The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Che! and Lady Muck - thanks, it took it's own sweet time to get to me though!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
Now just to wonder what the asking grades will be
Reply 22
oh i got that same email too! just wonderin for ppl who got the email and an offer this year or previous years, how long after u gt that email did u get an offer?! its all so intriguing...i wonder if all of us will get an offer...i hope we do! but the thing is , ive applied for drama, so i don't think you can get an offer straight away - you need an interview at least! so what does it all mean?! does it mean im going to get an interview? not that anyone on here would know! lol! just needed to get that out...phew!
Now, I have a pondering...

Could I email Exeter and ask them whether the email has any significance? I'm supposed to be going to Birmingham next week and am really eager to know before then, so I don't waste £50 on train tickets!! Gosh...Soooo annoying.
Reply 24
i think u should email em before then if ur dead cert on going to exeter rather than birmingham- you cn save that 50 pounds and spend it on somethin else!
Reply 25
Word of advice - if you've been waiting for aaaages for a reply from Exeter, give the Admissions peeps a ring. I did, and they sent an email over to the department to look at my application asap, and hey presto, next day reply. :biggrin:
Ariadne
Word of advice - if you've been waiting for aaaages for a reply from Exeter, give the Admissions peeps a ring. I did, and they sent an email over to the department to look at my application asap, and hey presto, next day reply. :biggrin:

yah, this is what I was wondering. Only I'm a little unsure of what I can say without coming across either pushy or desperate?!
Reply 27
"Hello, sorry to bother you but my name's....and I've applied for.... I recieved an email about sports scholarships the other day and I was just wondering...(they should interrupt you there but IF not) if they're being given out to every applicant, or just those who can hope to recieve offers in the near future."

That should do the trick.
Aha, super.

Ta muchly. Have thought of something to say expanding on that! Am going to ring. Gah! That was helpful, not. And apparently the sports scholarship email means that they've identified you as a possibility although it's no confirmation. Urgh.
Reply 29
Possibility? It's slightly like dangling a carrot in front of your nose and saying "no, you can't have it...well...maybe you can...we're gonna keep you hanging till we can be bothered to decide."

I'm applying for english and classics for gawd's sake. There are about 20 applicants. How long can it take?!
They are incredibly slow, aren't they? It's painful!

I don't know whether or not to take a GAP year now. Argh. See, if Exeter would just get bloody back to me I wouldn't have had the full on crisis yesterday and practically withdrawn today!
Reply 31
I'm on a gap year after spending 3 months at a nightmare uni. It's gonna be fun. Ultimately it's your choice I guess...each to their own. Look me up if you get in though if I go I'll need someone to explore with.
I'm so taking a gap year now, I've found a scuba diving thing in Fiji I despo want to do! If I get an Ex offer (ffs...if, if, if...) then I'll just defer it I think, then again I change my mind like, every day!

Where were you at uni previously?!
I can categorically say now that having that the sports scholarship email is not an indicating factor if you gaining an offer.

I have a place at UEC, go me. This is my first rejection! Gah. And my last reply. Good job I'm taking a gap year now.
Reply 34
so u didnt get into exeter? they are mean...
yep. Never mind, I'm aiming for v good grades now and aiming Bristol way!
Reply 36
Ironically enough the university I was at before was UEC. Don't go. Don't ever go. Ever.
So, James...You think I should go to UEC, then? :p:

No, I wouldn't. I come from the back end of nowhere, Exeter is small enough, thanks, I'm definitely not moving to Falmouth which really IS the backend of nowhere. I was quite offended for them to suggest it!
Reply 38
Hell no.

Falmouth is beautiful, I've got loads of pictures of it on my msn space. Penryn's awful, and the uni's awful. I've slagged it off enough in the exeter forum.

Whereabouts are you going then? Bristol's not so far from Exeter...remember I took the train to falmouth. On that thing Glasgow seemed close to Exeter.
Don't know, obviously depends on my grades in August. I wasn't ever happy with where I'd applied, yes...They were good unis, but my brother is at Oxford and the whole of my dads side of my family are Oxbridge, so I feel I need to try harder and get somewhere a little higher up.

I'll probs apply to the next 'rung' up, Bristol, Notts, Bham, Exeter and I'd rather go to the first two. I don't know at the moment, will see next year!

Latest

Trending

Trending