The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hi! Welcome to Cath Soc :hi: Will certainly be praying for you! If you have any questions, I'd be happy to have a go at answering (disclaimer: I am not the world's best Catholic. Or even anywhere close :tongue: ) :h:

Thank you! :smile: Will certainly ask if anything comes to mind. Just working my way through the YOUCAT at the moment and going along to mass at my parish church. But haven't had the nerve to speak to anyone yet :K:
Original post by Pandas&Penguins
Thank you! :smile: Will certainly ask if anything comes to mind. Just working my way through the YOUCAT at the moment and going along to mass at my parish church. But haven't had the nerve to speak to anyone yet :K:

I don't have a copy of YOUCAT but the bits I've read of it online are pretty inspiring :h: Don't worry too much - speaking to people can sometimes be a it daunting! Def something to work towards though. Does your local parish church have any social type things where introducing yourself might feel easier? :smile:
I don't have a copy of YOUCAT but the bits I've read of it online are pretty inspiring :h: Don't worry too much - speaking to people can sometimes be a it daunting! Def something to work towards though. Does your local parish church have any social type things where introducing yourself might feel easier? :smile:

I would definitely recommend it! So accessible and inspirational. Unfortunately there isn't, I was hoping they would have some sort of youth section. :s-smilie:
I would definitely recommend it! So accessible and inspirational. Unfortunately there isn't, I was hoping they would have some sort of youth section. :s-smilie:

Oh no! That's a real shame that they don't have a youth group :frown: Do they at least do coffee mornings or anything like that?
Hi, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm not Catholic, but I am looking to convert and would appreciate your prayers whilst I am trying to figure things out and making some difficult decisions. :smile:

Hi Pandas! You're in my prayers tonight :smile:

Yes to the Lourdes Hymn. I love Full in the Panting Heart of Rome too, and Bring Flowers of the Rarest. I'm a teacher- I love teaching hymns :biggrin:
Oh no! That's a real shame that they don't have a youth group :frown: Do they at least do coffee mornings or anything like that?

Yes, I think they do, might have to try and work up the courage to go. I know its silly to be a bit scared because I'm sure everyone would be really nice, its just I'm quite shy :s
Original post by peony flowers
Hi Pandas! You're in my prayers tonight :smile:

Thank you Peony :smile:
Yes, I think they do, might have to try and work up the courage to go. I know its silly to be a bit scared because I'm sure everyone would be really nice, its just I'm quite shy :s

Not silly at all. It can be really nervewracking having to try and introduce yourself to people! Just remember the Holy Spirit will guide and be with you :h:
Reply 7048
YOUCAT is awesome, so you should definitely get a copy TLG.

Welcome to the newbies :awesome:

My friends are in the Holy Land on the Westminster Youth Pilgrimage and I'm feeling a little sad. I mean, I made the decision not to go, but I'm kinda wishing I'd gone now :sad:

But on a plus note, Papa Frankie is at the top of the trending thing on me facebook. :suith:
Original post by Aula
YOUCAT is awesome, so you should definitely get a copy TLG.

I will def have to. Maybe I should ask for it for a Christmas pressie :ahee:

My friends are in the Holy Land on the Westminster Youth Pilgrimage and I'm feeling a little sad. I mean, I made the decision not to go, but I'm kinda wishing I'd gone now :sad:

But on a plus note, Papa Frankie is at the top of the trending thing on me facebook. :suith:

:jumphug: Understandable that you are feeling a bit sad. Don't worry though: I'm sure that when the time is right for you, God will help you be able to go! :yep: It's a hugely expensive undertaking, isn't it? I was sooo lucky that my uncle paid for me to go. Coz I'd never ever be able to afford that kinda money to go on a single trip, even if it IS to Israel :headfire:

Gotta love Papa Frankie :rave:
I second YOUCAT, it's marvellous!

Is anyone thinking about going to Krakow? I really want to go but I am so short on pennies!
Reply 7051
I second YOUCAT, it's marvellous!

Is anyone thinking about going to Krakow? I really want to go but I am so short on pennies!

:ditto:
I went to Madrid and would love to go again. I've only got a few more before I stop being a youth (!) so I should really try to make the most of them.
Belated wishes for the feast day of St Cecilia, my confirmation saint :h:

I always seem to miss the actual feast days themselves, don't I? :getmecoat:
Belated wishes for the feast day of St Cecilia, my confirmation saint :h:

I always seem to miss the actual feast days themselves, don't I? :getmecoat:

I named my violin Cecilia when I bought it because patron saint of musicians and all that.

Anyway, I always seem to hear about saint days recently whereas I hardly used to hear about them before-I think it's because of the Catholics I now follow on Twitter.
Original post by mscaffrey
I named my violin Cecilia when I bought it because patron saint of musicians and all that.

:awesome:

My violin is called Sparky :yep: After a boy in my fave childhood film about a boy called Sparky who had a magic talking piano :ahee:

Anyway, I always seem to hear about saint days recently whereas I hardly used to hear about them before-I think it's because of the Catholics I now follow on Twitter.

I rely on my Facebook news feed to remind me of such events but sometimes I see things only a few days after they've been posted :facepalm:
I bought myself a copy of YOUCAT after seeing it mentioned on here, and I'm enjoying looking through it. I'm also reading Chastity for Lovers (a new release-I got a review copy) and it's pretty good so far. It's nice to read about chastity in this kind of context, rather than seeing it being scoffed at in mainstream media.

:awesome:

My violin is called Sparky :yep: After a boy in my fave childhood film about a boy called Sparky who had a magic talking piano :ahee:

I rely on my Facebook news feed to remind me of such events but sometimes I see things only a few days after they've been posted :facepalm:

I know the song about Sparky's magical piano! My mum used to listen to a radio show that played old music and they always used to put that one on.
Original post by mscaffrey
I bought myself a copy of YOUCAT after seeing it mentioned on here, and I'm enjoying looking through it. I'm also reading Chastity for Lovers (a new release-I got a review copy) and it's pretty good so far. It's nice to read about chastity in this kind of context, rather than seeing it being scoffed at in mainstream media.

Glad you're enjoying both those books so far :h:

I know the song about Sparky's magical piano! My mum used to listen to a radio show that played old music and they always used to put that one on.

:ahee:
I am sooooo happy it's Friday :biggrin:

St Andrew's Day this weekend, and the first Sunday of Advent, blimey. I can't believe how fast this year has gone!
I am sooooo happy it's Friday :biggrin:

St Andrew's Day this weekend, and the first Sunday of Advent, blimey. I can't believe how fast this year has gone!

:eek2: ZOMG, you're right!!! This year has gone scarily quickly, even by usual standards! :eek3:

Any nice plans for the weekend? :biggrin: I have volunteering on Sunday :emo: Cba :colondollar: But my sister is coming home for the weekend so that will hopefully cheer me up a bit :h:
Just got back from Bishop John Arnold's leaving Mass, it was pretty emotional seeing as he baptised and confirmed me haha. All the same, I wish him all the best in Salford :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending