The Student Room Group

Guys haircut

This may sound a bit silly but I’ll post it anyway :redface:

If a guy hasn’t had a haircut since beginning of term (September) and then he does, if I make a comment like “congrats on the haircut!” is it any flirting? I do NOT want it to be.
He is my friend but he is the shy quiet type so I don’t want him to think anything as such.

Thanks!
:biggrin:
Reply 1
Why would you say it anyway? Why have you posted anonymous for this? Why are you so worried he might think your flirting?

So many questions so little time.
Reply 2
Congratulations on what? Sitting down for 20 minutes?
congrats on the haircut

ummmm i personally dont think thats flirty in the slightest. if hes your friend then you really shouldnt worry about what you say to him.
now if you were to say something like "ooo i like your haircut makes you look sooooooooo hot" *wink*...them maybe yes that would be flirty.
Anonymous
This may sound a bit silly but I’ll post it anyway :redface:

If a guy hasn’t had a haircut since beginning of term (September) and then he does, if I make a comment like “congrats on the haircut!” is it any flirting? I do NOT want it to be.
He is my friend but he is the shy quiet type so I don’t want him to think anything as such.

Thanks!
:biggrin:

If I was the guy in question, I would probably think you were taking the piss or mocking me if you worded it like that!
Wowww... so basically, you just had a haircut and a MALE friend says 'Congrats on the Haircut' and you think he's coming on to you?

Wow!
Reply 6
in a word. NO
Reply 7
Sounds sarcastic to me, like "congratulations you...

1. had enough money to buy a haircut
2. finally bothered to look good for once
3. finally realised you needed a haircut.
By haircut, do you mean pubic hair? If you do, then it would be considered flirting and homo
Reply 9
I guess if you're a naturally flirty person or if he's interested in you he could interpret it that way if he really put his mind to it but you're not really giving him much to go on. You shouldn't let what you say be controlled by paranoia that it may come across as flirting. Anyway, what's the big deal, everyone indulges in a bit of flirting now and then, it's good fun :biggrin:
Why does this thread need to be anonymous? grr
Just say "nice haircut" i say it all the time, to girls and guys, it doesn't mean I fancy them at all! In fact, I compliment my friends all the time, they do the same to me!!
Reply 12
If he is a mate u shouldnt worry about it....but anyway maybe the guy doesnt want to be noticed maybe he just wants to be left alone

funny comments from you guys before lolol

From John Wood
Reply 13
If you think thats flirting I am very worried for you.

One-Prophecy
By haircut, do you mean pubic hair? If you do, then it would be considered flirting and homo

This made me lol :biggrin:
Reply 14
Can't you just say "Ohh, like the hair. :smile:"?
Reply 15
Yes I do think it'll be a bit flirty, it's almost like saying if you want to marry him! Don't you dare put his hopes up like that, you evil, evil person! :rolleyes:
Yes I do think it'll be a bit flirty, it's almost like saying if you want to marry him! Don't you dare put his hopes up like that, you evil, evil person

:gfight: hehe
My lord, Freud.