The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by glf2110
Phone them, they certainly went through Clearing last year so it's worth chasing them.

Did they go through clearing for Childrens Nursing??

I emailed them before i sent in my application and got a response for childrens nursing about a week after i had already applied. They said they may look at late applications but there are no guarantees and currently it was not looking likely :frown: sadly but have no reponses from any of my unis on track atm.
Reply 241
Original post by Uni2010!
Did they go through clearing for Childrens Nursing??

I emailed them before i sent in my application and got a response for childrens nursing about a week after i had already applied. They said they may look at late applications but there are no guarantees and currently it was not looking likely :frown: sadly but have no reponses from any of my unis on track atm.

Im not sure, I think so. Def Adult. A friend's mum spoke to the uni and they said they genreally always enter clearing (not sure which branches though). Until you get a no, keep the faith! Good luck. :smile:
Reply 242
Original post by glf2110
Im not sure, I think so. Def Adult. A friend's mum spoke to the uni and they said they genreally always enter clearing (not sure which branches though). Until you get a no, keep the faith! Good luck. :smile:

Aww thanks :smile:. Thats nice to know- even if it probably is only other branches.
Reply 243
Original post by Laurensmith_1
Hi Guys,
Has anyone heard anything back from Nottingham or Derby in terms of offers yet (for mental health nursing)?
xx

I got told at Derby it will be around the middle of march before they tell people but i am not sure for Nottingham
Reply 244
Hi,

Has anyone had interviews at Derby or Staffordshire universities? I have mine this week and just wondered if anyone has any tips for me

Thanks in advance
Reply 245
Original post by emmaf12
Hi I have interview for child nursing there on 27th April when's yours???

Hi!! Mine is the 28th of Feb! Very nervous but very excited! Good luck and you never know...could see you in September!! :smile:
Original post by Bro_Bro
Aww well at least you have 2, and you got your first!! :biggrin: Congrats!! I have applied to Cardiff (invited for assessments tests-2nd choice), Leeds (rejected), Glasgow(interview next week- 4th choice), Nottingham (nothing yet- last choice- maybe I will get your spot :biggrin:) and Southampton (nothing) !
Haven't got much really :s-smilie: Though only 1 rejection so I am hoping no news is good news?? hahaha!
Are you applying for adults yeah? I am studying in Liverpool atm, it is AMAZING :biggrin: definitely put as your firm!! Such a good student city!! :biggrin: And apply to live at Carnatic halls, good banter :smile:

xx

Sorry haven't been on for a while, and thank you! Good luck with all your interviews that are coming up, you have quite a lot of travelling to do D:. And no news IS good news! That's my motto anyway hahaha and yeah I'm doing adults are you too?
Oooh are you in Liverpool now?? I LOVED it when I went to the open day and interview, seems like such a nice place I just hope I can get the grades to get in :frown: I have to apply for accommodation soon! Lots of paperwork to do :|

Oh hang on you said you had your Glasgow interview soon have you had it yet? How did it go?
xx
Reply 247
Original post by glf2110

http://www.herts.ac.uk/clearing/home.cfm

this seems to suggest that they did go through clearing for all branches?
well i hope its the case this year then maybe i have a chance of getting an interview at least even if they did say that it seemed unlikely. Thanks again :smile:
Reply 248
Original post by Amelia07
LHi!! Mine is the 28th of Feb! Very nervous but very excited! Good luck and you never know...could see you in September!! :smile:

Let me know how u get on and what things they asked !!! Have u applied anywhere else
Reply 249
Can anyone tell me how long an average interview day lasts? I have an interview coming up with Anglia Ruskin for Adult Nursing in April. Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 250
Original post by TigerRose93
I'm so annoyed right now- Bournemouth sent me a letter at the beginning of February saying I had an interview with them on the 8th but I couldn't make it because I had another interview the next day and wouldn't be able to make it so I replied saying I needed a date change. I knew they maybe wouldn't be able to change the date, so if I got rejected I would understand why but today I came home from a long weekend in Paris with our sixth form to find they've withdrawn my application because I didn't attend an interview.

But the thing that annoys me is there was no email or letter to say they couldn't change the date. Obviously I'm upset I'm not able to go there now but they bothered not to tell me that I couldn't have another day. So that's really bothered me. Rant over. :frown:

Hi and did your whole application get withdrawn because of this? I had to turn down an interview at Brighton for the date they gave me, but haven't heard about another date or if that's even possible.
Reply 251
Original post by Akuta
I have applied to London South Bank University, Canterbury Christchurch, Surrey, City in London and Southampton.

I had an interview at LSBU on 24th January, I passed both of their tests, numeracy and literacy, so was asked to wait to be interviewed. I got an update status notification two days later, saying I didn't get in.

As for Canterbury Christchurch, I got a card from them in January saying they were processing my application, then last week checked UCAS and it said I had been unsuccessful, I didn't even get invited for an interview.

Surrey and Southampton have said they are processing my application, so fingers crossed and wait and see...

As for City, haven't heard an inkling from them.

Getting rejected by two universities is sure a confidence knocker... :frown:
Dont loose hope yet. Is it Adult or child you applied? LSBU rejected me without interview saying my reference is weak.
Reply 252
Original post by JJkay
Hiya,

So sorry to hear that but it's their loss. They've missed out on two great potential nurses. :smile:

We've still got Bucks, so hopefully we'll be successful with them.

They rejected me too with this same reason. we''ll definitely see ourselves in Uni in September.
Reply 253
Original post by aimee88
I have one there but the medway campus on monday :smile: what branch have you applied for?

Goodluck on your interview. Please let me know what they asked you. I applied to Canterbury campus.
Reply 254
Original post by Pink84
Adult branch, I had selection tests and then an interview :smile: Good Luck with your other choices! x
When was your interview?
Reply 255
Original post by emmaf12
Let me know how u get on and what things they asked !!! Have u applied anywhere else

I will let you know! I don't imagine it will be too difficult if you have done lots of reading etc. I read all the time about things that are going on so I am not too worried. Keep up to date with the news and maybe read some nursing times. Also in the vodcast it said to watch generation xxx and born to be different.
Good luck!!
Reply 256
Did anyone else go to an interview at Liverpool uni on 15th Feb? If so have you heard anything yet?!
Reply 257
I have got an interview at UWL for Child Nursing in April. Has anyone had theirs or is attending soon? Could you tell me what has happened at the interview. On the email its says from 9 am to 4 pm and thats sounds so long and a bit scary. Many thanks!!!
Reply 258
I sent off my UCAS for adult nursing just before christmas, applying to Plymouth, Bournemouth, Hertforshire, Chester and Bangor. I have had replies and been to an interview at bournemouth and plymouth, but I haven't heard anything back from the other two.. starting to get a bit worried, has anyone had replies from hertfordshire, chester or bangor yet?? :smile:
Reply 259
Original post by th23asy
Hi,

Has anyone had interviews at Derby or Staffordshire universities? I have mine this week and just wondered if anyone has any tips for me

Thanks in advance

mines on friday (24?) whens yours?? xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending