The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Applicants will be expected to demonstrate the following at interview: a strong interest in, and awareness of, contemporary fashion; a cultural awareness of society and current global issues; visual awareness evidenced through portfolio work; an interest in, and knowledge of, digital and social media; a motivation for working in creative media; and a motivation to succeed on the course.????
Original post by fashion000
what do they look for in the portfolio for creative direction for fashion ? look on website but bit confused

Me too im confused to I dont know if i should use my portfolio i used for a fashion promotion course for another uni .
Reply 262
Original post by mlh0692
Hiya, I had an interview for Fashion Management on the 27th of Jan and I got a conditional offer on Tuesday, just wondered if anyone else was had any offers? Im so happy! :smile: xx

Well done on your offer! What kind of questions did they ask you? And what did you wear?!
Reply 263
fda retail branding and visual merchandising ...anyone got a interview tomorrow?

If anyone can give me some advice to prepare for the maths test would be great :smile: thanx
Original post by ZOEZ
fda retail branding and visual merchandising ...anyone got a interview tomorrow?

If anyone can give me some advice to prepare for the maths test would be great :smile: thanx

the maths test i had to do for fashion management was quite tough, i would say just thoroughly revise percentages, fractions, ratios and decimals :smile: try using bbc bitesize that's what i did.
Reply 265
bitesize is great revision thanx...wish i had asked sooner! ahh! im shocking!
Reply 266
amy 0068 would they tell us so late? they still interview really late don't they? does it make a difference if your international?

they must do because I no I have an interview as I'm already at ual? my friend who is international got an interview through for creative direction and also something else at the same time so that might be why she's already received hers? I'm just going to call !
Original post by Caziee
I hope I get a conditional! Had my interview on 14th feb and hope to hear back at the end of the month! Hope I've got in!
Well done btw on you offer :smile:

i still havent even got a response from them yet really worried if you both have offers and i havent even been contacted yet argghhhh :frown:
Reply 268
Hey, I applied for Fashion Illustration at LCF; my interview was on the 15th of February... I’m pretty sure I’m just being anxious, but I wanted to know if anyone else got any reply yet or still has an interview to go?

I have a feeling no-one will reply, if I assume Illustration students are similar to me! :colondollar:
anyone have the fashion management interview tomorrow?
okay could you let me know what they say? amy0068? thanks :biggrin:
Reply 271
Original post by bottlebankfashion
i still havent even got a response from them yet really worried if you both have offers and i havent even been contacted yet argghhhh :frown:

I don't think they have still yet contacted everyone but if your worried I would contact them! :frown:
Maybe hopefully they'll reply within the next week, I think the last replys are around the middle of march anyway x
Reply 272
Has anybody who had an interview on 3rd February (Fashion Management) received a reply yet?
Original post by ER1717
Has anybody who had an interview on 3rd February (Fashion Management) received a reply yet?

i know a few people have but i'm still waiting to hear. hoping to hear soon as i heard from another course at lcf less than a week after yet am still waiting on this one!
Reply 274
Hello, I have an interview the 1st of March for Creative Direction and I am so excited! ....but incredibly nervous honestly...... How did you prepare and how long is the interview gonna take? What do they ask?! Aaaaahhhhhh
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 275
Original post by backbreathe
i know a few people have but i'm still waiting to hear. hoping to hear soon as i heard from another course at lcf less than a week after yet am still waiting on this one!

I have phoned them and they told me that results will be announced only in the middle of March...I'm wondering why someone has already received the reply and someone has to wait.
Reply 276
okay could you let me know what they say? amy0068? thanks :biggrin:

got my interview 1st march for creative direction!! anyone got any tips? If its anything like the fashion photography interview they just looked through my work and that was it?! it was 20 minutes.
Reply 277
Original post by ER1717

I had an interview for management on 14th feb and they told me in my interview that we should hear by the end of the month/beginning of march because they've got so many interview to conduct and get through.
Hope i get accepted! D:
Reply 278
Original post by Caziee
I had an interview for management on 14th feb and they told me in my interview that we should hear by the end of the month/beginning of march

Mines was on the 15th so thank for posting that, even if you intended it for another person lol. At least I'll know when to expect a reply. Good luck.
Reply 279
Got my interview for creative direction tomorrow! Terrified! Anyone else? X

Quick Reply

Latest