The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography 4B Advanced Info Booklet

Scroll to see replies

A few with full marks (140/140) from my centre aswell.
I got 140/140 at AS too. As much as I'd love to think only 6 people got that, I'm pretty sure that's not how UMS works!

This actually makes me kind of happy. Don't get me wrong, to start with I thought it was a pretty nice idea, but by exam time I was so sick of reading about it that ****ing bridge I hoped it would collapse.
Original post by TheBigJosh
Hello :smile: well done for get 140 ums! Only 6 out of 23000 students that took that exqam got 140 ums - so us and 4 others. If anyone else claims this, they're lying :P and sorry, you didn't get the highest raw mark - I got a letter from Dave Redfern one of the chief examiners from AQA saying that I got 115/120 on that paper :smile: you can always ask your teacher to logn to eAQA to find out your raw mark if you don't know :smile: but it don't matter, we're still amazing :wink:

From our school alone 6 people got 140 UMS,thats definitely wrong. I doubt you got 115/120 raw as well, thats just impossible on GEOG1, considering that 84/120 gave you 140 UMS. Might be true though, provide some evidence :tongue:
anyone re-taking?!
Original post by tehforum
Attached:

GEOG4B Markscheme and Examiners' Report.

Enjoy.

hey, where did you find these? thanks
Original post by wasuuuuuuuuuuuppp
hey, where did you find these? thanks

A guy uploaded it to the results day thread.
anyone re-taking?!

me :/ not looking forward to it.....
Reply 290
anyone re-taking?!

Me too... I look forward to the similar discussion group once the pre-release booklet comes out :wink:
Reply 291
Is this the only topic on 4B? Exam is next tuesday, how is everyone feeling?

My school has done NO prep with us as its a retake, so all I've got is the zigzag booklet and whatever I can find online. If anyone has any info that will help I will appreciate it so much, really need to boost my January grade up a few marks. Everyone says that if you can do the zigzag booklet then you're fine for the exam but I did that plus more for January and still only got a C. :frown:
Original post by gl71994

My school has done NO prep with us as its a retake, so all I've got is the zigzag booklet and whatever I can find online. If anyone has any info that will help I will appreciate it so much, really need to boost my January grade up a few marks. Everyone says that if you can do the zigzag booklet then you're fine for the exam but I did that plus more for January and still only got a C. :frown:

What's the zigzag booklet? :s-smilie:

This is my first time doing the exam and we've hardly done any prep for it!
Reply 293
Original post by Father Ted

Its a booklet that supplements the course, with questions etc in it. They're bought by your school but I don't think they have any connection to AQA itself. They're not essential but useful. :smile:
Original post by gl71994

Not feeling at all confident, has the zig zag book been useful?
Reply 295
Original post by Kimwarli
Not feeling at all confident, has the zig zag book been useful?

It has as its suggested further reading but the general questions in it are quite obvious. It also asks to do a line graph, climate graph and pie chart for the data which is quite good. Overall yes but its a basic start to the revision rather than anything in detail sadly!
Reply 296
Original post by Father Ted

I'm retaking too - if you still want the ZigZag booklet and the other stuff, PM me and I'll send you the link.

Btw, this is January's forum so most people are discussing Tuesday's exam here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1961542
Reply 297
Original post by TheBigJosh
Hello :smile: well done for get 140 ums! Only 6 out of 23000 students that took that exqam got 140 ums - so us and 4 others. If anyone else claims this, they're lying :P and sorry, you didn't get the highest raw mark - I got a letter from Dave Redfern one of the chief examiners from AQA saying that I got 115/120 on that paper :smile: you can always ask your teacher to logn to eAQA to find out your raw mark if you don't know :smile: but it don't matter, we're still amazing :wink:

Can I just say you are an awfully cocky human being.

Quick Reply

Latest