The Student Room Group

How far do you walk each day to university?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
20 - 25 mins, though likely to go up to round 30 - 40 mins in the new year.
I have a 10 minute walk to the train station, followed by a 20 min train ride then a 30 min walk. That's if I can stay at my boyfriends. If I have to stay at home there is another 10 min walk and 30 min bus ride added to that. But only in twice a week so not too bad. Both 9am starts, though!
1hr 15min drive!

would be a bit of a trek on foot from Exeter to Plymouth!
10 minute walk to the station, 1 hour 20/30 depending which station I change at and a 5 minute walk to campus from the station.
Orrr, I could drive and that takes me an hour.
35-40mins, get the bus during winter (£1.30), walk during summer.
I live just over the road from uni, but have to walk right across campus to get to my building, which usually takes 5-10 minutes :yep:
10 min walk to bus stop, 50 min bus ride, 10 min walk to uni.
i'm about a 20-25min bus ride..

my uni is in the middle of no where - walking it from where i live n Bath take about an hour and 15mins
40-45 minutes. And tbh I'm glad I have to walk this far. Some days it's the only exercise I get :redface:
Reply 89
20-25 minutes' walk. I don't mind it at all :smile:
10-15 minutes, across a park - horrible at the moment because it's so freaking cold and the trees provide no cover from the wind.
Reply 91
30 min walk, the bus is too packed when it gets to our halls, which is pretty useless. Living much closer to uni next year though.
I walk two minutes to Uni :smile:
Takes me 20 minutes maximum.
About 1 minute. Just have to cross a road to get onto campus.
i live in the city centre, and i pay £2.50 a day for the bus about 30 mins on average.
I'm a mile away when I'm at my flat and 2 miles when I'm at my boyfriend's house. I can do the former in 20 mins and the latter takes about 35, thinks it's a bit more than 2 miles actually.

Know what you mean about the contrast to first year though, when I was in Halls I could roll out of bed 15 minutes before lectures, good times.
Reply 97
25 minute walk to the train station, then a 15-20 minute train, then a 15 minute walk to campus.
35 minute walk, which is amazingly fun in winter. :emo:
30mins or so. Everything is a 30min walk in Edinburgh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending