The Student Room Group

King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Akkuz
With your NATO links, combined bribery skills and my management
of this "project", we could create an organisation to achieve world domination :ahee: :lockstock:. I think one of my modules on this course is 'International Business Negotiations', could come in handy! :tongue:

Negotiate with them..if they get to rip you apart, they should give you a distinction in return! :banana2:

Hell yeah! :awesome: We will rule the world :colone: Hm, I wonder if there's a secret module option called 'The art of effective threats' - could learn a lot from that :ahee:

:awesome: Excellent idea :colone: Maybe I can make them write my essays for me when I get to that inevitable kill-me-now stage :colonhash: ...well, they started it :unimpressed: :ninja:
Reply 121
Original post by aeterno
Hell yeah! :awesome: We will rule the world :colone: Hm, I wonder if there's a secret module option called 'The art of effective threats' - could learn a lot from that :ahee:

:awesome: Excellent idea :colone: Maybe I can make them write my essays for me when I get to that inevitable kill-me-now stage :colonhash: ...well, they started it :unimpressed: :ninja:

Haha. I've always told my tutors at uni that we should have modules in "corruption" and "bribery" - it's a massive part of life/business :awesome:

Were keeping this thread single-handedly alive..think were the only prospective students.:ahee:
Reply 122
Original post by Akkuz
Haha. I've always told my tutors at uni that we should have modules in "corruption" and "bribery" - it's a massive part of life/business :awesome:

Were keeping this thread single-handedly alive..think were the only prospective students.:ahee:

'Tis true :awesome: See - further proof uni doesn't prepare you for real life :colonhash: :tongue:

Maybe our plans for world domination have scared everyone away :ninja: They can join us if they're helpful though :ahee:
Got an unconditional offer for the MA in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies! Anyone else here applying for/ has applied for/ is already on/ has already finished the degree. I'm curious about what the postgrads who are studying this topic at King's think about it...
Original post by history_geek
Got an unconditional offer for the MA in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies! Anyone else here applying for/ has applied for/ is already on/ has already finished the degree. I'm curious about what the postgrads who are studying this topic at King's think about it...

congratulations. I am doing classics (not at King's though) so pretty similar :tongue: Do you speak Greek then?
Original post by Xristina
congratulations. I am doing classics (not at King's though) so pretty similar :tongue: Do you speak Greek then?

I've taken classes in Biblical Greek in my final year at Oxford; I know most of the basics, although I'm still a relative beginner at the language, and will probably have to take a refresher course over the summer to keep it sharp (I live in Dorset, so maybe the Bryanston summer school?)
Original post by history_geek
I've taken classes in Biblical Greek in my final year at Oxford; I know most of the basics, although I'm still a relative beginner at the language, and will probably have to take a refresher course over the summer to keep it sharp (I live in Dorset, so maybe the Bryanston summer school?)

does Bryanston teach biblical greek though? Did you apply to Oxford for a master's then?
Another thing you could do is learn modern greek, it's pretty close to biblical. Way closer than classical Greek is.

btw I had some modules in byzantine Greek during my undergrad.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 127
Two weeks until I need to pay my hefty deposit to King's. Cambridge won't reply till March and I've yet to submit an application to Imperial. Man, this sucks :frown:
Reply 128
Hi all,

I applied to MA Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship on December 17th and still have not heard back.

Anyone applied by the same date?

Hopefully the holidays won´t delay their answer too much... Hoping to get an answer soon so I can start planning.
guys do you know how big the research proposal for PhD needs to be? or does it vary by department? I can't find anything online
Reply 130
Original post by eduleal
Hi all,

I applied to MA Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship on December 17th and still have not heard back.

Anyone applied by the same date?

Hopefully the holidays won´t delay their answer too much... Hoping to get an answer soon so I can start planning.

Relax...you applied on a Saturday, they were closed Sunday, opened for 3-4 days, and were off for the Holidays until tomorrow. You really expected a reply in 3 days?:biggrin:

They're fairly quick to respond - you'll hear back from them sometime this month.
Reply 131
Original post by bbmm1987
Relax...you applied on a Saturday, they were closed Sunday, opened for 3-4 days, and were off for the Holidays until tomorrow. You really expected a reply in 3 days?:biggrin:

They're fairly quick to respond - you'll hear back from them sometime this month.

I got my offer in three days! Although the course I applied for is really new and not established so there probably weren't many applicants. Oh well
Have applied for a PhD in mathematics at King's. I'm hoping to hear something back within the next few weeks. The waiting is killing me!
Reply 133

I´m relaxed, just curious :smile:
Thanks for your note, it makes sense they haven´t replied.
Cheers
Reply 134

I applied three months ago and still haven't heard so I wouldn't necessarily count on a quick response :/
Reply 135
Original post by mlle_m
I applied three months ago and still haven't heard so I wouldn't necessarily count on a quick response :/

Depends on the department unfortunately. :frown:

I got an offer for MSc International Management, 5 weeks are submitting my application.

But 3 months is quite a long time, you may want to send the department an e-mail and ask them what's going on. Good luck :smile:
Reply 136
Original post by mlle_m

Do not worry.. all the departments have problem with the system. I called before two days and they told me that they can not update the system with their decisions because they have a problem with that.. so no worries :smile:
I also applied at the end of Oct...!!
Hi there I am yet to apply for a masters, I am in the final year and so yet to get my results.

Is it too late to apply now for a postgrad course (in general)?

Will I get a conditional offer is I apply, say 2 weeks time?

Can I apply to 3 postgrad courses from the same uni?

And do I have to do 3 different personal statements for each course even they're all similar (business related)?

Thanks!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 138
Original post by jessica999
Hi there I am yet to apply for a masters, I am in the final year and so yet to get my results.

Is it too late to apply now for a postgrad course (in general)?

Will I get a conditional offer is I apply, say 2 weeks time?

Can I apply to 3 postgrad courses from the same uni?

And do I have to do 3 different personal statements for each course even they're all similar (business related)?

Thanks!

It's not too late. Go on the KCL website and check the admission status of the courses your interested in. If it says "Open" then you can still apply, no problems.

You are unlikely to get a reply within 2 weeks. For MSc International Management, I waited 5-6 weeks for an offer.

Yes you can apply to 3 different courses but be careful that the courses are right for you. Applying for two courses at the same university isn't uncommon, but 3 may insinuate a lack of focus.

It would be best to have specifically tailored personal statements for each course. Good luck! :smile:
Thanks,

Would it matter if all my 3 options are in one disciplin i.e. buisness and finance? and so only have slight changes in personal statements?

And my second option, is nottingham trent (I know its a step down), is it easy to get onto a masters there (in business and finance), is it competitve?

And if I apply to an msc and get rejected, can I apply to another one in the same uni but a different course?

thanks
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending