The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Calling all Feb 2012 TU100 students!

Hi All,
I have just signed up for the February intake of the TU100 ( my Digital life ) course with the OU, I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there? At the moment it seems as though there is tumble-weed on the prairie, is it just me or the seclusion of online life? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am going to take a massive risk here and post. After seeing all the other TU100 posters disappear, I am worried I might get sucked into the same alien based vortex. :frown:

I am signed up for February and am looking forward to it. I have not done any IT based modules at the OU before (not any modules over 10 points!), so it will be something different! I have been working mainly on short science modules, but this course appealed to me, mainly because of the cool looking senseboard.

Oh no…..the vortex is coming….my last ever post….. ARGHHHHHHH!!!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I am not too worried about that vortex, i would probably worry it and it would spit me out :biggrin:

I am signed up for TU100 starting in Feb too :smile:
Reply 3
I'm signed up for Feb 2012, can't wait to start!! and the vortex would have to be the size of a black hole to get me inside
Reply 4
Hi all
I'm more or less signed up - just waiting for everything to finalise. I'm also starting TT284 (web technologies) in February too, really looking forward to it - it's been a while since my last couple of modules so it'll be good to get the grey matter working again!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi boys 'n' girls im signed up for the course, my first time studying at the ou! So be gentle with me :wink:
really looking forward to it, as you say jenny be good to get the grey matter working again, now if only i could remember where i put it .............
Reply 6
Hi there!
I've also signed up for the February 2012 module. Quite apprehensive as I haven't studied for years! Does anyone know anyone already studying this module? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by rjcotterill
Hi there!
I've also signed up for the February 2012 module. Quite apprehensive as I haven't studied for years! Does anyone know anyone already studying this module? :smile:

Hi everyone!

I'm signed up for Feb too and really looking forward to it. I don't know anyone on the course already but have posted in the Oct 2011 forum asking if anyone there can give any advice to us on study topics / reading material so we can get a bit of a head start. I'll let you all know if anyone helps out!
Reply 8
Original post by Ecotox
I'll let you all know if anyone helps out!

Good luck with that, they have all been "beamed up" by senseboard loving alien invaders. :frown:
Reply 9
Hi all,

Im also on the TU100 starting in Feb, Im very excited as i work in ICT full time but never pulled my finger out to earn the degree :biggrin:

If anyone has any ''heads-up'' info on what we will be studying then share the wealth!

Ill make a facebook page called ''TU100 Feb 2012 Students'' feel free to look it up and join! Ill make it when i get home!
Reply 10
This is getting close now! According to StudentHome, the first batch of materials is due to be dispatched on 13 January :eek: .

I have now passed "Science Starts Here" and am almost finished with "Start Writing Fiction". Then I will be all go for TU100, am bricking it though as have not done any module worth more than 10 points before. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Yep me too, newbie for the TU100 but an oldie on the binaries. burnt my digits back in 95 on my first pc loved it. back then it was smoking on dial up , good old days huh :smile: but i love a new challenge. box arrived with all the bits and this sense board lit up like a rainbow .:eek:
Reply 12
My kit arrived yesterday as well! Was lucky as my girlfriend had the day off so was able to sign for it.

It looks a bit daunting sat there in the box with 4 books and 2 DVDs. Haven’t had a chance yet to play with it properly.
Reply 13
I have just had a parcel delivered to my house, im not sure if its the tu100 package or the mu123... could be both!! Whatever it is, exciting times are ahead!
Reply 14
Looks complicated
Reply 15
Original post by LenJ2007
I have just had a parcel delivered to my house, im not sure if its the tu100 package or the mu123... could be both!! Whatever it is, exciting times are ahead!

Hi

Received mine the other day, just opened it. A bit to be done before the actual course starts.
Reply 16
Original post by adam_11
Looks complicated

It is really daunting when you open the box. I didn’t realise you had to build the Senseboard yourself, there are quite a few books etc.

But I started reading through the book for Block One last night and it seems ok. Starts off very basic and so I would imagine it will gradually build into the more complex stuff.
Reply 17
Ive installed software and had a read. Looks ok at the minute Nervous tho!!
Reply 18
ok it says the course starts feb the 4th

but do i have to start anything now? do i set the sense board up? read the book?r just wait til feb

I'm Comfused

any tips?
Reply 19
Original post by adam_11
ok it says the course starts feb the 4th

but do i have to start anything now? do i set the sense board up? read the book?r just wait til feb

I'm Comfused

any tips?

If this is anything like the other modules that I have done, when the course website opens (which I think is next week), you should have a study planner. This will (hopefully!) break down week by week what you should be doing/where you should be. It is not a 100% guide though, some people will lag behind, some will be miles in front.

At the moment there is nothing we have to be doing (that I know of!!) but it doesn’t hurt to read a bit of the book to get a feel for things. However, it is very useful to check that you can install the software on your PC and that your senseboard works! Otherwise you might be delayed while the OU send you replacements and that could cause you to fall behind!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending