoming my favourite song.
Can't stand his music just doesn't appeal to me.
Reply 6
Never heard of him, never listened to his music.
On this site it's rarer to find the opposite.
Reply 8
I'm not a massive fan of his music, although I haven't listened to that much of it. He seems like a really nice, down to earth guy though!
Reply 9
Not sure why there's so much hate for him on this forum. I think bands that everyone says I should listen to like The Flaming Lips, Of Montreal, Architecture in Helsinki and Arcade Fire are more pretentious and dire.
Reply 10
i like the guy.
Yeah people go on about him, but there's no reason to dislike specifically
Reply 12
You're not the only one but I think he's amazing! The production on the stuff he's released as records isn't that good though ... check out the acoustic versions on Youtube
Reply 13
Original post by Greeny442
Jumped on the bandwagon very late with old Ed.

Lego House is very quickly becoming my favourite song.

I love that song, and the video for Lego House was filmed at my university a couple of weeks ago :biggrin:
His music makes me feel annoyed. I think it's because he's ginger, for some reason.
Original post by Dagnabbit
Not sure why there's so much hate for him on this forum. I think bands that everyone says I should listen to like The Flaming Lips, Of Montreal, Architecture in Helsinki and Arcade Fire are more pretentious and dire.

i think ed sheeran is one of those fad artists, that, six months down the line, people will regret even listening to. the people i know of that like him are the kinds of people that ripped it out of me for what i liked and wore when i was at school, and now are wearing the same things themselves; i.e. the whole penny loafer and peter pan collar dress brigade. chindies, if you know what i mean, so those kind of obvious bandwagon artists don't really interest me at all.

in my experience, the people i've known that are into the arcade fire seem to be these pseudo-virtuosos in all things musical, but i wouldn't say at all that the flaming lips were pretentious, unless you're talking about pseudo-obscure alternative music in general in which case we could just sit here and bash the "indie kids" and "hipsters" all day....
Original post by emmawilkins
bandwagon artists

Yeah, I don't dislike him as such, i should have said 'not like'. But the above is a bit annoying as well...
Original post by KJane
I love that song, and the video for Lego House was filmed at my university a couple of weeks ago :biggrin:

I go to Hertfordshire too! I was quite excited when I saw 'The Forum' sign in the background :P
Reply 18
While I don't actively dislike him or his music I think his album is very average and I can't say I'm a fan at all.
Reply 19
Original post by Greeny442
I go to Hertfordshire too! I was quite excited when I saw 'The Forum' sign in the background :P

I was so excited, and my flatmates practically spammed my facebook wall with the video. :rolleyes: What you studying? I'm doing English Lit, Creative writing and Philosophy. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest