The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Sorry people - what is a bursary?
A bursary is when they give you cash towards your tuition fees, etc.
Reply 82
uni of bath is the most generous atm... 1500 pounds(max fig)....Kings - 1350 punds...LSOP 1000 pounds
Reply 83
Hey,sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I am really confused, I have to choose between LSOP and Kings. I really do like LSOP but I am unsure whether I would get a A in chemsitry...does anyone know how leinent they are in terms of mising a grade?

Also in terms of teaching is Kings really that bad compared to LSOP?

Thanks!
Hi Petzneo

Through looking at different threads and other Pharmacy applicant's comments, there isn't much of a difference between King's and LSOP in terms of teaching. Each university will have a different structure to it's course and will be doing different topics at different times, therefore it will be your choice in chosing which university is the best for you. You may also want to consider the working environment, course structure (as some university will put more emphasis on lab work etc) and many other aspects such as chances to study or work experience abroad, like LSOP which allows a limited number of students to go abroad during the end of the third year to partnering universities for further studies. This is explained on LSOP's website.
In regard to how leinent LSOP are towards candidates not being able to meet their requirements, you will probably need to contact them direct or gain some information from current students at LSOP that also use this forum.
As I have received an offer from LSOP, they did not specify a grade A in Chemistry, just ABB in any order. Unless you are aiming for a bursary, which will require you to get an A in Chemistry and another A in a second A-level subject you're taking.
Hope this helps.
Reply 85
Thank you sooo much.

Tbh the main thing I was worried about was the teaching quality and if they truly are the same, then its definitely gonna makes my life a lot easier, kings it is!!!!!!
Reply 86
petzneo im in the same situation u were in....but im still confused! i have an unconditional from kings, and an offer of A in chem for lsop......unsure. what made u go for kings in the end?
Reply 87
Hmmm, it was hard but in the end I knew that kings was just as good as LSOP. And I have heard that LSOP do spoon feed you and tbh I don't like that at all, I get that in 6th form and I really felt as tho I need more responsiblity towards my own education. Also kings has a great reputation, social life is good, and much better than LSOP.

And you know that in Kings you will meet so many other people who are not doing pharmacy, rather than the same crowd at LSOP. I liked LSOP, but it just felt as tho I was back at school.

Also I have much more chance of getting accommodation thasn at Kings..

BUT mxmx you have an UNCONDITIONAL offer for kings! Lucky you, have you done your A levels already?
Reply 88
lol yhh did my a levels last yr. but, yhh i know that if i go lsop, im gna be living at home for 4 yrs!! i soo cant take that! i think im going to go for kings! lol but i know lsop is really good for the course too, but like u said, its just like going back to school...thanks x
Reply 89
Thats ok, that was one of the main things that made me choose kings...4 years at home was not gna happen! But did you go to any of the open days? They were quite helpful.
Reply 90
yhh i did go, twice actually lol. thanks for ur help x
Reply 91
lool, me too! Well hopefully I'll c you there.

Latest

Trending

Trending