The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7840
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not long to go til WYD, IIRC? :colone:

Also just wanted to say I'm quite encouraged by what Pope Francis has been saying about the Church maybe needing to apologise to its LGBT members :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This month! :teeth:

I need to actually read what he's said, I've not had a chance yet. I'm amazed there hasn't been a huge amount of "omg Pope says be gay and do what you want" type reporting tbh. The media's been fairly restrained.

Well... either that or distracted by other news stories...
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
*casually drops in and waves*

It is :smile: - is there anyone on here going?

Hope everyone's keeping well!

I'm not going but I'm hoping to keep up with events via social media!

I'd love it to come to London one day :moon:

Original post by Aula
This month! :teeth:

I need to actually read what he's said, I've not had a chance yet. I'm amazed there hasn't been a huge amount of "omg Pope says be gay and do what you want" type reporting tbh. The media's been fairly restrained.

Well... either that or distracted by other news stories...

Yeah tbh I think they got distracted by Brexit. I did see some non-Catholic media outlets reporting on it though :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
*casually drops in and waves*

It is :smile: - is there anyone on here going?

Hope everyone's keeping well!

I am not going, there is a group from the parish who are. *They have funded their trip via cake sales and other fundraising.
Being confirmed today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
Being confirmed today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So excited for you! Have a blessed day :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7845
I'm not going but I'm hoping to keep up with events via social media!

I'd love it to come to London one day :moon:

2022 :ninja:

Yeah tbh I think they got distracted by Brexit. I did see some non-Catholic media outlets reporting on it though :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, there were a few, but not a lot!
Reply 7846
Original post by donutaud15
Being confirmed today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaah! So exciting!
Have a beautifully blessed day!
I think a good prayer intention for Cath Soc atm would be to pray for all those travelling to WYD 2016, that they may have safe journeys, spiritual nourishment, and wonderful memories that they can treasure forever. May the Lord sustain them on their pilgrimage :h:
How have some Catholics viewed increasing uncertainty from the world: violence, terrorists, criticism?
Original post by da_nolo
How have some Catholics viewed increasing uncertainty from the world: violence, terrorists, criticism?

I'm not too sure what you're asking? I don't think it's indicative of the end of the world, if that's what you mean :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not too sure what you're asking? I don't think it's indicative of the end of the world, if that's what you mean :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no, not end of world, But this is a game changer. Britain leaving U.N., U.S. debacle for presidency, Russia being Russia, Turkey's coup, etc. etc. There is a long list but for world events there is a bunch going on that can change many things.

Though overly generalized, I was wondering what others thought and what Catholics or other Christians think and maybe are doing (politically or other) to better their own lives or even their community?

Sorry all for vague post
Original post by da_nolo
Oh no, not end of world, But this is a game changer. Britain leaving U.N., U.S. debacle for presidency, Russia being Russia, Turkey's coup, etc. etc. There is a long list but for world events there is a bunch going on that can change many things.

Though overly generalized, I was wondering what others thought and what Catholics or other Christians think and maybe are doing (politically or other) to better their own lives or even their community?

Sorry all for vague post

Ah I get you! :yep: I find it quite troubling, all the political stuff. I've not done anything proactive about it though :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7852
The Pope's coming today, the Pope's coming today!!!!!!
Original post by Aula

:ahee:

Wave at him like this for me: :hi:

:teehee:

:lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please remember the French priest killed whilst saying mass in your prayers.
Original post by barnetlad
Please remember the French priest killed whilst saying mass in your prayers.

Of course :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aula

Wave at him like this for me: :hi:

:teehee:

:lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Pope has given some interesting and challenging messages for us all this week, which have been given a fair bit of media coverage, which is good.
Reply 7857
Original post by barnetlad
The Pope has given some interesting and challenging messages for us all this week, which have been given a fair bit of media coverage, which is good.

I seed him! And he drove right past me as we were leaving the vigil this morning. :daydreaming:
Original post by Aula
I seed him! And he drove right past me as we were leaving the vigil this morning. :daydreaming:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have shook the popes hand in the Vatican

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending