The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography 4B Advanced Info Booklet

Scroll to see replies

I'm finding it really difficult to revise for as well!! Just making sure I know extra info + where all the info is in the booklet so I can go straight to it! I haven't thought much about a hypothesis though, it seems quite difficult to come with one for this!! x
Reply 61
I'm a bit worried about the amount there is in the pre-release booklet on the environmental issues around Holes Bay and Back Water channel... so much in fact that I can't think of anything I'd put in a question about that without just lifting it more or less straight from the AIB.
Original post by Deceiver
I'm a bit worried about the amount there is in the pre-release booklet on the environmental issues around Holes Bay and Back Water channel... so much in fact that I can't think of anything I'd put in a question about that without just lifting it more or less straight from the AIB.

Me too, I don't want to just copy straight from the booklet but I know i'll end up doing it :/
Reply 63
Has anyone got any other similar case study like Poole to refer to when answering the questions? I saw on the mark scheme for the zigzag booklet they would ask us some wider evidence of wider research and clear evidence of 'synopticity'

Similar case study like what they include in the assessment but Poole didn't or any clearly successful case?

just feel panic about this exam as our school has not done much on it ....................
I've just looked at grade boundaries on past exams for this Unit....

January 2011, you only needed 42/60 UMS for an A*!
June 2011 - Only 43/60 UMS for an A*!
Reply 65
I don't suppose anybody has information concerning the traffic surveys? I have absolutely no notes for it :frown:.
I guessa null hypthesis could be: "There is no difference between the number of cars going east on the B3068 at 000 904 and the number of cars at 012 908 going north on the A350".

This is where the new bridge is going to join the two roads so you can see whether most of the traffic crossing from the B3068 side is going to go to where the new bridge is going to join up or whether they are going somewhere else (so they would not use the new bridge).
You could also use the hypothesis “The traffic type and frequency does not differ between the B3068 at GR000904 and the A350 at 012908”.
Reply 68
Original post by Mattt

Original post by Mattt
Does anyone know of any deveopments that have taken place since the AIB was prepared in 2010? as the booklet specifically says this. Obviously the bridge is nearly completed, i think the asda has been built and is open and possibly some housing?

I've found it really hard to find information on this as well, all I know is that next to the supermarket luxury apartments call Lifeboat Quay have been built and that plans have been submitted to built on the power station site.
Would appreciate it if anyone else had anymore info about this!
Reply 69
Poole Quarter has also been developed around Seldown Bridge with a Holiday Inn around there I believe also. In addition to this looking through Google street view, a small Aldi store is present also.

In Contrast, if relevant it might be worth mentioning that in November 2011, the West Quay Development was rejected for being "totally inappropriate" for the area.
All this information about recent developments is good, but does anyone have a link? Can't find anything on boroughofpoole.com :frown:
Reply 71
I'm not sure i'm going blind but I can't see the information on the poole website.

http://www.boroughofpoole.com/planning-and-buildings/regeneration/twin-sails-bridge/information-for-students/

All the page says is

"We have had many requests from A-Level Geography students recently so we have put some extra information for you to help in your studies. Good luck for the 2nd Feb!!!"

Is it the pdf on the right hand side named: Regeneration Initiative Transport Network - Information for 'A' Level Geography Students 2012 [pdf / 55KB]
Reply 72
Original post by d_aan
I'm not sure i'm going blind but I can't see the information on the poole website.

http://www.boroughofpoole.com/planning-and-buildings/regeneration/twin-sails-bridge/information-for-students/

All the page says is

"We have had many requests from A-Level Geography students recently so we have put some extra information for you to help in your studies. Good luck for the 2nd Feb!!!"

Is it the pdf on the right hand side named: Regeneration Initiative Transport Network - Information for 'A' Level Geography Students 2012 [pdf / 55KB]

Yes I believe so
Reply 73
I assume that for the traffic survey they'd want a detailed description of exactly how you'd carry it out (ie. split into two groups, tallies, stopwatches, risk assessment etc. etc.)
Reply 74
Original post by Deceiver
I assume that for the traffic survey they'd want a detailed description of exactly how you'd carry it out (ie. split into two groups, tallies, stopwatches, risk assessment etc. etc.)

If the questions asks 'How would you carry out a traffic survey?' then yes! But my teacher says be careful not to launch into it unless the question explicitly says so.
Reply 75
Does anyone have the teacher's version of the ZigZag Booklet?

I would love you forever if you would upload it :biggrin:
Reply 76
There's an awful lot regarding the ornothological and other wildlife presence in the bay (infact, 2 pages) - it's not there for the laugh so surly they're going to heavily dwell on it? (considering there's 2 pages worth).

Anybody have any presumptions how they could ask about this?
i do not care for those birds...
Reply 78
Original post by wasuuuuuuuuuuuppp
i do not care for those birds...

I reckon nobody does...
...except from the examiner! :frown:
Reply 79
Original post by sekachun
Has anyone got any other similar case study like Poole to refer to when answering the questions? I saw on the mark scheme for the zigzag booklet they would ask us some wider evidence of wider research and clear evidence of 'synopticity'

Similar case study like what they include in the assessment but Poole didn't or any clearly successful case?

just feel panic about this exam as our school has not done much on it ....................

do you have a copy of this markscheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending