The Student Room Group

9th november Maths AQA GCSE Exam

Scroll to see replies

Was it offer 2 for that one question about buying and selling the car ?
Original post by Xx1CALUM1xX
Was it offer 2 for that one question about buying and selling the car ?

Yup I believe it was offer 2. I also remember writing 10 & 5 for the disc question along with 5,12 & 29 for the range question. Hope somebody makes an unofficial mark scheme.
Got offer 2 and 5,12,29. Didn't do the disk 1 butkus anyone to last que???
Reply 23
Original post by blueray
:biggrin: No need to worry

:lol: sarcasm thread now...

What? That was serious! Seriously, there is a large amount of work that comes with A levels (although I don't think the jump is as big as people make it out to be), just think, you have the longest summer of your life after the exams! :ahee:
Reply 24
Original post by Etoile

Original post by Etoile
What? That was serious! Seriously, there is a large amount of work that comes with A levels (although I don't think the jump is as big as people make it out to be), just think, you have the longest summer of your life after the exams! :ahee:

:lol: I see that as revision time as well :biggrin:
Reply 25
hmm, i cant remember my answer for the last question , but did you get like 33mph? and then find the area of this histogram for that? i'm unsure:frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yep i did get the value 33mph in my workin but then i found thae area for that and took it away from the amount of cars left over 30mph. Im sure the question said what is the prob of two cars picked at random being above 10% the speed limit.
Reply 27
Original post by blueray
:lol: I see that as revision time as well :biggrin:

Revision time for what?
Reply 28
yeah so then you do like the area for that over how many cars times the area thing -1 of the how many cars -1? i cant remember :L haahh is there any unofficial answers?
Reply 29
Original post by Etoile

Original post by Etoile
Revision time for what?

For my alveels of course :biggrin: Don't want to be behind :lol:
Original post by moo13
hmm, i cant remember my answer for the last question , but did you get like 33mph? and then find the area of this histogram for that? i'm unsure:frown:

I think I wrote what somebody else here said, 581/83250
I believe i found 33mph or something then done like eg x/y * x-1/y-1
I used probability anyhow... i think i found the 33mph using the table though, not the histogram so i could have messed up, not sure! :P
Also for the question with the probability tree, did you guys write that it was more likely for them to be 2 different genders than 2 of the same?
Reply 32
I was same gender because FF and MM = 5/9
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 33
Also what was the counter question again? I can't actually remember it :P
Reply 34
Original post by blueray
For my alveels of course :biggrin: Don't want to be behind :lol:

Make the most of the summer in between A levels and GCSEs, believe me you don't need to start doing any work in that break, just enjoy it!
yeah i wasn't really sure about my answer for last question.:/
i did 30x1.10=33
then 3 (class width) x 12 (frequency density)=36
36/1000 x 35/999 = 7/5550
is that right? :/
Reply 36
i didnt get that, i probably got that wrong
Reply 37
the answer for the last one was 581/83250 i think!
it was 84/1000x83/999?
I THINK ANYWAY, i could be wrong!
Reply 38
what did you get?
:mad::mad:got 1 mark of A* again! :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest