The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hannielou
Hiya,
I applied to york, canterbury, keele, uea and anglia ruskin. I have an interview at canterbury in March and have a rejection from york, no news on the other 3 though :smile:

Hello! :smile: Sorry to hear about ur rejection at York, but did they tell you the reason why?
Reply 21
Original post by coolclar
Hello! :smile: Sorry to hear about ur rejection at York, but did they tell you the reason why?

Just that I wasnt as promising a candidate :/ never mind though Im keeping positive about the other 4 :smile:
Ive applied to Manchester, York, Brighton, Cardiff and UWE for adult nursing. Ive got interviews with brighton, UWE and my manchester interview is this wednesday. I have an admissions test with Cardiff in January aswell. :smile:
Original post by MelWilky
I'm the same ... child nursing at Salford and Manchester, have an interview at Salford in January but not heard anything form Manchester yet, so doesnt look good :frown:

I am sure you will MelWilky different universities reply and notify applicants at different times,it doesnt mean they not still considering you because you havnt as yet heared from them.Hope this helps you and settles your mind a bit :smile:
Offer from Hertfordshire for Adult Nursing yesterday :smile:
I got an offer from Brighton yesterday for Adult Nursing :biggrin:
Original post by 05hmhorscroft

Me too :smile:
Reply 27
I got an offer at Keele for adult nursing today!!! :smile:
I had an interview at Manchester last week and got an e-mail today telling me that I hadn't scored high enough to be given a place straight away so I have to wait for all the ranking to be done :/.

I had an assessment at Cardiff yesterday, the maths quite frankly was a bit insulting (questions like 50/25), the essay was randomly chosen from a variety of questions, mine was 'Describe the content and structure of the course for which you applied', I guessed it mostly by writing about theory, clinical practise and then connecting it to child nursing but I think it went okay :smile:.

I have a visit day for the Masters course at Nottingham on the 15th Feb but I havn;t heard anything from Keele or the child nursing at Nottingham :frown:.
Reply 29
Original post by BeccaAnne94
I had an interview at Manchester last week and got an e-mail today telling me that I hadn't scored high enough to be given a place straight away so I have to wait for all the ranking to be done :/.

I had an assessment at Cardiff yesterday, the maths quite frankly was a bit insulting (questions like 50/25), the essay was randomly chosen from a variety of questions, mine was 'Describe the content and structure of the course for which you applied', I guessed it mostly by writing about theory, clinical practise and then connecting it to child nursing but I think it went okay :smile:.

I have a visit day for the Masters course at Nottingham on the 15th Feb but I havn;t heard anything from Keele or the child nursing at Nottingham :frown:.

Well I heard about my interview from a letter in the post today, so maybe yours is on its way? :biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by Sadia.Z
Don't worry they will reply back.. It wikl just take time seeing as Child Nursing is a very competitive course at every Uni. :smile:

I'm not doing Child, but most unis only have fifteen places !
Well I heard about my interview from a letter in the post today, so maybe yours is on its way? :biggrin:

Well done by the way :smile:. When did you apply?
Got to admit I was disappointed the other day when I saw an e-mail from Keele, only to see that they wished me a Happy Christmas, kinda mean considering they hadn't got back to me :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by BeccaAnne94
Well done by the way :smile:. When did you apply?
Got to admit I was disappointed the other day when I saw an e-mail from Keele, only to see that they wished me a Happy Christmas, kinda mean considering they hadn't got back to me :frown:

I applied on the 15th November.. I got that email aswell! I was so annoyed, because I got a similar one from the UEA who I havent yet heard from and got excited then aswell!! :tongue:
Reply 33

can you tell me when did you apply and when is it for?
Is it for February or September intake? thanks
I got an offer at Keele for adult nursing today!!! :smile:

many congrats hannielou so please for u:smile: it looks like some universities are quicker to respond with their particular offers than others
Have u applied anywhere else hannielou? if u dont mind me asking u
Reply 35
Original post by wizardtop
many congrats hannielou so please for u:smile: it looks like some universities are quicker to respond with their particular offers than others
Have u applied anywhere else hannielou? if u dont mind me asking u

Thanks!! I have another interview in March at canterbury and have also applied for the uea and staffordshire. I got a rejection from york aswell :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by Skip_Snip
I'm not doing Child, but most unis only have fifteen places !

Fifteen places!! Any type of nursing is competitive and hard to get into.. You just have to stand out from the crowd. :smile:
Reply 37
got a interview with herts & uwl and lsbu what sort of question do they ask you
Reply 38
Original post by Sadia.Z
Fifteen places!! Any type of nursing is competitive and hard to get into.. You just have to stand out from the crowd. :smile:

Indeedio :smile: In the interview where I heard this, I nearly went into shock, but I didn't realise the girl who said it meant only for Children's, I thought she meant for the entire Nursing :P

So for everyone interviewing for Children's, I wish an extra dollop of luck! :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Skip_Snip
Indeedio :smile: In the interview where I heard this, I nearly went into shock, but I didn't realise the girl who said it meant only for Children's, I thought she meant for the entire Nursing :P

So for everyone interviewing for Children's, I wish an extra dollop of luck! :smile:

What!!! Now I'm worried!!:redface: Lol.. Which branch have you applied for??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending