The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Thank's for everyone's reply's! I emailed Lincoln today asking wether the C in GCSE Science is 100% Necessary - hopefully they reply saying I can apply I am very persuaded, the uni and town look's and sounds lovely! :smile:

Edit: Nevermind :frown:

The requirement is that applicants have GCSE grade C science; if
applicants do not have science at GCSE to meet the requirement but have
taken science at AS or A2 this may be counted.

If you do not have the minimum of GCSE grade C science then we may not
be able to consider you for the programme.

Regards

Alison Wright

--

Look's like I wont be applying then :frown: Ugh
(edited 12 years ago)
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Ive got a unconditional offer for american studies at lincoln and currently gap yearing. can't wait
Reply 82
Original post by flandalf
It has the Waterside centre in town which is a ten minute walk from the uni and has Primark, Topshop, New Look, Internacionale and some other random shops and it's on the high street anyway which has pretty much everything else. There's not a lot more you could want other than I think somebody mentioned there is now H&M or Zara. There are a lot of bars on the Brayford itself and in the uphill area of town too (:

awww ok coool awesome:colondollar: it has everything i need so thats good but i really wanted H&M thou lool but thanks :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by Unununium
yeah lincolns nightlife is really buzzing :biggrin: they've just opened a new £3 million club which has 8 bars, 6 rooms over 3 floors :biggrin:

and yeah shopping is pretty decent 2, there are 2 shopping centres, waterside centre is right on the high street and they have an indoor market :smile: most of the classic high street shops are there and then there are some boutique shops up 'steep hill' which is up the hill towards the cathedral :smile:

awesome:biggrin: loool am looking forward to live in lincoln lool.. its lincoln close to nottingham by any chance :colondollar:
Reply 84
Original post by lozzyhickers
In addition to all that there's also St Marks shopping centre which is literally a 2min walk away!

coool thanks :biggrin:
just got a conditional offer from lincoln, for criminology :smile: (no inerview required) 240 ucas points overall :biggrin:
Reply 86
I got my offer about 3 weeks ago... 300 points for Law. Was absolutely ecstatic!
Original post by san300
awesome:biggrin: loool am looking forward to live in lincoln lool.. its lincoln close to nottingham by any chance :colondollar:

yup :smile: less than £10 by train :smile:
Reply 88
yup :smile: less than £10 by train :smile:

awwww coool thanks... am guessing its not far from lincoln then :biggrin:
Original post by san300
awwww coool thanks... am guessing its not far from lincoln then :biggrin:

nope not too far at all :smile: bout 40 or so minutes by car, maybe a bit less :smile:
Reply 90
My first offer.
Course: Law
Offer: Conditional
Conditions: Grade 3 or higher in 2 Advanced Placement exams and High School Graduate Diploma with a C or higher in English.
I've been living in the United States temporarily so I have to do their version of things.

Also guys what is it like arriving and stuff? Easy to settle in?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by ialexg
My first offer.
Course: Law
Offer: Conditional
Conditions: Grade 3 or higher in 2 Advanced Placement exams and High School Graduate Diploma with a C or higher in English.
I've been living in the United States temporarily so I have to do their version of things.

Also guys what is it like arriving and stuff? Easy to settle in?

i guess it will be easy to settle in
Reply 92
Got an offer for History & Politics. Bit skeptical whether Lincoln is the right choice for me anymore, I've seen some pretty poor reviews. Anyone studying their currently?
Original post by LukeT94
Got an offer for History & Politics. Bit skeptical whether Lincoln is the right choice for me anymore, I've seen some pretty poor reviews. Anyone studying their currently?

My fiance and I are studying there at the moment, and we can both give some great reviews. Any questions, just ask! :smile:
Reply 94
Thanks :smile: There was poor reviews for everywhere so I suppose it's just preference. Can't decide whether Huddersfield or Lincoln will be my first choice
im a fresher here :smile: so feel free to ask me any questions :biggrin:
Reply 96
nope not too far at all :smile: bout 40 or so minutes by car, maybe a bit less :smile:

awwww ok coool seeen
Original post by Maxii
anyone else studying English and Journalism in Lincoln uni as their firm?

I'm considering it! I'm a drop out so I already have my A levels (ABC). Can I ask where else you're applying to? I'm having troubles finding uni's around the ABC/BBB/300 points mark.
Reply 98
Original post by StefanieLouise
I'm considering it! I'm a drop out so I already have my A levels (ABC). Can I ask where else you're applying to? I'm having troubles finding uni's around the ABC/BBB/300 points mark.

I applied to lincoln for english and journalism 280 points
derby for media writing and creative writing 260-300 points
De Montfort for creative writing and journalism 260 points
Chester for journalism and creative writing 240-280 points
i also applied to staffordshire uni but i withdrew my application

another uni that looked quite good for english and journalism was hertfordshire uni and i think that asked for 300 points too

hope this helps u :smile:
Reply 99
Applying for deferred entry for Equine Sports Science :smile:))))

Quick Reply

Latest