The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Offers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by JenBarnes207
There's an international postgraduate scholarship I applied for (it was for all international postgrads) but luckily my parents are taking care of everything financially.

Wow! You're super lucky! Since grad school is technically "optional" for my field, I've pretty much got to support myself, especially since my parents are so far away anyway. (They're staying in the States) it'll be nice earn in pounds though :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Does anyone know the date that freshers starts for 2012 entry? My course start date on UCAS (applying for music) is the 1st September which I'm sure isn't right...
Reply 62
LCC or Goldsmiths?????????
(BA Grpahic and media desing or BA design)
heeeeeelp
Original post by jackf1337
Does anyone know the date that freshers starts for 2012 entry? My course start date on UCAS (applying for music) is the 1st September which I'm sure isn't right...

On their website it says the 24th of September.
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
On their website it says the 24th of September.

Cheers. Is this the date freshers starts or the start date of the course?

-

On another note, does anyone know how lenient Goldsmiths are with offers? I've been offered ABb but I think I'll only get BBb at the very best.
Cheers. Is this the date freshers starts or the start date of the course?

-

On another note, does anyone know how lenient Goldsmiths are with offers? I've been offered ABb but I think I'll only get BBb at the very best.

My course date is October 1st, I'm assuming they're all the same and it's freshers. Not 100% sure though.
My course date is October 1st, I'm assuming they're all the same and it's freshers. Not 100% sure though.

Thanks :smile: Will hopefully see you there! What're you studying?
Thanks :smile: Will hopefully see you there! What're you studying?

Fine art & art history, what about you?
Fine art & art history, what about you?

Music :smile:
Reply 69
English and Creative Writing, AAB, firmed.
Reply 70
Got a conditional offer for Media and Communications (AAB) and firmed it :smile:
Goldsmiths was the first university to reply: I'm doing the French Baccalaureate with the British International Option 14/20 average with min 14/20 for the Option. I want to study English and Drama.

Does anyone know how strict they are about entry requirements?
Accommodation applications open today :biggrin:

Where are people looking to live. I think I like Loring Hall the most, although I may have gotten the name completely confused with somewhere else.

Edit: May have to scrap that. Loring is (and most others are) £130 a week, my loan is just short of £5K, if I'm right in assuming it's a 39 week contract, then my accommodation would be more than my loan :/ May have to go non en suite, or work (which I'd rather not do). You only get a maintenance loan and tuition fee loan when your parents earn more than the maximum, right?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 73
Somebody convince me to go to Goldsmiths not Leeds. I'm frightened I'm going to become a cliche of myself if I go here and I know nothing of politics, I am neither left nor right wing, I have completely bypassed the bird metaphor altogether and become a chasm of political ignorance.
Reply 74
I just chose Goldsmith as my firm choice ABB
applying for accommodation right now. leaning towers loring hall.
Does anyone know what is the chance of me getting a place in the halls even though i live in zone 3
thanks
Reply 75
I got a conditional to do media and communications. Anyone know about Surrey House Annexe? I chose that as my first just based on the 360 view because I liked the shape of the room pretty much

(to Salma506 I'm not too sure about getting a place in Halls but I live in Zone 1 so I wonder how probable it'll be for me to get a place as well)
Reply 76
English and Creative Writing - unconditional offer! Very pleased.
Reply 77
Original post by holly6946
Somebody convince me to go to Goldsmiths not Leeds. I'm frightened I'm going to become a cliche of myself if I go here and I know nothing of politics, I am neither left nor right wing, I have completely bypassed the bird metaphor altogether and become a chasm of political ignorance.

You won't be anything you don't want to be- trust me :wink:

Have some faith in your own character! I'm sure you've got plenty of wonderful things that make you "you" so to speak, and simply attending university isn't going to erase all that. What it will do is sharpen it. If you're not political, and you get there and everyone else is, you'll either find it annoying, decide not to be bothered and remain not political, or you'll hear some interesting opinions, think it's great and become political. The choice is still yours. I've seen a lot of things like this about this College, where people think they're going to automatically turn into whatever stereotype is associated with it, and I think it's hogwash (not to offend) because people are made of more than just a year or four year's worth of experiences. Who you are is embedded in more than where you go to school, but if you want to become a "cliche" as you put it, then what's wrong with that? If that's what you want- go for it! Life's too short to be so concerned with how others view us. :smile:

Now, does anyone know where I should go to find those housing applications of which you speak?
So I've firmed Goldsmiths College, when do I receive my student ID number thing to apply for accommodation?
Original post by Nelsoir
I got a conditional to do media and communications. Anyone know about Surrey House Annexe? I chose that as my first just based on the 360 view because I liked the shape of the room pretty much

(to Salma506 I'm not too sure about getting a place in Halls but I live in Zone 1 so I wonder how probable it'll be for me to get a place as well)

hey there, I too like the look of Surrey House Annexe most but it's pretty small? it only fits 48 students whereas Loring Hall has 387. I don't want to regret my choice but bloody hell I'm just so indecisive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending