The Student Room Group

Swansea Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's getting late.. I still haven't heard anything. I was really hopeful for an interview at Swansea. My GAMSAT is good and I have plenty of work experience. :frown:
Reply 21
I was searching on new media medicine, and someone said there that they had phoned Swansea. They got told that the second batch of interview invites will be given out before the end of this week. Im guessing they will be sent out Thursday and Friday as they were last week( to give people the same amount of time to prepare?) After that if you don't get an invite you either get waitlisted or rejected.

Also one of my friends who has an interview already said she got given a sheet with group number 1 on it (does this mean anything to others who have had interviews?) and she said that there wasnt many names on it.

So heres hoping there are a lot more invites to come. Fingers crossed for you all :smile:
Original post by Annora
It's getting late.. I still haven't heard anything. I was really hopeful for an interview at Swansea. My GAMSAT is good and I have plenty of work experience. :frown:

Fingers crossed for you, though I'm certain you'll be fine!

Anybody know how many people Swansea interview, and how long the interview itself lasts?
Reply 23
Original post by Emerald Rose
Fingers crossed for you, though I'm certain you'll be fine!

Anybody know how many people Swansea interview, and how long the interview itself lasts?

Again from my stalking of NMM :wink: they interview 240 people, for 72 places. Not sure how long the interview is though.
Reply 24
Anyone heard anything from Swansea over the last few days? My hope( and my sanity) is draining.. day.. by..day :frown:
Reply 25
Hi I still haven't heard from Swansea also :frown: Must be a bad sign...
Any Swansea applicants out there? Going crrrazy?
Very much so. Just knowing that we could know any day now is driving me to distraction!
Reply 28
I think I'm going mad with all the waiting! It's worrying me not knowing what I am doing next year too. Hopefully with some luck we'll all get good news in the coming days! Good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 29
has anyone else got an interview for march 22nd?
Reply 30
Original post by 622873
has anyone else got an interview for march 22nd?

Goodluck for thurs! :smile:

According to new media medicine - Apparently there are 8 people being interviewed on thurs. I just think it's because they didn't have enough time to process everyone's application by the 10th of feb.

Original post by Levelup
I think I'm going mad with all the waiting! It's worrying me not knowing what I am doing next year too. Hopefully with some luck we'll all get good news in the coming days! Good luck to everyone :smile:

I feel exactly the same! Swansea is my only hope now otherwise I have to re-think medicine.
According to new media medicine - 40 offers have been given out already to those people who scored very highly overall. Rejections have also been given out. I've had nothing yet :frown: I just want to be put out of my misery!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mogambo
According to new media medicine - 40 offers have been given out already to those people who scored very highly overall. Rejections have also been given out. I've had nothing yet :frown: I just want to be put out of my misery!

Same! :frown: All the waiting is driving me to distraction. I've come to terms with the fact that odds are I'll be rejected, I just want to know either way so I can start making alternative plans if I need to. I haven't come across anyone (on here/NMM/Facebook) that's been rejected from Swansea post-interview. Don't know what that means for our chances :confused:
Reply 32
Same! :frown: All the waiting is driving me to distraction. I've come to terms with the fact that odds are I'll be rejected, I just want to know either way so I can start making alternative plans if I need to. I haven't come across anyone (on here/NMM/Facebook) that's been rejected from Swansea post-interview. Don't know what that means for our chances :confused:

Same here but I kind of felt that I did screw up the interview afterwards though....I was so nervous! I never usually let nerves get to me so much but it did on the day. I also actually felt that my interviewers were really nice! I had the odd dodgy question but nothing too far fetched. I think the interviewers could also see I was nervous. Ahh! I'm just so annoyed with myself...because I could've had an amazing interview. I guess it's something that I need to work on next time (well if I decide to apply again!)
Reply 33
Ahhh all the waiting is making me crazy! Has anyone heard anything?
No, nothing...I think some more offers have gone out. The longer the wait goes on the worse I feel about it all!
Reply 35
No, nothing...I think some more offers have gone out. The longer the wait goes on the worse I feel about it all!

:hugs:

Same! :frown:
Reply 36
WTF are swansea doing???? C'mon Swansea! I am losing my patience now :frown:
Me too :frown: According to NMM, all of the offers have now gone out, they're just waiting for people to withdraw or reject offers before they send out more. Saying that they sent out a load yesterday so I don't know WHAT to think. Have we been rejected? Waiting-listed? What?
Reply 38
Hmmm...but surely if we've been rejected, we would've been told by now? I just remember that on the interview day they told us about the way in which the interview would be marked out of 50? and that if you scored under 20 (I think!) you would not be recommended for an offer....so shouldn't that make things easier for them to make a decision? I really don't understand why all the waiting around. And if we are on the waiting list, I wish they would just email us and tell us! It's really agonising not knowing where you stand! Arrrghhh! I just want to know if I should dedicate my summer to the gamsat again!
I can see this waiting game being stretched till may as I think that's the official UCAS deadline anyway by which swansea would have to let us know of their decision and waiting to see what happens with those holding conditional offers of a 2.1.
Reply 39
Hello!

I thought I'd revive this thread. Got an unconditional offer from Swansea last week and have put it as my Firm choice! Anyone else here heading off to Swansea?

Quick Reply