The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd recommend talking to your GP about it they might be able to recommend something that doesnt involve hormones. Don't be embarrassed about it GPs understand that PMS is a serious problem that can seriously affect peoples lives so don't keep quite about it.
Reply 2
little_red_sox
Guys my PMT is getting beyond nasty.
For a couple of days before my period, and a few days at the start of it, I turn into satan herself. I even kicked my boyfriend out of the house yesterday for no reason at all. I just feel full of anger and hate, and I just snap at anyone, regardless of what they say to me.

My friends often laugh it off (it's a good job i suppose) but its not funny. I can't seem to concentrate during this time and any kind of stressful situation (like my exams this week) reduces me to tears.

Combined with the night sweats/period pain/sore boobs/bloating ect I absolutely dread my period. Its also always been very heavy and painful.

I cant even have the pill because I have a strong family history of thrombosis. :mad:

I know I may get a few comments from guys taking the pi*s, but am I alone? Is there anything anybody can recommend which doesn't involve taking hormones?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated :smile:

I know this will sound like an old wives tale, but chinese herbs seemed to work for me they calmed me down etc they also helped with anxiety.
Anyway I think you should warn people about this pms so they know not to hold it against you, if your really bad maybe ask your doctor he could probably give you something else to help.
Reply 3
yes chinese herbs are amazing!!! they help a lot with many a things, well they have for me, try them
Reply 4
st johns wort can do wonders :smile:
Reply 5
Evening Primrose Oil :wink:
Reply 6
try evening primrose oil, it made me feel a lot more balanced.
Reply 7
i SWEAR there's like PMT going round at the moment.

i never get it and suffered a very bad case of it the other night. i was left feeling like my friends were leaving me out of things, that i couldnt cope with family and school work all for no reason at all.

and then my boyfriend upset me over some really silly thing that i took really irrationally. and i cried.

and then i cried cos i was angry at him and the poor guy didnt have a clue. and then i got all upset cos its not actually his fault that he's an idiot.

then he was nice to me and i cried some more after i explained everything.

inetresting night :biggrin:

but if its really getting you down, talk to your GP. and herbal remedies can be absolutly amazing so i guess anything is worht a try if its really getting you down. :smile:
Reply 8
this sort of pmt's a bit more predictable.
Reply 9
I completely agree! Evening primrose oil works wonders for mood swings and id no!

I used to be exactly how you described yourself and suffered really badly with pmt and my mum suggested evening primrose oil and it takes a while to work but after a while u really do notice a difference :smile:
Yeah, definitely evening primrose oil! I used to spend half the month alternately wanting to kill myself and other people, but now I have the evening primrose oil it's way better, I don't get depressed over stupid things nearly so much. I really notice the difference if i forget to take it for a while.
Grrr, I hate periods. And all they do is allow you to get pregnant which is supposed to be even worse and gives you babies which are annoying. Bring on maturation chambers! :wink:
Reply 11
Try eating foods which are known to lower your hormonal levels.

Latest

Trending

Trending