The Student Room Group

"Assess the ways in which people and organisations prepare for and respond to...

...seismic hazard threats"

This is for AQA A2 Geography. It's worth 10 marks.

I would like some advice on the structure. Would you define anything first? Or not?

What other information should I include?

Thanks in advance.
:redface:
Reply 1
Original post by Sophie1805
...seismic hazard threats"

This is for AQA A2 Geography. It's worth 10 marks.

I would like some advice on the structure. Would you define anything first? Or not?

What other information should I include?

Thanks in advance.
:redface:

Hi, I'm doing Cambridge Pre-U Geography (equivalent to an A-Level) and there are often questions like this for 9 or 10 marks. I would suggest starting off by defining what is meant by a seismic hazard (e.g. earthquake), and perhaps make the link that the hazard poses a threat to life, property and environment.

Definitely include case studies at different scales and levels of development. Compare and contrast more and less economically developed countries - maybe San Francisco earthquake (Loma Prieta) 1989 vs. Haiti earthquake 2010. Even more recent may be Turkey 2011 or Japan Earthquake and Tsunami, March 2011. If you use Japan you could bring in tsunamis and how they are a seismic hazard.

Include primary and secondary responses and also management in the long-term, remember it's not just about temporary aid, it's about rebuilding for the future.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Cetacea
Hi, I'm doing Cambridge Pre-U Geography (equivalent to an A-Level) and there are often questions like this for 9 or 10 marks. I would suggest starting off by defining what is meant by a seismic hazard (e.g. earthquake), and perhaps make the link that the hazard poses a threat to life, property and environment.

Definitely include case studies at different scales and levels of development. Compare and contrast more and less economically developed countries - maybe San Francisco earthquake (Loma Prieta) 1989 vs. Haiti earthquake 2010. Even more recent may be Turkey 2011 or Japan Earthquake and Tsunami, March 2011. If you use Japan you could bring in tsunamis and how they are a seismic hazard.

Include primary and secondary responses and also management in the long-term, remember it's not just about temporary aid, it's about rebuilding for the future.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very very much!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending