The Student Room Group
It's a conspiracy so we can steal your jackets. :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Who actually says that? I've never heard it myself :lolwut:
Reply 3
A lot of people see Christmas as quite a romantic time. It's a nice idea to have someone you can snuggle up with watching Crimbo films, to have a significant other to exchange presents with, to have snowball fights/go to carol services/Christmas parties with etc etc. Certain times of year make us singletons feel lonelier than at others!
Reply 4
Me and my other half looking at 3 years after Christmas! Very romantic indeed! And no-one is taking my coat, only a week old..
Reply 5
So their boyfriend can buy them a coat. Cheapskates.
Reply 6
well some blokes need a different gf for every different season.... though some might need 2-3 for the summer.

Hardly surprising girls have caught on to this.
I think this is called "a joke," and while not particularly funny, anyone of average intelligence would probably not take it seriously.
So that they have someone to cuddle up with :P
It's so they can put their FREEZING COLD hands on your back, WITHOUT your permission most of the time. Or maybe they'll wrap their arms around you for a surprise hug...but wait..it's not just affection..oh no...because BAM, they've stuck their ice hands up your t-shirt and onto your stomach and you're like "....oh my god..", and maybe..maybe you let out a little scream..like a little girl...

So yeah...that's why OP..that's why..
I've never heard of this to be honest, sounds odd.

negged for that? wow :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Christmas is just a very romantic and 'magical' time (supposedly haha), and it makes you want someone to share it with.
Reply 13
Because when winter time is here the single people don't go out and party as much as they do in the summer. So, for those crazy cold days when the only obvious choice on the weekend is to stay home, the winter boyfriend comes to the rescue with movies & hot cocoa. But do not fret it's not all chick flicks and cuddling, more often than not a winter boyfriend is also a friends w/benefits! Symbiotic Relationship my Friends. Quid Pro Quo.
Reply 14
Original post by Emilyxsan
Because when winter time is here the single people don't go out and party as much as they do in the summer. So, for those crazy cold days when the only obvious choice on the weekend is to stay home, the winter boyfriend comes to the rescue with movies & hot cocoa. But do not fret it's not all chick flicks and cuddling, more often than not a winter boyfriend is also a friends w/benefits! Symbiotic Relationship my Friends. Quid Pro Quo.

Is your opinion still valid after 2 years?
I've never heard anyone say this. Ever.

Then again the people I know are all over the age of 16.
Reply 16
I have seen a few girls on FB who have written this. Its the same every year. Those kind of girls want a bf because its cold and they can be cute and steal their bf's jumper and all that jazz but as soon as summer comes, they wanna be single again to eye up all the hot topless guys and flirt with them lol.
why are people bumping old threads...
Given the age of this thread, then I am going to lock it. Feel free to start a new discussion around the topic if you want to.

Latest