The Student Room Group

King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Have applied for a PhD in theoretical physics & cosmology at King's on October 14th. The two reference letters arrived on October 24th.

King's asked me to send more documents on November 8th and my application has been passed on to the admissions panel on November 15th.

To your opinion, when can I expect a response from them ? Lots of scholarship application deadlines are on February 1st...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 181
Original post by kulam
Have applied for a PhD in theoretical physics & cosmology at King's on October 14th. The two reference letters arrived on October 24th.

King's asked me to send more documents on November 8th and my application has been passed on to the admissions panel on November 15th.

To your opinion, when can I expect a response from them ? Lots of scholarship application deadlines are on February 1st...

I would give the department a call that seems to be the best way to have feedback on your application.
Reply 182
Original post by kulam

I also suggest you to email them. When I did my applications to do masters degree, I also first applied to King's. But, I waited too long. Maybe, 2 months before I asked about the status of my application. Only then, they replied that my application was unsuccessful.:s-smilie:
I also asked some other students at Kings and they said that Kings is too slow. They want to get all applications and only then select the best among them.
Whereas, other unis make decisions on First come first in basis.
Reply 183
Original post by Exulted
I also suggest you to email them. When I did my applications to do masters degree, I also first applied to King's. But, I waited too long. Maybe, 2 months before I asked about the status of my application. Only then, they replied that my application was unsuccessful.:s-smilie:
I also asked some other students at Kings and they said that Kings is too slow. They want to get all applications and only then select the best among them.

This depends on the department.

I got my offer within 5 weeks, even though the department site said that they usually wait for all applications to come in. :dontknow:

But as you say, worth giving them a ring or just an email!
Reply 184
Original post by Exulted

As above, this is more of a dept dependent thing than KCL itself. I got my offer 11 days after applying so much quicker than their 8 weeks max guideline!
Reply 185
Original post by Akkuz
This depends on the department.

I got my offer within 5 weeks, even though the department site said that they usually wait for all applications to come in. :dontknow:

But as you say, worth giving them a ring or just an email!

Hey just a quick q, i applied about 2 weeks ago for their MSc International Management programme. However my status is still 'received and being processed'. Is it supposed to be like this or does it supposed to be something like 'application under consideration'....Just wondering whether i should give them a call or not. Thanks.
Reply 186
Original post by LSEfreak
Hey just a quick q, i applied about 2 weeks ago for their MSc International Management programme. However my status is still 'received and being processed'. Is it supposed to be like this or does it supposed to be something like 'application under consideration'....Just wondering whether i should give them a call or not. Thanks.

I applied for that programme. I got an offer within 5 weeks.

I think it just stays on 'received and being processed'.
Reply 187
Original post by Akkuz
I applied for that programme. I got an offer within 5 weeks.

I think it just stays on 'received and being processed'.

K thanks
Reply 188
Got an unconditional from kcl on the 16th, payed my deposit but can't officially accept the offer by clicking on the 'Making a decision on your offer' portal. Says there is a system error and to try again or contact the webmaster. Will it sort it self out once my deposit is processed?
I have emailed the admissions liason but no reply yet.
Anyone accepted online yet? Maybe you could help.

Cheers!
Reply 189
Hi everyone! I got an offer last week for the MA in Public Policy program. Anyone else apply to the same one? I only waited a week for a decision after sending in my application...super impressed by King's.

Good luck to everyone still awaiting a decision!
Reply 190
Original post by kaitlyne
Hi everyone! I got an offer last week for the MA in Public Policy program.

Original post by NZNush
Got an unconditional from kcl on the 16th

Congratulations guys :smile:
Reply 191
Hi everyone! I got an offer last week for the MA in Public Policy program. Anyone else apply to the same one? I only waited a week for a decision after sending in my application...super impressed by King's.

Good luck to everyone still awaiting a decision!

Hey I've also applied

It really only took a week?
Reply 192
Hey all!

Received an offer for the MA in Medieval Studies. Also received offers from UCL, Durham and Leicester and waiting to hear back from a few other places but it's very exciting nonetheless!
Original post by halbeth
Hey all!

Received an offer for the MA in Medieval Studies. Also received offers from UCL, Durham and Leicester and waiting to hear back from a few other places but it's very exciting nonetheless!

Well done. Are you applying for funding? Any idea when they dish out the AHRC places?
Reply 194
Original post by stamst
Hey I've also applied

It really only took a week?

Yep, it was about a week! I turned in my application on 4 Jan, but my references weren't uploaded until the 6th. I got my offer on the 11th.

I just noticed that you live in DC...so do I! I go to AU. Good luck with your app! Hopefully you'll hear back soon.
Reply 195
Yep, it was about a week! I turned in my application on 4 Jan, but my references weren't uploaded until the 6th. I got my offer on the 11th.

I just noticed that you live in DC...so do I! I go to AU. Good luck with your app! Hopefully you'll hear back soon.

That's incredibly fast! You must have had a solid profile.

I actually go to GW but American was in my final three back when picking my undergrad options.

King's is a great school, I did study abroad there a few years ago. Have you applied anywhere else?
Reply 196
So what's everyone doing for accomodation? I'll be at the Waterloo campus and was looking into the Rectory and Wolfson House. I want to stay with postgrads mainly. Any thoughts? Are they nice places to stay? Anyone got photos?! That would be awesome:biggrin:
Reply 197
Original post by NZNush
So what's everyone doing for accomodation? I'll be at the Waterloo campus and was looking into the Rectory and Wolfson House. I want to stay with postgrads mainly. Any thoughts? Are they nice places to stay? Anyone got photos?! That would be awesome:biggrin:

I don't know much about the situation for postgrad housing but I think SSA is an option?

I can upload some pictures from there if you'd like.
I am trying to apply to King's and the stupid application page just won't LOAD!!!
Reply 199
Original post by stamst
That's incredibly fast! You must have had a solid profile.

I actually go to GW but American was in my final three back when picking my undergrad options.

King's is a great school, I did study abroad there a few years ago. Have you applied anywhere else?

Yeah, I've also applied to LSE, Edinburgh, and Trinity. King's is the only one I've heard from, though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending