The Student Room Group

King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by history_geek
As this my last chance to get full funding from somewhere, I hope I'll hear back soonish. I think candidates not being considered for funding are meant to hear back during April?

fake edit: Here we are:

hey I just wanted to tell you that I emailed the director of graduate studies at the department of Classics (I don't know if you are at the same one) and he told me that I am on the reserved list but that he doubts anyone will turn down the award. I guess this means that decisions have been made...I would contact them to ask if I were you, just in case.
Original post by *Corinna*
hey I just wanted to tell you that I emailed the director of graduate studies at the department of Classics (I don't know if you are at the same one) and he told me that I am on the reserved list but that he doubts anyone will turn down the award. I guess this means that decisions have been made...I would contact them to ask if I were you, just in case.

Cheers. Always a longshot, but I hope you move on up from the reserve list! I don't know whether the Doctoral Awards decisions are made earlier, due to the Feb deadline, but it will be worth a check anyway to put me out of my misery
Cheers. Always a longshot, but I hope you move on up from the reserve list! I don't know whether the Doctoral Awards decisions are made earlier, due to the Feb deadline, but it will be worth a check anyway to put me out of my misery

well, the Feb deadline applied to all of us, if we wanted funding, right?
Reply 363
After 20 days I got my offer.
Reply 364
Original post by Usern4me
After 20 days I got my offer.

congrats! see you in September!:smile:
well, the Feb deadline applied to all of us, if we wanted funding, right?

only if you applied for a doctorate. I applied for a MA course, the AHRC deadline for which was March 1st. Anyway, I'm somewhat confused about *who* I am meant to contact about this...
Original post by zziippoo
I applied before 3 weeks for complex system modelling.
Can I apply to more than one course?

Yes you can.
But complex system modelling is an excellent course too :wink:
anyone applied for advanced computing?

only if you applied for a doctorate. I applied for a MA course, the AHRC deadline for which was March 1st. Anyway, I'm somewhat confused about *who* I am meant to contact about this...

I contacted the director of graduate studies but if your deadline was later maybe they haven't decided yet
Reply 369
Hey! I've recently been offered a place at King's for Mental Health studies MSc, just wondering if anyone is doing the same course? And whether anyone is applying for any of the King's postgraduate accommodation halls?

:smile:
I contacted the director of graduate studies but if your deadline was later maybe they haven't decided yet

somebody a couple of pages back was told that they had already allocated the single MA AHRC grant to somebody already, but their guidelines say that we'll be informed officially in May/June. I don't really understand the logic of the gap, but I'll probably find out one way or another soon enough.
Reply 371
somebody a couple of pages back was told that they had already allocated the single MA AHRC grant to somebody already, but their guidelines say that we'll be informed officially in May/June. I don't really understand the logic of the gap, but I'll probably find out one way or another soon enough.

They might be waiting to see if the person decides to go elsewhere (so they then have to re-allocate the grant)?
I got an offer for Classics:biggrin:!!Anyone else???
Original post by Elizabeth88
I got an offer for Classics:biggrin:!!Anyone else???

yeah, me but I'm not taking it. What is your area of interest?
yeah, me but I'm not taking it. What is your area of interest?

Well, I am interested in Ancient Greek and Latin. You???Why you didn't accepted the offer:smile:
Original post by Elizabeth88
Well, I am interested in Ancient Greek and Latin. You???Why you didn't accepted the offer:smile:

yeah obviously :P I meant which author in particular. Like, do you know what you want to write your dissertation on?

I am applying for a PhD and mainly because of funding. I was told (after I asked...) that I am reserved but I already have a funded offer from RHUL. And tbh I prefer the supervisor there, although the one at King's was also good. So now I'm either going to RHUL or Cambridge (still waiting to hear about some funding, I'm reserved for the AHRC, but I also applied to a number of college scholarships). Where did you do your undergrad? I am assuming you are applying for an MA? Did you apply anywhere else outside King's?
Conditional offer for MA Classical Art and Archaeology starting in September!
Can anyone comment on how competitive programmes under the School of Natural & Mathematical Sciences are? Namely, Intelligent Systems/Robotics.

Just worrying my butt off.
Reply 378
somebody a couple of pages back was told that they had already allocated the single MA AHRC grant to somebody already, but their guidelines say that we'll be informed officially in May/June..

May/June is AGES away :frown:

If I'm reading the website correctly it sounds like they'll let people know that they haven't got it, as well as let people know that they have. So everyone should get an email at some point... Wish it was earlier though!

What is everyone planning to do if they don't receive funding? Hope to get it at another uni or rely on savings/CDL/etc? King's was my favourite course for my subject so I'll try and go whatever (although they've discontinued one of the modules I liked best. After I wrote about how much I liked that particular module in my funding application lol. Clearly a sign.)
All the applications for the course I applied for is only going to be assessed AFTER the 8 May *damn*. I was told this almost two weeks ago....The waiting is nauseating :frown:

Then there's the wait to find out if I'll be selected for a bursary, which I so need (and this hinges on me securing a place on the course).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending