The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Becks2889
Hey I sent off my UCAS application in January... Prob quite
Late I know! I have an interview for adult nursing at university of Cumbria in April...still waiting to hear from UCLAN. Has anyone heard from UCLAN? Or had an interview there?? Or university of Cumbria? Any info would be great!

Good luck everyone! :smile:

Hey :smile:. I had my interview at Cumbria on Wednesday so I might be able to help you out a little!

Firstly it's really relaxed, all the staff are lovely. When I had mine us adult nursing people got took upstairs to do the maths test (easy... questions like Pete needs 75mg of medication, one tablet is 15mg so how many tablets does he need? If you look on their website there's an example paper and it's pretty much exactly the same as that. Then we swapped with the child and mental health people and got given an introductory talk about the uni and the course, we could ask questions at the end but no one actually did :colondollar:. After that we watched a video and got told to think about the good and bad points of it and that we would be asked about it in our interview. You then get split up into a group of 4(ish) and took off to a room, decide what order you'll be interviewed and then go for it! Questions were like... What do you think a nurse should be like? What qualifications do you have that could be useful? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What did you think of the video? There's always something in the news at the minute about health care, what are your views on it? Interview lasts around 25 minutes then you're done :smile:.

Hope that helps and good luck!
Reply 341
Original post by jaja0202
I still have no reply from Manchester, when did you both apply?:smile:

I sent my application off on 4th December and I got my invitation to the interview on 21st December. When did you send yours off?
I got a conditional offer for adult nursing at Surrey uni :smile: x
I have my interview for Lincoln tomorrow and Hull on the 14th. I have no idea what to expect for the questions. How eloquent do you need to be????? Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Reply 344
Hi people, apologies if I'm gate crashing but seen as tho everyone here is talking about nursing, can I ask if somebody could shed some light on the employment prospects for nurses currently an indications of what the future may hold? I want to apply but being a mature student I need to really think it through...

Thanks in advance
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 345
Finaly heard from Bradford and got a conditional offer. My first choice and first offer.
Hiya, Im hoping somebody can help. I had an interview for Children and yp nursing at Salford on Monday. Has anybody had interview and heard back. I am just wondering how long it takes to hear, they did say end of March/ April but really dont want to be hanging on lol :frown: XxXx
Hi guys, has anyone heard from Brighton about child nursing yet? They said a couple of weeks and it's only been one since my interview, so I know I'm being impatient but I just wondered because I really want to go there but I think my interview went really badly - want to be put out of my misery :-( xxxx
Got my final offer today for MMU three offers now. Time to decide where to go!!

Salford/MMU or Bradford??????:biggrin:
Reply 349
offer from Sheffield Hallam :biggrin:
Original post by shan129
offer from Sheffield Hallam :biggrin:

Which nursing degree did you apply for?
Reply 351
Original post by Uni2010!
Ive done lots of work experience with children-school and working in a nursery and after school club. No hospital experience though which im worried about. Oh wow they replied quickly. well done! :smile: where is your first choice??

you should be okay :smile: & they tell you on the day! literally like 10 mins after your interview :smile: hertfordshire is my first choice :smile: wbu?
Reply 352
Original post by lmills22
congrats on your offer i have a bit experience not much thats my plan if i don't get a place, to gain more experience.

good luck with it :smile:
Reply 353
Original post by blondy2012
Which nursing degree did you apply for?

Adult nursing :smile:
Reply 354
Original post by Becks2889
Hey I sent off my UCAS application in January... Prob quite
Late I know! I have an interview for adult nursing at university of Cumbria in April...still waiting to hear from UCLAN. Has anyone heard from UCLAN? Or had an interview there?? Or university of Cumbria? Any info would be great!

Good luck everyone! :smile:

Hi Becks, i applied for UCLAN in January for the April start and have still not heard anything back yet, they said they are still processing...not organised at all :frown:
Reply 355
Got conditional from Middlesex!! :biggrin:
Original post by MiyaN
Got conditional from Middlesex!! :biggrin:

Congrats on getting an offer. What branch are you studying?
Reply 357
Any one heard from Greenwich children's nursing ??
Reply 358
Original post by sultss
you should be okay :smile: & they tell you on the day! literally like 10 mins after your interview :smile: hertfordshire is my first choice :smile: wbu?

Hope so :smile:.

Really? wow im surprised they tell you so quickly- i guess thats good!.
Ohhh ive applied there but i have no idea where my first choice is. I like KCL but its probably too far to commute so i think herts might be top.
Original post by cavalli30
can you tell me when did you apply and when is it for?
Is it for February or September intake? thanks

Hello :smile: I applied at the end of October I think :/ and got an e-mail from them saying they'd like me to come to an interview on December 1st and that was 5 days before the interview!! lol It's for the Sept 12 intake, have you heard anything? :smile:

Hayleigh xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending