The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tina.j
How long did it take Bangor to make an offer?

Applied on 7th November, got an offer on the 10th :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 41
Thanks guys
It's only been since Monday so hopefully I will know either way soon!!!!
Original post by DarwinsDevotee
Zoology with Animal behaviour - conditional offer and a low one at that :smile:

I'm doing zoology and animal behaviour starting in 2012 too. Have you decided whether you're going to Bangor?
Reply 43
Just got an offer for psychology at Bangor.
Really confused now as i didn't think i'd get an offer and got to like a couple of my other choices.
I loved it when i went there, but i'm really worried about the nightlife. I live in wolverhampton atm and it has a distinctly average nightlife according to people who go places like Liverpool and Derby but i can have a decent night there so i'm not particularly hard to please. Anyone else worried or know much about the nightlife?
Reply 44
Original post by JBullyWBA
Really confused now as i didn't think i'd get an offer and got to like a couple of my other choices.
I loved it when i went there, but i'm really worried about the nightlife. I live in wolverhampton atm and it has a distinctly average nightlife according to people who go places like Liverpool and Derby but i can have a decent night there so i'm not particularly hard to please. Anyone else worried or know much about the nightlife?

I too am a bit worried about the nightlife :frown:
Reply 45
Original post by cspd

Me too! Bangor is my first choice & i've got a conditional but i'm from Birmingham so i'm used a lot of nightlife, i've heard that Bangor has about 5 clubs, just depends if they are good or not :/
I spose, with the right people anywhere can be fun :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by JBullyWBA

I'm in the same boat! I live nearby your area, near Birmingham so i'm used to a big night life. But theres about 5 clubs and loads of bars so it shouldnt be that bad :/ Btw i've applied for Psychology at bangor too! and have a conditional offer :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by LJPitcher
Me too! Bangor is my first choice & i've got a conditional but i'm from Birmingham so i'm used a lot of nightlife, i've heard that Bangor has about 5 clubs, just depends if they are good or not :/
I spose, with the right people anywhere can be fun :smile:

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't really matter what the nightlife's like as long I'm with the right people :smile:
Reply 48
I'm in the same boat! I live nearby your area, near Birmingham so i'm used to a big night life. But theres about 5 clubs and loads of bars so it shouldnt be that bad :/ Btw i've applied for Psychology at bangor too! and have a conditional offer :smile:

Ahh well i heard there was two but loads of pubs and they were building a new SU. Anyone know anything about that?
Reply 49
Original post by cspd

Well, i found this!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/northwest/sites/bangor_life/pages/cm_pubs.shtml

EDIT: and this: http://www.studential.com/bio/reviews.asp
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Hiya!
I have just received an invitation for a Child nursing interview up at Bangor and was wondering if anyone had any tips they could share with me :smile:
Reply 51

Yeah it seems like theres loads of pubs there! and theres apparently a new nightclub just opened, and then theres Octagon or something, Academi, and like 2 others which ive forgotten the name of :/ but yeah i've been to an open day and it seemed okay. plus bangor has the beach which people can go to! :biggrin: have you got offers back yet?
Reply 52
Embassy and base are the other two!!
Reply 53
Original post by cspd
Yeah, I guess it wouldn't really matter what the nightlife's like as long I'm with the right people :smile:

yeah, i just hope that the majority of people are up for a drink and night out, but because its known as quiet wales i just hope its not all quiet people who dont want to go out who go there haa :frown:
Reply 54
On a gap year doing bio medicine at Bangor in 2012. Good luck everyone hope you get the grades you need. I know this seems a long way of but on results day even if you have got your grades phone up the uni and make sure your name is on the list as track will crash and even if it doesn't I didn't get confirmation of my place until two weeks after results day. :smile:
Reply 55
Yeah it seems like theres loads of pubs there! and theres apparently a new nightclub just opened, and then theres Octagon or something, Academi, and like 2 others which ive forgotten the name of :/ but yeah i've been to an open day and it seemed okay. plus bangor has the beach which people can go to! :biggrin: have you got offers back yet?

Yeahh i've had three; Bangor, Chester and Teeside. What about you?
Reply 56
Original post by Beebumble
London!:biggrin:

Hey I live in Peckham too! :tongue:
Conditional offer for Zoology with Herpetology :smile:
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Hey I live in Peckham too! :tongue:

lol, I live in Chelsea because I'm well posh innit!:tongue:
Quick question; if I do decide to study in Bangor will my loan or fees be any different because it's in Wales or is it the same as if I applied for an English University?

Quick Reply

Latest