The Student Room Group

Nursing UCLAN April 2012

Hi ya, anyone else got the interview for UCLAN nursing on 16th November??
Anyone who has already had theres can you give me some tips/advice. Also I have heard that if you are successful that they offer you a position there and then?
Reply 1
Hiya, are you doing the diploma or the degree? I had an interview for children's nursing degree last year at uclan but i was unsuccesful :/ Trying again this year for the adult nursing degree so fingers crossed! Is it a group interview? If you want to know anything just ask :smile:
Reply 2
Hi ya,

I have applied to do the Diploma Adult Branch. The letter says that it is a "Selection Event for Degree/Diploma. There will be small group activity, Large group discussion and a written tast. It doesn't mention an actual interview as such.

Was this similar to what you had to do?:confused:
It's similar to what i've got for a childrens nursing degree interview. I think it's just a general group interview, from what i hear it's rather informal. Good luck with your interview btw, when is it?
Reply 4
My interview is on November 16th - I am so nervous - I really want this and as it's the last intake for the Diploma it's my only chance!!!!!
Reply 5
Yep thats exactly what i had. Hardest part was the group discussion, but just make sure you have a say in it, even if you don't know what to say just say anything lol! Think from a nurse's point of view. Be confident, you can do it :smile:
Original post by EmmaBean2
My interview is on November 16th - I am so nervous - I really want this and as it's the last intake for the Diploma it's my only chance!!!!!

Would you not apply to do the degree? Just be confident :smile: everyone stands a fair chance, even if you don't get the answer you wanted it's given you the experience for your next interview. Mine's this wednesday so send me a personal message on wednesday and i'll try to get back to you with the questions. Which branch of nursing are you applying to?
Reply 7
Good luck tomorrow on your interview!! I have applied to do adult branch. Let me know how it was and what kind of questions they ask if you get a chance.
Yeah course i will i'll let you know =] and thank you, i'm reasonably confident so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. Even if it doesn't go well at least i can ask for feedback and find out where i went wrong so it's all productive! =D
oh my gosh i need help with the interview for adult nursing diploma i have tomorrow at UCLAN what test sis you have please help
Original post by EmmaBean2
Hi ya, anyone else got the interview for UCLAN nursing on 16th November??
Anyone who has already had theres can you give me some tips/advice. Also I have heard that if you are successful that they offer you a position there and then?

hello i was at this interview also! they said we'd get a reply within a week but i still havent heard anything, have you?!?!
When did you guys get your personal statement and everything sent off?
I sent mine off on the 14th of october. I didn't hear anything from UCLan for a month so I emailed them and they said they'd shortlisted me for an interview, but I still haven't heard anything about it :/
Reply 12
I had my interview for Mental Health Nursing on the 16th and found I've a place on the Saturday after.
Reply 13
Hi

Hi

I have an interview soon for the DipHe Mental Health Nursing Course at UCLAN starting in April 2012. Please can anyone advise me who has already been for an interview or has any information that would be useful. I don't have a clue what discussions are going to take place and what the written assesment will be on. I have only been told there will be a group interview and a written assesment. However i have prepared myself best I can but really nervous incase i miss something.

Ive applied for mental health nursing but now confused and think should i have applied for adult nursing? I belive the 1st year is a foundation year, does that mean in the 2nd year I migh be allowed to switch to adult nursing if i don't enjoy mental health nursing?
Reply 14
Hi when did you apply for uclan..i only applied late just after christmas and waiting to hear for mental health diploma...you wont really have learnt much specific about mental health in first year...if your not sure about mental health, ring up anon and ask would it be okay to exchange course just so you have an idea...Mary
Reply 15
Thanks Mary i am not able to change until i actually get onto the course and ask for a transfer as i heard its quite common to change in tthe first year x

Quick Reply

Latest