Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whirlm)
    That sounds amazing! And I've heard King's history department is meant to be really good.

I love the idea of living in London. I've started looking for accomodation and there are more affordable places than you'd think, so it's not all bad news I also think that if you're an EU postgrad student they'll prioritise you for places in halls, although I'm not sure if that's right or not. My boyfriend is moving to London with me so we're going to get a cheap studio between us, probably going to move in August sometime.... I'm sort of torn between wanting to leave my current job as soon as possible, and needing to save as much as possible before I go!

Also, Corinna - that must be really frustrating if they've already made the funding decisions, then they should notify people formally.
    I've found one or two affordable places too, but the thing is that it's impossible to find anything from Denmark. I'd really like to have a look at a place before agreeing to anything. Can you recommend any websites for accommodation search?

I totally understand your so eager to leave and get going! And it'll probably feel like centuries before we reach August/September! Personally, I can't wait either.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been browsing using the followings sites - obviously I will need to actually go and view properties and stuff before making a decision... I've also specifically been looking for a studio where the rent can be split between two people, which has made some options more affordable for me than they would be for someone looking on their own!

The's quite a few flat shares and house shares out here though, which is good for students I have a few friends who live in London, although none of them live in zones 1 or 2 - they'e all a bit further out. Travel time and costs is something that worries me- I don't like long commutes! My parents actually live an hour away from London, so in theory I could live with them, but I wouldn't want to spend all my time travelling!

http://www.findaproperty.com/to-rent...eds.properties

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...=0.25&index=30

http://www.cheaproomslondon.co.uk/sh...om-share-basis
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! I got offers for the Health & Society MSc and Health Promotions MSc. I have 2 questions for the group:

1) What are the pros and cons of each program? I'm interested in practicing community-based public health with an emphasis on the social determinants of health. My undergraduate degree is in Anthropology and Public Health and I currently work for a health nonprofit in a high (secondary) school.

2) Has anyone (especially fellow international students) heard back about funding?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molade1214)
    Hello everyone! I got offers for the Health & Society MSc and Health Promotions MSc. I have 2 questions for the group:

1) What are the pros and cons of each program? I'm interested in practicing community-based public health with an emphasis on the social determinants of health. My undergraduate degree is in Anthropology and Public Health and I currently work for a health nonprofit in a high (secondary) school.

2) Has anyone (especially fellow international students) heard back about funding?
    Hi, congrats on having offers I cant really help you with the first question but in terms of funding, from what I can gather some people have heard back and some are still waiting, so it seems to be dependent on the course you're doing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elle882)
    Hey! I've recently been offered a place at King's for Mental Health studies MSc, just wondering if anyone is doing the same course? And whether anyone is applying for any of the King's postgraduate accommodation halls?

Ah well done! I've applied to this course but still haven't heard back, didn't apply until March though. Really hope I get in, I have an offer for the Clinical MSc at Sussex though so all is not lost. When did you apply?

Hopefully see you at Kings! Fingers crossed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hello anyone applied for postgrad nursing? let me know would love to hear from you!

Hana
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Got offers from mental health in learning disabilities and mental health service & poupulation research...
    Is anyone doing either?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freewheelin)
    Ah well done! I've applied to this course but still haven't heard back, didn't apply until March though. Really hope I get in, I have an offer for the Clinical MSc at Sussex though so all is not lost. When did you apply?

Hopefully see you at Kings! Fingers crossed

Hi

I plan to do mental health in learning disabilities, so we may cover a few of the same modules!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had an offer but i didn't pay for the deposit, so I have lost my place. Is there any chance to get back my place again?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. You'd better ring admissions, put on your best grovelling voice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zee_zee)
    Hi

I plan to do mental health in learning disabilities, so we may cover a few of the same modules!
    That course sounds great, are you already in London or moving there? Hopefully I'll hear soon, I hating the waiting!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That course sounds great, are you already in London or moving there? Hopefully I'll hear soon, I hating the waiting!

Yep I live in London. Are you in your final year at uni? I graduated last summer, I'm working at the moment to help with the costs of the horrible fees! Good luck with it all, hope you get your place!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zee_zee)
    Yep I live in London. Are you in your final year at uni? I graduated last summer, I'm working at the moment to help with the costs of the horrible fees! Good luck with it all, hope you get your place!
    Sort of. I did my first degree a while back in Media (I'm 30 now), and doing a 1 year conversion graduate diploma in Psychology this year at Cardiff. Yep it's expensive, I had to work for while to afford all this!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for a FT Funded PhD in Defence Studies at KCL. In my application I stated that if I did not get funding, I still wanted the place but on a PT basis.

I still haven't heard anything. I do not know if this is good news: I am still in the hat for funding. Or bad news: my application is being held back on a reserve basis.

Does anyone know of any announcements in this field of study; either funding news or offers of a place?

The waiting and hearing nothing is killing me....and I need to start organising my life for next year (FT or PT study)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NZNush)
    Anyone accepted into or applying for the MSc Forensic Science? Any potential classmates?
    hey ya i just got accepted a few days ago but got accepted into strathcyle as well any advice?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sort of. I did my first degree a while back in Media (I'm 30 now), and doing a 1 year conversion graduate diploma in Psychology this year at Cardiff. Yep it's expensive, I had to work for while to afford all this!

Oh ok good luck with it all, hopefully I'll see you in September!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi All- I have been made an offer for MA Environment, Politics and Globalisation. Does anyone up for the same programme? Keep in touch xo
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I have received an offer for MA International Relations? Is there anyone else going for it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Bowtruckle- Congratulations! I'm also looking for someone will be joining the same programme, at least we're in the same school

(Original post by Bowtruckle)
    Hello everyone. I have received an offer for MA International Relations? Is there anyone else going for it?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowtruckle)
    I'll be in the same dept as you - close enough! (Applied for MA International Peace & Security)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 27, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Postgraduate Education Guide

Quick Link:

Unanswered Postgraduate Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.