The Student Room Group

Interview at Medway School of Pharmacy next Saturday. What shall I do to prepare?

Hi
I have been called to an interview to Medway School of Pharmacy on Saturday 12th November 2011. So far, after researching people before me, I have an idea of what they are going to ask me such as:
1) Why Pharmacy?
2) Qualities needed by a Pharmacist
3) Why Kent?
4) Work Experience, if any

I have some solid answers regarding what I can answer, but are there any other questions that they can possibly answer?

Thanks
Reply 1
iv got an interview on the same day!!

it said they might as some math questions (im terms of units of measurements e.g ml, l etc.)
I have it too!!...But it didn't mention anything about the type of questions?!

Good Luck peeps :smile:
Hey i have an interview tomorrow just wondering what sort of questions you guys were asked and if there was any maths involved thanksss :biggrin:
Reply 4
same got mine tomorrow.. no idea what to say/ask
Reply 5
Hey guys
the interview was quite easy to be honest, and i got an offer a few days later
what they asked me was
- tell me a bit about yourself
- why pharmacy
- why medway
- skills needed by a pharmacist
- 3 maths questions (if you get it wrong, then they help you to get it right. i got one wrong and then he let me have 2 more chances and then i got it right)
- and questions you want to ask them
it's not that long either to be honest, mine was literally 10 mins MAX

:smile:
Reply 6
I had an interview with medway and these are the questions they asked me:
-Tell a bit about yourself (hobbies, charity work)
-Why pharmacy
-Why medway
-Work experience
-4 Maths questions such as
1. 9.85/100 in decimals
2. 4/5
3. 0.65g in mg
4. A patient comes with a prescription and it says on it that the patient has to take 3 tablets in the morning and in the evening for 12 days. How many tablets in total?
-Any skills you've got that are essential for a pharmacist to have
-Any skills you want to improve or develop
-Any questions you want to ask
Was it informal? I have a telephone interview soon as I'm an international applicant.

How long did it last for?
Reply 8
I've done the interview and now got a conditional offer of ABB. The interview is pretty informal. There's nothing difficult about. The maths questions werent hard and the questions they ask you arent horrific. It's more of a chat than anything. Good luck
Did they ask anything else ?

About chemistry or biology?
Original post by rhaq101
Hey guys
the interview was quite easy to be honest, and i got an offer a few days later
what they asked me was
- tell me a bit about yourself
- why pharmacy
- why medway
- skills needed by a pharmacist
- 3 maths questions (if you get it wrong, then they help you to get it right. i got one wrong and then he let me have 2 more chances and then i got it right)
- and questions you want to ask them
it's not that long either to be honest, mine was literally 10 mins MAX

:smile:

Thank you for this, this will aid the following students.

It is a completely informal process. We just want to get to know you as a person to see if you are suitable for the course.

Congratulations on your offer, if you have any further questions please get in contact with me!
Original post by fairytales_999
Was it informal? I have a telephone interview soon as I'm an international applicant.

How long did it last for?

It is a completely informal process. It is more of a chat than an Interview.

Please, if you have any questions, get in contact with me. Good luck!!
Original post by sam_23
I've done the interview and now got a conditional offer of ABB. The interview is pretty informal. There's nothing difficult about. The maths questions werent hard and the questions they ask you arent horrific. It's more of a chat than anything. Good luck

Congratulations on your offer! If you have any questions about the course, please send me a message!

We hope to see you in September!
Original post by Marta2
I had an interview with medway and these are the questions they asked me:
-Tell a bit about yourself (hobbies, charity work)
-Why pharmacy
-Why medway
-Work experience
-4 Maths questions such as
1. 9.85/100 in decimals
2. 4/5
3. 0.65g in mg
4. A patient comes with a prescription and it says on it that the patient has to take 3 tablets in the morning and in the evening for 12 days. How many tablets in total?
-Any skills you've got that are essential for a pharmacist to have
-Any skills you want to improve or develop
-Any questions you want to ask

Please note that these maths questions differ per person, per year.

I hope your interview went well!
Original post by simonarocks
Did they ask anything else ?

About chemistry or biology?

Hi,

If you have any questions about our MPharm course, please contact me!
Hi,
I have an interview the following Saturday and was wondering what type of questions I should be expecting since it does change per year. And lastly what sort of maths questions should I expect to be asked of me?

Regards
Original post by Mohammed1995
Hi,
I have an interview the following Saturday and was wondering what type of questions I should be expecting since it does change per year. And lastly what sort of maths questions should I expect to be asked of me?

Regards

Good morning,

With regards to the interview questions, they are very informal.
We are just trying to see your personality, and if you a fit to become a pharmacy student. This should last approximately 15 minutes.

Your test questions will be both Values Based and numeracy based.

Values based questions are defined as:

"The aim of selecting the correct students “on the basis that their individual values and behaviours align with the values of the NHS Constitution” (Health Education England, 2014)These values show:

Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity.

Commitment to quality of care and patient safety.

The ability to work in varied work environments.

The ability to work within a team.

Commitment to improving lives.

For further information, please refer to the Values Based Recruitment Framework and NHS Constitution"

The maths questions are basic maths. If you have the correct GSCE requirement you should do just fine.This is all the information we can give you.

The best of luck!!

Sammi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending