The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4100
Original post by jerseymackem
I've just been made Godfather for my cousin! I made them an offer they couldn't refuse...

cool! I read that and couldn't quite decide who my godparents are :redface:

may i ask what your offer was...?

I secretly quite like Lord of the Dance:redface: :biggrin:
Original post by rac1

:ahee: :yep: :five:
Reply 4102
Prayers would be very much appreciated right now :erm:
Original post by Aula

Of course. Inbox is open to you should you ever wanna talk to someone :jumphug:
Original post by rac1
cool! I read that and couldn't quite decide who my godparents are :redface:

may i ask what your offer was...?

lol it was a joke, they just asked me and I said yes :biggrin:
Original post by rac1
cool!

My dad knew the writer of 'Lord of the Dance', Sydney Carter, from church connections when he was young.
Reply 4106
We once sang Lord of the Dance at a wedding where they'd made a slightly unfortunate spelling error...
Apparently Jesus danced on the Sabbath and he cursed the lame.
:teehee:
Hi everyone, in Rome so I'll not be too long.

A bit of sad news to share. My Uncle Gerard died earlier this morning in the hospice at the age of 55. Thanks to everyone for their prayers for him and the rest of the family over the last few weeks.

Take care and God Bless

Matthew
Reply 4109
its the pope's birthday today:smile:
http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=14013

Original post by Aula

I will say the Rosary properly for the first time tonight!

Original post by jerseymackem
lol it was a joke, they just asked me and I said yes :biggrin:

:colondollar:

Original post by barnetlad
My dad knew the writer of 'Lord of the Dance', Sydney Carter, from church connections when he was young.

ooh!:smile:

Original post by Aula
We once sang Lord of the Dance at a wedding where they'd made a slightly unfortunate spelling error...
Apparently Jesus danced on the Sabbath and he cursed the lame.

woops!

Original post by Matthew_Lowson

A bit of sad news to share. My Uncle Gerard died earlier this morning in the hospice at the age of 55. Thanks to everyone for their prayers for him and the rest of the family over the last few weeks.

Take care and God Bless

Matthew

that is sad hope you are feeling as okay as reasonably......... yeah i don't know what to say:frown:

Take care and God Bless

Matthew

Really sorry to hear that but if he was in a hospice then one hopes he would have not been in too much pain and would have been comfortable. Prayers for you and your family at this difficult time :console:
Well as Gerard's sister put it - he'd be asking us all "What are you lot crying for?"

The Hospice has been wonderful, truly professional and caring. He was asked if he wanted anything in the world what would it be. Gerard being Gerard asked for the chance to watch Sheffield Wednesday and they arranged for him to watch them two weeks ago. If I can be anything remotely as brave as he has been over the last ten months then I think I'll be okay in life.

Thanks for all the prayers, off to the Papal Audience tomorrow
Well as Gerard's sister put it - he'd be asking us all "What are you lot crying for?"

The Hospice has been wonderful, truly professional and caring. He was asked if he wanted anything in the world what would it be. Gerard being Gerard asked for the chance to watch Sheffield Wednesday and they arranged for him to watch them two weeks ago. If I can be anything remotely as brave as he has been over the last ten months then I think I'll be okay in life.

He sounds like an incredible man :yes:

Papal Audience! :gah: Jealous! :biggrin:
Reply 4113

:mmm:
There is so much truth in this.
:rofl:

Repped :cool:
I'll just drop in to post the male version :teehee:

:gah:
Reply 4116

He sounds like a really great person:smile:

Hope the Papal Audience was good!

Original post by Aula

:mmm:
There is so much truth in this.

Which just shows how universal the CC is!
I don't say 90% of those things but I think them! My catechism still hasn't come yet:frown: so I can't lose it!

Thanks!

Original post by adamrules247
I'll just drop in to post the male version :teehee:

:gah:

Thanks I tried to find it!:biggrin:
I say quite a few of those things that the girls say :colondollar:
Reply 4118
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I say quite a few of those things that the girls say :colondollar:

its just the only other Catholic person I have day to day week to week contact with is my mum:frown: sooo glad this thread exists!:biggrin:

UPDATE: YOUCAT came today love to read the whole thing. Two tiny little christians criticisms though Pope Benedict says in the foreword part of which is printed on the inside cover that 'It [this book] will not make your life easy' and it's like oh that is encouraging:eek: obviously I don't expect a book to make my life easy! I also wish it was a bit less expensive:redface:

rant over!
I was reading Belloc and I stumbled across this gem. Thought this group might appreciate it. :smile:

Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There’s always laughter and good red wine.
At least I’ve always found it so.
Benedicamus Domino!

I'm not Catholic but who in his right mind can deny the brilliance of Chesterbelloc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending