The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bumblebee17
Happy I'm not the only one who goes to pot in exams. :smile: Where abouts do you come from? Are you from Wales as you've applied for Aber and Bangor?

Nope not from Wales, I'm from Derby...well Derbyshire really, about 13 miles up the A38 from Derby but it's easier to say Derby.

I've applied for Aber and Bangor as I don't want to stay local and I don't want to live in a huge city such as Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool etc. I've noticed that the Welsh uni's requirements tended to be lower than English ones that aren't as good as the Wlesh ones.

My other choice, Lincoln, is my 'near home' choice as I'm a self confessed Derby County nutter (home/away, league/cup etc I'll be at the match). If I went to Lincoln I could still get to most matches, Aber/Bangor wise I wouldn't be able to. :frown:

Fee's wise I'd love to come from Wales with my choices!! :tongue:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 21
Conditional offer for French and Linguistics :biggrin:
Original post by cspd
Conditional offer for French and Linguistics :biggrin:

Well done!! Do you think you'll achieve the offer conditions? :smile:
Psychology offer, Bangor'll definitely be my firm as I love it!
when are people going to the visit days? :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by The Optimistic Ram
Well done!! Do you think you'll achieve the offer conditions? :smile:

Thank you! You too:smile: And I think so. They want 25 IB points and I'm predicted 37-40 so I think I'll be alright (I hope so at least!). Yourself?
Reply 25
Original post by Niiiiiiiiiick
Psychology offer, Bangor'll definitely be my firm as I love it!
when are people going to the visit days? :smile:

Going to an admission day on the 11th Feb!! :smile:
Original post by cspd
Thank you! You too:smile: And I think so. They want 25 IB points and I'm predicted 37-40 so I think I'll be alright (I hope so at least!). Yourself?

So you're smashing your conditions then!!! That's amazing. :smile:
My offer is for 280 UCAS points, with a B & a C. It's achievable if I work to what I'm capable of working at so fingers crossed. :smile:

Going to an admission day on the 11th Feb!! :smile:

Oh applicants admission days!! I've not had my offer letters yet off Bangor or Aberystwyth, had it off Lincoln mind you. It's all exciting stuff!! :biggrin:
Reply 27
Do you think every department does one? It just said Arts and Humanities department on the form.
Do you think every department does one? It just said Arts and Humanities department on the form.

I can only guess and say yes, but then your question said do I think....hmm. I'll ask the uni's on their facebook pages. I'll post back here when I hear/read any news.
(edited 12 years ago)
Anybody applied for primary ed at Bangor?!?!?!?
Got an offer today for psychology :smile:
Original post by OldManTrafford

Original post by OldManTrafford
Got an offer today for psychology :smile:

Moved to the Bangor applicants thread. Several people here have offers.
I've applied for English with creative writing :smile: ....no news yet though...

I've applied to Aberystwyth aswell....but I havn't been to Aber's open day. Bangor and Aber had their open days on the same day and it was an "eenie meenie minie moe" situation
Psychology offer :smile: It's my firm choice, so happy!
I've already posted, just realised... Sorry guys I'm new to TSR.
Reply 35
How long did it take Bangor to make an offer?
Offer for history, 280 ucas points :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Tina.j

For me, I applied on the 10th of November and got an offer on the 17th.
Original post by Tina.j

For me, my application was processed on the 8th November and I had a offer on the 15th. Same timespan of cspd above. :smile: good luck!

Original post by Katie_Saint
Offer for history, 280 ucas points :smile:

Wooh!!! congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by Tina.j

6 days here

Quick Reply