Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Catholic Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernaaaaaaaa)
    Oh great I think it's £60 and you need accommodation too.
    Yeah, I know. £55 if you send a cheque by post though, and that includes a pitch for your tent or a space in the big tent. I did put in my request for the time off when there would still have been time to get the early bird though :sad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Yeah, I know. £55 if you send a cheque by post though, and that includes a pitch for your tent or a space in the big tent. I did put in my request for the time off when there would still have been time to get the early bird though :sad:
    Oh right! Didn't realise it was a bit cheaper I've never camped and don't really want to! Hahahahaha...
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4818.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	544.2 KB 
ID:	146118

Hey everyone! I posted this in the X Soc but for those of you who are not part of that thread: here is a picture of me graduating from Oxford University yesterday! I wanted to share it with you guys because you have been so supportive and wonderful with your promises of prayers, etc. I really appreciate all that you guys have done for me.

The red rose in my hair is in honour of St Therese of Lisieux. I got told off for wearing it but was very proud to have it prominently on display :cool:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

Hey everyone! I posted this in the X Soc but for those of you who are not part of that thread: here is a picture of me graduating from Oxford University yesterday! I wanted to share it with you guys because you have been so supportive and wonderful with your promises of prayers, etc. I really appreciate all that you guys have done for me.

The red rose in my hair is in honour of St Therese of Lisieux. I got told off for wearing it but was very proud to have it prominently on display :cool:
    :woo: Congratulations! You look lovely, can't believe they got their knickers in a twist about a flower!:rolleyes:
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rac1)
    :woo: Congratulations! You look lovely, can't believe they got their knickers in a twist about a flower!:rolleyes:
    Thank you! The telling off was right before my final bow to the Vice Chancellor as well! Bit late in the day to start telling me off then, lol

How are you doing?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

Thumbs up for wearing a Rosary
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jhyzone)
    Thumbs up for wearing a Rosary
    Thank you! The silver bracelet around my wrist is also a rosary, from Fatima. The brown rosary around my neck is from San Marco's Basilica in Venice
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! The silver bracelet around my wrist is also a rosary, from Fatima. The brown rosary around my neck is from San Marco's Basilica in Venice
    Though remember not to wear a Rosary as a 'fashion' item. It is a sacred object and must be kept in the pocket so to say to keep 'praying with Mary' throughout the day
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    Though remember not to wear a Rosary as a 'fashion' item. It is a sacred object and must be kept in the pocket so to say to keep 'praying with Mary' throughout the day
    Of course :yes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here do religious or philosophical-based subjects?
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not me, I'm afraid :nah:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who study Philosophy at St Mary's, Twickenham, first year. He's not on TSR though. He's so passionate about Philosophy and Ethics he got 100% on all his modules for his A levels :O
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who study Philosophy at St Mary's, Twickenham, first year. He's not on TSR though. He's so passionate about Philosophy and Ethics he got 100% on all his modules for his A levels :O
    Not me, I'm afraid :nah:
    Oh just wondered... I'm going to St. Mary's, Twickenham (hopefully) in September and doing Theology (but it's more Religious Studies) at A-Level now.

Getting 100% on the modules is extremely hard and says something about enthusiasm and dedication!
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh just wondered... I'm going to St. Mary's, Twickenham (hopefully) in September and doing Theology (but it's more Religious Studies) at A-Level now.

Getting 100% on the modules is extremely hard and says something about enthusiasm and dedication!
    Will def pray that you make your grades! It's meant to be a lovely campus and I'm sure it's an all-round lovely place too. My ex-tutor's husband is one of the Theology tutors there :ninja:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing RS A-Level with AQA, we're focussing on the ontological argument, the problem of evil and life, death and beyond if that helps
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will def pray that you make your grades! It's meant to be a lovely campus and I'm sure it's an all-round lovely place too. My ex-tutor's husband is one of the Theology tutors there :ninja:
    Oh wow! Thanks Yeh, I should be fine in making the grades, but hey, we can never be too sure hahahahahaha

Yes after visiting the campus, it definitely feels really homely and pretty, like a mini-Nottingham campus... trees and grass everywhere Like a little village.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerseymackem)
    I'm doing RS A-Level with AQA, we're focussing on the ontological argument, the problem of evil and life, death and beyond if that helps
    Oh yeh, AS-level? We did all that last year If you need any help, just ask - I'll see if I can remember... But I'm better at Ethics if I'm honest :P
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! Thanks Yeh, I should be fine in making the grades, but hey, we can never be too sure hahahahahaha

Yes after visiting the campus, it definitely feels really homely and pretty, like a mini-Nottingham campus... trees and grass everywhere Like a little village.
    Oooh, sounds very nice! Tiz funny: it's one of my local unis (my school is a feeder school for that uni. Not sure officially but certainly in practice ) but I've never visited it :nah:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh, AS-level? We did all that last year If you need any help, just ask - I'll see if I can remember... But I'm better at Ethics if I'm honest :P
    No, I'm doing A2 lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question to fellow Catholics...have you ever felt like God was not real/started losing faith?

How did you solve this?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2014
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.