The Student Room Group

HAs your class nearly finished unit one ?

We are doing AQA, we have about two chapters to go ¬_¬

anyone finished?
Reply 1
Original post by Tabbris
We are doing AQA, we have about two chapters to go ¬_¬

anyone finished?

If I were you, I would start revising just before the end of term. Constantly lol
Reply 2
Original post by Doctor.
If I were you, I would start revising just before the end of term. Constantly lol

-Um, thanks for the tip!!I've already started-ish although it is a tab bit laid backI should tighten it more. Are you suggesting it's bad we haven't finished or just randomly giving out advice because you care about everyone?
We're on WJEC and we just have a little bit on kinetics left.
Reply 4
Original post by Tabbris
-Um, thanks for the tip!!I've already started-ish although it is a tab bit laid backI should tighten it more. Are you suggesting it's bad we haven't finished or just randomly giving out advice because you care about everyone?

I care about everyone :colone:. lol
Reply 5
We've nearly finished the first 3 chapter so 3 more to go (Periodicity is next :L) - AQA this is
Reply 6
Original post by Part A
We've nearly finished the first 3 chapter so 3 more to go (Periodicity is next :L) - AQA this is

Ah periodicity isn't really bad, for AQA they have pretty much covered it in the previous chapters. It's more like -additional details.

The last two chapters, might be a little squeeze to get finished :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by Doctor.
Ah periodicity isn't really bad, for AQA they have pretty much covered it in the previous chapters. It's more like -additional details.

The last two chapters, might be a little squeeze to get finished :s-smilie:

Just did it today, doesn't seem too hard! yeah worried we won't finish in time but we probably will! Not looking forward to the exam though...
We have done half of chapter 1, half of chapter 2, and half of chapter 6.

I have a one way ticket to no medical school unless I do home revision...

P.S. to those worrying about the exam, I did one today and I got 67/100 UMS, don't panic, much of it is exam technique (I am saying this as I haven't done most of it) and you need to practice answers where you have scientific terminology to put in.

Like with electrostatic forces... remember, it's 'oppositely charged ions' and not just ions. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by AspiringGenius
We have done half of chapter 1, half of chapter 2, and half of chapter 6.

I have a one way ticket to no medical school unless I do home revision...

P.S. to those worrying about the exam, I did one today and I got 67/100 UMS, don't panic, much of it is exam technique (I am saying this as I haven't done most of it) and you need to practice answers where you have scientific terminology to put in.

Like with electrostatic forces... remember, it's 'oppositely charged ions' and not just ions. :smile:

99% of these new exams are technique. Sucks for the people who know the stuff, but are unable to grasp how to write it down 'properly'.
Reply 10
Doing OCR Salters here, we're coming to the end of Developing Fuels, just doing entropy now and catalysis.
Reply 11
Original post by Zhy
Doing OCR Salters here, we're coming to the end of Developing Fuels, just doing entropy now and catalysis.

Bloody hell, AQA do Entropy and Catalysis (VO3/ Auto Catalysis) in Unit 5 :eek:. Salters must be hard.
I'm on OCR and we finished Unit 1 about two weeks ago. We've now started the work for June, although at the beginning of December we'll start revising Unit 1 in class.

Edit: Hang on, are we talking Unit 1 of AS specifically? We've just finished Unit 1 of the A2 work, but that's technically Unit 3 :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by TattyBoJangles
I'm on OCR and we finished Unit 1 about two weeks ago. We've now started the work for June, although at the beginning of December we'll start revising Unit 1 in class.

Edit: Hang on, are we talking Unit 1 of AS specifically? We've just finished Unit 1 of the A2 work, but that's technically Unit 3 :p:

I don't think it matters what unit you're talking about lol :biggrin:. You've finised unit 1 of the A2 unit quite quickly lol :eek:. Well done :smile:
Just hit the past papers and you'll do amazing!!
Reply 14
Original post by TattyBoJangles

OCR Chemistry Salters B (F334)? Or OCR Chemistry A?

I have to do F332, F334 and F335 in a year, not looking forward to my June timetable. :frown:
Original post by Zhy
OCR Chemistry Salters B (F334)? Or OCR Chemistry A?

I have to do F332, F334 and F335 in a year, not looking forward to my June timetable. :frown:

I'm doing F334 and finding it really difficult:frown:
Not yet. Still need to do titrations, water of crystallisation (our teacher thinks we should do the practical first so we can understand the content better) and a bit of module 3: group 2 and 7 trends and stuff like that.
Reply 17
Original post by Doctor.
99% of these new exams are technique. Sucks for the people who know the stuff, but are unable to grasp how to write it down 'properly'.

It might suck for them but they are the reason that you get better marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending