Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Power Cage/add-ons

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just bought myself a Bodycraft F430, currently waiting for it to arrive.

Anyone else got this rack? In general what are some good pieces of equipment I can add on to it, I see gymnastic rings, heavy chains (how do you benefit from chains apart from them adding weight?) & resistance bands.

Are there any other power cage owners on this forum that have found additional good uses? I thought about putting a bedsheet over mine and using it as picnic tent, ideas like that are the best so please feel free to recommend.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Noty sure, Maybe invest in some bands for power training? I mean if you are just looking for mass and strength gains then maybe it's not for you. Adding bands to the egdes of your bar and hooking them to the bottom of the rack makes the bar comes down quicker on benching. Alot of international rugby players and NFL players use it. It increases the speed of the ecentric portion of the press and increases power becuase it stretches the muscle quicker and harder. Bands are good IMO

Get some heavy chains too. They rest on the floor when your at your lowest point and makes te last section of the lift harder to complete. They are good for developing power and muscle resisitance. You get some releife from the weight as they rest on the floor say when your in the bottom sections of a deep squat or when you have the bar in your chest during the bench press. This makes the top section hard because as you lift it back up it unravals off the floor and increases the weight.

Maybe some thick grips?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    I just bought myself a Bodycraft F430, currently waiting for it to arrive.

Anyone else got this rack? In general what are some good pieces of equipment I can add on to it, I see gymnastic rings, heavy chains (how do you benefit from chains apart from them adding weight?) & resistance bands.

Are there any other power cage owners on this forum that have found additional good uses? I thought about putting a bedsheet over mine and using it as picnic tent, ideas like that are the best so please feel free to recommend.
    you do understand you need two damn socket wrenches to build this thing properly right? i had to go down to halfords spend 20 quid on on a wrench set and then another fiver on a 12 mm un adjustable coiling wrench. All the bolts were the same size for me so this worked out, you might have to spend 40 quid just on tools, trust me otherwise it will take you days to build the damn thing without the tools.

I have the low lat pulley system and its not so great, i wouldnt recommend it, it was quite complicated to build cos the instructions is a picture, thats it, no order or anything, if you go in the wrong order you have to undo and rebuild the right way, the dip add ons are good but not worth the money.

I have not tried chains or resistance bands but i thought chains shift the weight (because their moving) when your pressing so it makes you work harder to stabilise the weight, hitting your muscles in a different way.

I bet you ordered from powerhousefitness.co.uk, be ready for them talking crap to you about it being already dispatched and then you having to find out it is out of stock and having to wait a long time
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mclovin123)
    Noty sure, Maybe invest in some bands for power training? I mean if you are just looking for mass and strength gains then maybe it's not for you. Adding bands to the egdes of your bar and hooking them to the bottom of the rack makes the bar comes down quicker on benching. Alot of international rugby players and NFL players use it. It increases the speed of the ecentric portion of the press and increases power becuase it stretches the muscle quicker and harder. Bands are good IMO

Get some heavy chains too. They rest on the floor when your at your lowest point and makes te last section of the lift harder to complete. They are good for developing power and muscle resisitance. You get some releife from the weight as they rest on the floor say when your in the bottom sections of a deep squat or when you have the bar in your chest during the bench press. This makes the top section hard because as you lift it back up it unravals off the floor and increases the weight.

Maybe some thick grips?
    Ahh ok thanks, I've got some resistance bands but I'd probably need to tie a knot in them to make a full loop so I can hook it onto something. Maybe it's best I get some new ones. I like the sound of that though I'll definitely invest in both chains and bands soon, I can see how they work.

(Original post by jus2sik)
    Yeah I've read it's taken people hours to build, it's fine I've always been good with building stuff (unlike you by the sounds of it) and I already have a massive tool kit (every working man should!). As for powerhousefitness... yes I've heard awful things about them too, I'll be lucky to receive my order on time like the woman stated, but if not I'll be happy to wait and demand more discount hopefully.

I really want some gymnastic rings to hang of it, the prices vary so much though, I'm not paying £60 for a pair!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chains are generally better than bands but really expensive to get enough chain unless you find it cheap/free somewhere. Bands are cheaper, harder on your joints and people tend to overestimate the strength of bands they need. If you get a pair of minis and monster minis that's enough, MAYBE a pair of the next one up if you want to splash out. A lot of strongmen swear by bands for overhead press now. I'm not sure I really rate them for anything else.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very light bands are nice for shoulder dislocates and pull-aparts.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure for that
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know how bands and chains help, you're probably not advanced enough in your training to be using em but that's just my 2 cents, and I'm sure some will disagree with me. Waiting for powerlifter to come in and have his say
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFerguson)
    If you don't know how bands and chains help, you're probably not advanced enough in your training to be using em but that's just my 2 cents, and I'm sure some will disagree with me. Waiting for powerlifter to come in and have his say
    Actually I do I just wanted to show off my new equipment...
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually I do I just wanted to show off my new equipment...
    lol fair play, I'm actually pretty jealous :awesome: have fun and best of luck with your training
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus2sik)
    you do understand you need two damn socket wrenches to build this thing properly right? i had to go down to halfords spend 20 quid on on a wrench set and then another fiver on a 12 mm un adjustable coiling wrench. All the bolts were the same size for me so this worked out, you might have to spend 40 quid just on tools, trust me otherwise it will take you days to build the damn thing without the tools.

I have the low lat pulley system and its not so great, i wouldnt recommend it, it was quite complicated to build cos the instructions is a picture, thats it, no order or anything, if you go in the wrong order you have to undo and rebuild the right way, the dip add ons are good but not worth the money.

I have not tried chains or resistance bands but i thought chains shift the weight (because their moving) when your pressing so it makes you work harder to stabilise the weight, hitting your muscles in a different way.

I bet you ordered from powerhousefitness.co.uk, be ready for them talking crap to you about it being already dispatched and then you having to find out it is out of stock and having to wait a long time
    Everything all received ordered over the weekend and arrived today no hassle at all, great service I got.

Cleared out my old equipment, tidied & hoovered everything, built the power cage, built a bench, sorted out my 145kg into nice piles all in around 4 hours... Don't know how it could take you days seriously...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Everything all received ordered over the weekend and arrived today no hassle at all, great service I got.

Cleared out my old equipment, tidied & hoovered everything, built the power cage, built a bench, sorted out my 145kg into nice piles all in around 4 hours... Don't know how it could take you days seriously...
    lol my experience was different, they sent me parts for the cf375 in the cf475 box and the bolts didnt fit properly, it was a complete mix of parts between the two racks, they also provided two spanners that just barely got onto the bolts , i was having a hard time with the spanners mainly

midway through building it i realised it was not supposed to look this way, because one of the supports was much thicker then the other 3, i phoned up and made a complaint, 6 days later (business days = 2 weeks) they showed up and had a look told me ive received the mixture of parts so they took it away, i honed them up and asked them when will my order be coming, it was out of stock (the cf475 plus the lat low pulley) i said i wanted a refund, the lady said ok i might be able to get it out to you within the week, when all of a sudden 3 days later, i get a package at my door, i sign and its the f430

this is not the rack i ordered but i preferred this one, so i phoned again and asked where is my lat low pulley, the lady fobbed me off with the usual it takes a few days to deliver etc until i asked for a refund about a week later, i got the refund within the day, then on the 3/10 i get UPS at my door with a lat low pulley and dip stands

at this point i decided to keep my mouth shut and i have managed to save myself quite a lot of money, i originally spent £412 on just a cage and pulley, i ended up with a much better cage and a refund on my pulley for £127 meaning i only spend 285ish, but i began my order back in august, and i didnt get the gear till october/sep, i think i deserve the extras

when i built the f430 with wrenches took me half a day, originally it took me 3 days with spanners, my hands kept giving out tightening the damn things

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 17, 2011
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.