The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This society is perfect for me!

Seriously, my attention span is so bad that when I was a kid my parents took me to BUPA to have my ears checked because they genuinely thought I was partially deaf; they didn't realise I simply wasn't ever listening to anything they said.

It's still an issue and I'm 20 now, makes lectures really difficult :redface:
Recently I have been daydreaming of what I will buy when I get my student finance at the end of this month. I've been living away at Uni since September and now moving back home after I finish this year so I have money to spend, finally! :colone:
Reply 42
I spend an inordinate amount of class time day dreaming. But I sneakily record everything, so I can listen back when I'm actually paying attention. :smile:
Why have I never seen this society before? :colonhash:

I literally zone out and daydream all the time.
Reply 44
Daydreaming is my favourite pastime :smile:

And I daydream about some of the strangest things too, like being a professional wrestler :lol:
Reply 45
Original post by zedbrar
Why have I never seen this society before? :colonhash:

I literally zone out and daydream all the time.

Original post by usycool1
Daydreaming is my favourite pastime :smile:

And I daydream about some of the strangest things too, like being a professional wrestler :lol:
Welcome, guys! :h: Got any daydreaming stories to share with us all? :daydreaming:
Reply 46
Ooo I am SO joining! :biggrin: :h: :hi:
I daydream regularly that I want to wear a big yellow smiley-face mask and then put on the cd version of bobby mcferrin’s ‘don’t worry, be happy’ and then take a girl and a dog - a collie, a chow, a sharpei, it doesn’t really matter - and then hook up this transfusion pump, this iv set, and switch their blood, you know, pump the dog’s blood into the hardbody and vice versa, did I ever tell you this?
(edited 11 years ago)
I daydream quite a bit. I missed my bus stop once because I was too busy daydreaming.
My daydreams are intense, especially when I'm in optimal health.

They began when I was slightly younger, around secondary school age and were just innocent and simple daydreams when travelling on the bus or tube and I would daydream about people I liked from school and really, they were mostly intense love/sexual type of daydreams.

(Also regarding the above short paragraph, I have to admit that I've only really ever 'fallen in love' in those daydreams and not in real life. But my needs seem to have been different back then as I no longer have such fantasies/daydreams any more.)

This continued throughout secondary school (they were frequent and continuous because most the things I was daydreaming about were frowned upon in the real world etc). During A-Levels, I barely had many daydreams - maybe a limited few about getting into Oxford, but nothing too amazing.

But, it was this year in uni that was really different - when the daydreams and fantasies left the love/sexual themes and started to increase in vividness and intensity and most of all became epic. I was now daydreaming about myself being taller, better, stonger and more intelligent. They further evolved into me daydreaming about lots of wild and grand things - from me becoming a world-renowned genius, to me being a superior human landing on Earth, having come from another dimension, to being Prime Minister, autodidactic super-genius, super-Etonian, going through a rapid next stage of evolution, being superior to everybody else, being a lost member of an ancient human race falling to Earth with amnesia, travelling alternate dimensions, reversed history (e.g. a dominant Africa etc), super-warrior in ancient times, being an ultra-famous celebrity, being so clever and super that I'm labelled by some as a 'Saviour' or alternatively, 'The AntiChrist', being an amateur superman, having enhanced human abilities, having a long-lost recessive gene which sees me having amplified human characteristics, therefore making me mentally and physically superior, being so clever and of genius-intellect that technological advancement is made even more rapid therefore seeing mankind plunge out into space much more quickly than could have occurred without me etc etc.

I plan to have another intense daydream today, possibly something about a hegemonising inter-dimensional state taking over each alternate dimensional Earths etc.

The funny thing is, I barely daydream realistically about my own personal future in real life - it's almost as if it's not needed. I'm doing quite well in uni (averaging 1sts and 2:1s) and I'm quite confident in my plans for a future career. Rather, the daydreams are of unrealistic quality and ideas - hence why they're all the more enticing. And it doesn't help that I'm not tall (in daydreams, my mean ideal height is 6 foot 7 with the heights increasing depending on the daydream, but I'm never shorter that 6'7) - in real life, I'm around 5'7/8 and probably won't grow to my imagined ideal height.

Some suffer from delusions of grandeur, but I keep such delusions in the confines of daydreaming and my friends would never even guess that me, a sane and logical maths student gets up to in his head. I believe such crazy daydreams actually help keep my sane in real waking life.

P.S. Notice, how I say 'real waking life' as the daydreams and whatnot are so intense, that sometimes I have mild difficulty separating the boundaries between reality and fantasy.

Anyway, I hope you understand my post if you're reading, as I've just typed it quickly on the spur of the moment with manic emotions swirling around.

P.P.S It must also be said that I don't daydream in meetings or lectures or anything like that. Daydreams are normally confined to times of personal space such as when in the shower or in my bedroom lying on my bed. They don't interfere when I'm having conversations or whatever.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
Come on guys, we need to keep this thread active! :rolleyes:

Had to get a train somewhere today, and guess what that meant... DAYDREAMING! :biggrin:
Oh haiii. Did someone say daydreaming? I am a pro at that.
Reply 52
Original post by StartSomething
Oh haiii. Did someone say daydreaming? I am a pro at that.

Awesomeness! :five:
Reply 53
Today I daydreamed whilst driving right through a speed camera. I've been racking my brains trying to remember whether I slowed down or not, I guess I'll have to wait and see!
Original post by biffyclyro27
Today I daydreamed whilst driving right through a speed camera. I've been racking my brains trying to remember whether I slowed down or not, I guess I'll have to wait and see!

Oh dearrrr! Not good!
I have done that quite a few times! I have never been caught out though... yet.
Original post by Spectrum~
This sounds awesome! Ever thought about writing it down into a story or is it too much of a random daydream :biggrin:

Yeah I have actually! I've got a few ideas for books and i'm in the midle of writing a fantasy novel :biggrin:
Had an odd daydream today, could walk through walls and got up to all sorts of bank related mischief, but then slipped and floated through the earth and off into space.
Reply 58
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Had an odd daydream today, could walk through walls and got up to all sorts of bank related mischief, but then slipped and floated through the earth and off into space.

Yayyy, welcome! Sounds interesting :smile:

I've lately been daydreaming about the next part of the latest series of Doctor Who (and the 50th anniversary, of course). Hoping they'll be :awesome:
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Yayyy, welcome! Sounds interesting :smile:

I've lately been daydreaming about the next part of the latest series of Doctor Who (and the 50th anniversary, of course). Hoping they'll be :awesome:

I love daydreaming about films and books :h:

Sometimes I imagine what's going to happen, and sometimes I imagine what would happen if I replaced a character or something :colondollar:

Latest