The Student Room Group

London College of Fashion 2012 Applicants

I'm not sure if there's a thread like this already but hey ho I thought i'd make one :smile:

I plan to study Fashion Design and Marketing. Who else is applying for LCF this year and what course/s are you applying for?

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for Fashion Management, but i think i might get rid. They want 6 B's at GCSE. Their open day didn't even excite me. It looked like everyone that turned up was snobby and it wasn't very diverse either.
Reply 2
Original post by BambieWambie
I'm applying for Fashion Management, but i think i might get rid. They want 6 B's at GCSE. Their open day didn't even excite me. It looked like everyone that turned up was snobby and it wasn't very diverse either.

Aww thats a shame. I will admit everyone was really snobby. Me being the chatty person i am- i actually tried talking to people as everyone was so up themselves and shy, and they'd just look at me like i was on another planet. Nonetheless i'm applying as i did like the course structure and it's one of the best places to study fashion design.
Reply 3
Hi I'm applying to do Fashion Public Relations this year! Have you all sent your UCAS off yet? x
Reply 4
Original post by bethjh
Hi I'm applying to do Fashion Public Relations this year! Have you all sent your UCAS off yet? x

hey am applying for fashion public relation - what other university did you apply for ?x
Reply 5
I'm applying for Photography.
I am applying for foundation Buying & merchandising and degree in fashion management. Sent Ucas just a waiting game now.
Reply 7
ive applied for fashion management and international fashion management but i didnt go to the open day at the college.

Ive applied for buying management and merchandise management at wmin though and i think im swaying more towards those two courses than lcf....
Reply 8
Original post by *Pink~Pixie~Lilly*

Original post by *Pink~Pixie~Lilly*
I am applying for foundation Buying & merchandising and degree in fashion management. Sent Ucas just a waiting game now.

Same boat as you, also applied to westminister and mmu..don't think we hear from LCF for another month or sooo x
Reply 9
I'm applying for Fashion Management degree and also the Foundation degree in Buying and Merchandising. Hoping to get my application sent off this week, just waiting on my reference to be finished!
Original post by NightAddict
Same boat as you, also applied to westminister and mmu..don't think we hear from LCF for another month or sooo x

AHHH A month I hate the suspence haha. I have also applied for Westminster so it sounds like we are all in the same boat :smile: *fingers crossed everyone*
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
I really hate the wait! I was on twitter and I saw some people get offers for management courses already! It's weird :s-smilie: oh well...although LCF is the only uni I haven't heard back from yet but it's my first choice!
Reply 12
Original post by tinasylvia
I really hate the wait! I was on twitter and I saw some people get offers for management courses already! It's weird :s-smilie: oh well...although LCF is the only uni I haven't heard back from yet but it's my first choice!

When did you send your application if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
I applied back in October and so far :

LCF: Fashion Management (Acknowledgement Letter)
Westmin: Fashion Merchandising Management (Interview)
LCF: Fashion Public Relations (Ack. Letter)
LCF: International Fashion Management (Ack. Letter)
Uni of Manchester: Management and Marketing of Fashion Texiles (Offer)

But anyone applying to Westmin...what are you doing in your portfolio?! I haven't done art since year 8!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Hey !

I'm applying for the FDA in Fashion Makeup at Lime grove !
So excited, but really think odds are against me !

:smile: XX
Hiya everyone,
I've applied to do Fashion Journalism. I really hope I at least get invited to the written test/interview day! I bet the competition is really tough, though. EEK. I've heard really mixed opinions of LCF. I went to the open day at Lime Grove and I thought the course sounded right up my street. However, as people above me have said, lots of people seem really snobby! Oh well, I'm not going to let other applicants put me off as I really, really want to be in London. It's my favourite place and I can't think of anything better than studying fashion journalism in one of the fashion capitals!
Reply 16
I've applied to both fashion photography, and then the foundation photography with styling. I agree about it being snobby on the open day. But then I met a few other applicants at a different uni interview, and the people applying for the courses I am seemed very friendly and nice :biggrin:
Reply 17
I've applied for Fashion PR :smile: I am expecting a rejection though because in my personal statement I made it pretty obvious that I'm more interested in doing Fashion promotion...which, although they are pretty similar, might not be similar enough :/ lolz. I've heard LCF is very snobby and doesn't live up to it's reputation though so I'm not really bothered. good luck to everyone applying!!
Reply 18
I have applied for Fashion Management at LCF too, just hoping I reach the interview stage! Fashion Buying Management at Westminster is my second choice which I have luckily got an interview for, and my 3 other choices are all conditionals. I would be made up if LCF gave me an interview though, they just seem to open more doors in the future than any other university can provide.
Hi! I'm applying for the BA Fashion design technology:womenswear! Do you know what's the difference with the BA Fashion (womenswear) at CSM?

Quick Reply

Latest