The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
just...as a word of advice from someone who's been through the uni ringer once...going for oxbridge because the family wants you to isn't necessarily a great idea. And you'll get shot at Nottingham lol. I've got a friend there.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 41
this email means nowt - i got it ages ago, and theyve rejected me afew days ago2! its so mean - they pose questions and hope after sayin "we hope 2 c u soon" , then they just snatch that hope away...tut tut exeter-im highly disappointed in u...
Reply 42
Where's that gimp that said we'd all definitely got offers? Grrrr. Still heard nothing though. Am I the only one of the Sports email people left? Maybe it's a poisoned chalice
you won't get shot at nottingham...! I know 3 there and they've never even seen a gun.

Ooh, it's like the final countdown :p: I was in Exeter today, the city has gone very downhill lately anyway so I'm rather glad with the dull shopping!
Reply 44
sour grapes! lol. Never been to Exeter...been through it though and it looked lovely. Anywhere would be better than where I was
It's not sour grapes because it's still very nice, just the shops in my town are exactly the same minus dingles!
Reply 46
well a month after the email they've finally given me an offer... PHEW.
Reply 47
Damn insomnia. Congrats on the offer. What's Exeter like anyway? To Lady Muck...whose opinion seems valid. As a place.
Reply 48
Ook...I got an offer aaaages ago, but I never had that email :confused: Ah well, its not like I do sport. (I do feel kinda left out though! Did they only send it to people that hadnt had offers yet?
It's a really nice city, it's small and quaint, really.

Cathedral Green is really pretty and lovely to sit on in the summer. Many a time have friends and I grabbed some fast food (there's a KFC, McDonalds, BurgerKing and Pizza Express around) and sat basking in the sun under the backdrop of a cathedral!
The shops are a bit samey, there isn't anything there that isn't in any other large town to be honest. They have all the major highstreet chains, 2 department stores, tkmaxx, matalan, down Gandy Street there are smaller boutiques but nothing particularly wow, but it's really decent place to shop.

Going out at night it's great (I think it depends on who you're with, to be honest), there's a Chumley's, Wetherspoons (right by the uni), various bars and then there's Arena (big club) and another (Club 20 or 2000 or something!) so you get by. If you like really hardcore clubbing, you'd be stupid to go to Devon tbh! I've never felt unsafe in Exeter, that's shopping...Out...Wherever :smile:
Reply 50
I got rejected after recieving the email.
Reply 51
Aw sorry thats pretty harsh of them. They shouldn't of sent the email if they were gonna do that cos it was pretty ambigious. Good luck with your other choices x
Reply 52
Ha. They rejected me for English and Classics but offered me an unconditional place for Classics...which is the better and more competitive degree. WHAT?
Exeter are really going for the abstract this year, non?
Reply 54
I just don't know anymore. Am considering just not bothering with uni.
Depends where you live I guess, if you live in Devon/Cornwall I'd be inclined to say get a degree as the job prospects down here (in terms of wages etc) Are pretty poor.

I don't know either, hence gap year!
Reply 56
Well I'm on one now...effectively and am going round europe for a month then (I think) swanning off to the south of France for a month or so. I guess the world's my oyster and it's a good feeling. I live in Yorkshire and I might be able to get by as a novelist, I'm not sure. But good luck with your gap year, I might be taking a whole one and going to do English with Latin or Classics at the University of Leeds. A break can be a really good thing, it definitely is and has been for me. If you want to go and pick grapes in the South of France with me just let me know lol there's gotta be somewhere that wants the job doing.
My friend and I were going to do that this summer, but she's found a job in Monaco so we're not anymore!

When are you going grape picking? (As glamourous as it sounds!)
offer and email
Reply 59
Damn your hide.

I'm going this summer. If you're at boarding school chances are you'll be on holiday by then. lol come along by all means.

Latest

Trending

Trending