Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

How I survive being the yongest student on my course and living at home

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know it's quite late to be starting a freshers blog but hey, better late than never ey?

Well I'm 17 and living at home in arbroath whilst at uni in dundee. Its an hour commute including the walk across town from my house to the train station but I quite like the early morning walk. Gives me a chance to wake-up, listen to some uplifting music on my ipod and text the friends whos alarm clocks are somewhat unreliable.

Only thing is, everyone assumes you have your parents around to do everything? Not in my house. My parents are divorced, so its me, my mum and my very dependant little sister. Mum works late shifts, so after a long day at uni, I pick up the shpping on my way home, cook for me and my sister, help said sister with homwork and then walk our 3 year old labrador before finally setting down to do all the work I have. And yes, I have to do all my own washing. Easier to live in halls right? Well for some mad reason I still love my family and like to be around them. I like my little routine. And I don't have fire drills every morning like my friends living in halls. And no one touches my food

As for being the youngest, I'm not a huge partier. I've been out twice since I started uni, but thats plenty for me. Sure I love a good party, but I like sleep more. I struggle to stay awake in a 9am lecture after 7-8 hours sleep, forget after stumbling in at 3am and having a pounding headache.

So thats me. I'll explain more about my course later but I have a workshop in half an hour and I need some sugar before that haha
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Arbroath

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 8, 2011
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.