The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Erm, I'm the same.
Reply 2
i just make sure i shave my legs much more often :biggrin:
Reply 3
Don't change your lifestyle for someone who is likely to be temporary!!! I wouldn't!
Seriously though, i've known girls who get so wrapped up in their bf that they have no time for their friends. Don't let it happen.
Remember chicks before di..... (you know the rest)
Reply 4
I make sure I am always smooth. Other than that, nothing changes really. If anything I start looking more slobby overall cos I get so relaxed!
Reply 5
helki
Don't change your lifestyle for someone who is likely to be temporary!!! I wouldn't!
Seriously though, i've known girls who get so wrapped up in their bf that they have no time for their friends. Don't let it happen.

Yeh, I agree. I don't think I've changed at all. Maybe I spend less time sitting around doing nothing at all with mates but I see that as a positive.

Remember, Bro's before ho's :wink:
Reply 6
just make sure you still have time for your friends. if you don't, they will start to feel like "why should i be there for him/her when she/he isn't there for me?"

and i'd say don't change for a boyfriend or girlfriend - if they don't like you the way you are, they aren't worth it.
Reply 7
well said lucy. i agree about still having time for your friends. they get annoyed if you dont. then problems happen.

friends are forever, boyfriends arent.
no its just a hypothetical question...i currently don't have a love interest etc,
just curious as to how (and how much) others change when in relationships.
Reply 9
mart
friends are forever, boyfriends arent.

Well some must coz otherwise there wouldn't be husbands would there? :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Anonymous
Well some must coz otherwise there wouldn't be husbands would there? :rolleyes:

Dont worry, they'll eventually realise that mode of thinking isnt going to get them far.

As for changes...well, if there are any, it may indicate the relationship is one-sided.
I carry my phone around with me, where normally im not fussed if I can't be bothered to get it.
Im actually tempted to diet when I get with my almost bf, because im scared of being fat for him.
Reply 12
wizard
How much more effort (if any) do you make when you are with someone in a relationship? I'm just interested. If you do, how exactly, for example - take greater care of diet, lifestyle, more exercise etc....how and to what extent have things personally changed for you?

Merci.

i put an enormous ammount of effort in because i know my boyfriend wouldn't bothered. i probably shouldn't put so much effort in, maybe then he would put more effort in. meh.
i always try to speak to him once a day, just to know he is still alive and well.. i get really paranoid about him being hurt.
i try to buy him little things oocasionally too, because i like to see him happy. only little things though, like a chocolate bar or a little teddy or something.
i personally don't do anything special to myself. i don't care about what i eat, or my weight, or how bad my skin is.. he doesn't either which is a really good thing.
one thing that has changed though, is that i have no friends. it wasn't all my fault when tom came along, because all of my mates now have boyfriends too.. but i did sacrifice a lot for him. sometimes i wish i hadn't, sometimes he isn't worth it.. especially this weekend again - he said he would spend it with me, but noce again his friend is coming over to intrude on our weekend. i swear i'm going to kill his friend. i hate him with an overwhelming passion.

anyway yeah. i put too much effort in.
Reply 13
I'm probably a *little* more worried about my weight, but only cos I want to make sure he still fancies me. Don't want to get fat now do I?! :p:
When I'm with him I do tend to take better care with my diet, because he is uber-healthy. Luckily he loves chocolate and desserts as much as me :smile: :smile:
Reply 14
Ummm..i havnt changed much, i usually always make sure i am dressed pretty well, unless i am having an off day, and sometimes if he comments on something, ill change what i wear the next day. But thats usually a jokey thing. I spend alot of time with him, but we love spending time together and still make time for friends. Main difference is that i have less free time between him and my friends
Reply 15
wholly
i just make sure i shave my legs much more often :biggrin:

I shave less often now!

i'm such a skank
helki

i prefer my boyfriend to my mates. Only because theyre sucky mates anyways!
Realistically, girlfriend = less time to myself = ratty Pierre = lose friends. Soooooooo the "friends are forever, boy/girlfriends aren't" philosophy kinda screws me over.
Im broke now....
Reply 19
I become more aware of what I'm eating, my weight etc, but I don't think I change too much.

The next time I'm in a relationship I'm definately NOT going to put the bloke before my friends. That's one thing I have learnt!

Latest

Trending

Trending