The Student Room Group

How did you deal with university rejection?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Rascacielos
You can use UCAS Extra where you can apply for any course with vacancies. It's open between the end of February and early July and you apply for one course at a time using Track.

Failing that, you can go through Clearing on results' day.

When you apply through ucas xtra do you send off the exact application you did to other unis? Same PS and work experience etc? Cause i have a feeling i too will get 5 rejections, so far i've had three and all gave the reason of my personal statement not being what they need despite my teachers reassuring me that it was great... So could I not put in a different personal statement? Or could it be that they had no other reason to give so just picked that one out of the hat?
Original post by Gollyxo
When you apply through ucas xtra do you send off the exact application you did to other unis? Same PS and work experience etc? Cause i have a feeling i too will get 5 rejections, so far i've had three and all gave the reason of my personal statement not being what they need despite my teachers reassuring me that it was great... So could I not put in a different personal statement? Or could it be that they had no other reason to give so just picked that one out of the hat?

I can't possibly say what reason the universities had for rejecting you, but I am fairly certain they didn't just pick names out of a hat! Have you thought about sending them a message to ask what the reason was?

You can't change any aspect of your UCAS application when you use UCAS Extra, as far as I'm aware. However, if you submit an application through UCAS to that university, you could try sending an e-mail to ask whether they would accept a [separate] rewritten personal statement, if you think that's where the problem lies.
I'm just wondering If you only get one offer from five choices can you go into extra so you can have an insurance choice?
Original post by Sophie Hurt
I'm just wondering If you only get one offer from five choices can you go into extra so you can have an insurance choice?

No. Extra is for people with no offers at all.
Reply 184
The only thing I can suggest is, don't get your hopes up for one single places, because if you're rejected from there, your head may go into turmoil.
Reply 185
Hoping I don't have to face it as I have 3 offers and an interview and haven't heard back from last Uni. Tbh don't want to go to 5th Uni anyway as I have the offers I wanted so won't be too bothered :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending